LEGO Star Wars

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Picked up TFA Millennium Falcon finally at my local collector friendly Wally-World as it was the last one on clearance for only $100... 1329 pieces later it looks great displayed on the shelf with Maz's place.

Is this old news? Some knock off company called "LEPIN" is making UCS falcon "05033" for as low as $200 shipped! Hopefully this will put a fire under LEGO to do another UCS falcon sooner than later.

Really really close to ordering the TIE Fighter as a delayed Christmas present for myself. Just trying to find a store that still has it in stock.

Is this old news? Some knock off company called "LEPIN" is making UCS falcon "05033" for as low as $200 shipped! Hopefully this will put a fire under LEGO to do another UCS falcon sooner than later.

How close do those lepin sets come to quality and accuracy compared to a legit lego ucs falcon. If it is halfway decent I might consider getting one. I just don't want it to fall apart a year down the road.

How close do those lepin sets come to quality and accuracy compared to a legit lego ucs falcon. If it is halfway decent I might consider getting one. I just don't want it to fall apart a year down the road.

It's pretty much a 1:1 replica from what I can see. They parts snap together just like regular lego. Only known issue is some people's sets are missing a piece or two. But easily replaceable and won't cost you 1000's in the process.

Whether you think it's immoral or not that's up to you. I still have UCS slave 1 still in its sealed box waiting to be built. But might keep it there and build the LEPIN Slave 1 set instead for display. ?

I don't know if they are made by the same knock off company, but I picked up some bootleg Game of Thrones mini figures on eBay, and while they are kind of cool, there is a noticeable drop in quality compared to real LEGO parts. It is a cheaper plastic and tolerances are off causing some parts to not fight tightly.

Lepin are fantastic. I've bought and built both the Slave 1 UCS, and my grail kit the Super Star Destroyer UCS. They're identical to Lego, sans the Lego logo on the bricks. Stickers are sub par, and the minifigs can be very cheap at times. And they seem hellbent on making all the hard to obtain kits

Whether you think it's immoral or not that's up to you.

It's not. It's immoral. It's one thing to have similar bootleg sets, but Lepin is out of control creating near identical sets. They are stealing everything from overall design, build, box art, instructions, minifigures - everything. It's not okay.

I'm glad LEGO is fighting them in the courts, though it's an uphill battle in China.

I'm not one to pick up bigger Lego sets, but Target had the Resistance X-Wing on sale for $55 and I had a $50 gift card so out of pocket I got it for under $10 after tax which is obviously a great price. It's a great set and really shows how remarkable Lego's engineering is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not one to pick up bigger Lego sets, but Target had the Resistance X-Wing on sale for $55 and I had a $50 gift card so out of pocket I got it for under $10 after tax which is obviously a great price. It's a great set and really shows how remarkable Lego's engineering is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice score. I have Poe's X-Wing and it is nice as well.

Anyone into Lego? Just got myself the 75171 Battle of Scarif set :yess:

_DSC9331.jpg

:clap Awesome stuff, guys! Just put together the Rey speeder last weekend and got the U-Wing for Xmas but haven't had a chance to put it together yet.

I buy a lot of the sets but I haven't put any together as I don't have any place to display them. I have helped my nephew build a few and they are pretty fun. I figure I might save them until I retire if that ever ends up being possible. Don't know what else I would do with my time, I hate bingo and golf equally.

Back