LEGO Star Wars

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think I'll hold off on that one because I still need to get the X Wing before it's retired.

So my wife surprised me for fathers day and got me the death star. This thing is amazing. Unfortunately, I got to box 3 and am short about 8 dark grey pieces. It appears they gave me black pieces instead of the dark grey. I even went backwards in the manual to make sure I didn't screw up because the manual does not make it easy to determine the colors all the time, but no such luck. Just sucks that I have to wait for Lego to send me my replacement pieces while I stare at a half finished DS.

But if you don't have one and are able to grab one, I highly endorse getting this.

So my wife surprised me for fathers day and got me the death star. This thing is amazing. Unfortunately, I got to box 3 and am short about 8 dark grey pieces. It appears they gave me black pieces instead of the dark grey. I even went backwards in the manual to make sure I didn't screw up because the manual does not make it easy to determine the colors all the time, but no such luck. Just sucks that I have to wait for Lego to send me my replacement pieces while I stare at a half finished DS.

But if you don't have one and are able to grab one, I highly endorse getting this.

If there was one complaint I had while building my DS it was being able to discern between grey, dark grey and black in the intructions, FYI.... perhaps that's the issue??

Any word on a new UCS Falcon? So regret not picking this up years ago.

Oh god no. Then I would have to buy it. :)

Still holding off on the TIE and X-wing, manage to convince myself everytime that I dont have the space for it.

Congrats on the DS. Great playability and love the build because it's not a symmetrical object. There's so much going on as you work your way up, and with all the different colors and different types of LEGO pieces, it's one of my favorites to build.

If there was one complaint I had while building my DS it was being able to discern between grey, dark grey and black in the intructions, FYI.... perhaps that's the issue??

I went all the way back to the beginning of the instructions for box 3 and the bags inside and couldn't find any area where I messed up. I searched google and this seems like it has happened to others. Who knows. Not that big of a deal. I have Arkham Knight to keep me busy while I wait for my replacement pieces to be delivered.

Congrats on the DS. Great playability and love the build because it's not a symmetrical object. There's so much going on as you work your way up, and with all the different colors and different types of LEGO pieces, it's one of my favorites to build.

Thanks. It really is a cool build. You really need to be paying attention to everything with this.

Just nabbed this for my son the other day. Glad to see these OT sets back in the limelight

latest

Anyone else pick up these buildable figures? These things are so cool. Really fun to build and the poseability is awesome. There's also a Jedi Luke, Clone Wars Obi Wan, and Commander Cody.

B2676301-C2BA-4087-B53D-659FDD685D94_zpskb1t4mez.jpg

844C06F5-FAA2-40B5-A1E6-5FF98702888F_zps6h5tmm86.jpg

F995C492-A4AE-49AD-9BC1-969BCC21FB09_zpskappvkce.jpg

Size comparison with Hot Toys Hawkeye.

884732B4-D4BF-45AB-9CB7-E2BDBDF17ABD_zpsswdz5nut.jpg

And with SH Figuarts Luke.

C3E6144F-0DD9-4C22-8DDE-46999AD08CC9_zpsal0lgcte.jpg

Just nabbed this for my son the other day. Glad to see these OT sets back in the limelight

latest

I've eyed it every time I've been over to my local (collector-friendly) Walmart. My son loves playing with the Lego sets (he's three) and he already has said that he wants the new Force Awakens MF and black Tie Fighter-- he loves seeing them in the new commercial.

Those are pretty cool. I saw them in the store but passed-wasn't sure how they'd look. But they look great in your pics.

Love these buildable figures! Fun to put together and have really good articulation. I picked up Obi Wan and Vader so far. My only gripe is the hip/pelvic joint area looks real thin on some figures like Jango, wish they covered it like they did with Obi Wan.

20597162464_db548f7918_c.jpg

21031746280_b6697c58db_c.jpg

I'm dangerously close to buying a Red Five X-wing. The only thing stopping me is that I'm not sure I want to spend $365 on it.

Anyone have it and can comment on if it's worth it?

Those new buildable figures look cool, guess I don't have to worry about what I'm getting my lego/star wars crazy cousin for christmas.

Back