Legendary Pictures' GODZILLA - !!SPOILERS!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What Biojex said. :lecture

I couldn't make up my mind so I bought them all. :lol

Same…and now that I've bought all the nice G14 toys I wanna go get the atomic breath vomiting one :lol

0.jpg

Same…and now that I've bought all the nice G14 toys I wanna go get the atomic breath vomiting one :lol

0.jpg

The only thing my son loved more than the Atomic Roar Godzilla was that 24" one. Unfortunately, the flimsy plastic can't support the weight of the tail and it's whitelining.

you have it, do you think it looks like the film in hand or the neca does? I've been reading the debate

There's no room for debating which looks more like the film, NECA is spot on to the CGI model, SHMA takes artistic liberities, they make for a more interesting looking figure but if you're after film accuracy, then it's a negative against it. The 2014 design, while full of textures and plates and scales, etc., is a fairly smooth textured creature, but the SHMA has an almost sculpted in clay, rough texture quality to it more reminescent of Toho Godzilla suits than the American design. There's something to like in both figures though, it's really a matter of what you want out of a figure.

Anybody seen the youtube reviews on the monster arts Godzilla of this...Awesome figure!

I love the look of the figure. That said, it is not screen accurate... and not just by a little. It looks almost completely redesigned. :lol

The snout appears to be longer on the figure.
The top of the head is too flat, in particular, the middle portion. There needs to be a slight dome right there.
The feet on the figure are awesome. It's what I wish Edwards' did with G2014. As it is, the figure doesn't have as bad as a cankle problem.
The arms are thinner on the figure, but it seems to be in correct proportion to the figure which is the next problem...
The overall body size is too small. G2014 on-screen was fatter. To be fair, the camera does add a few pounds. :panic:

WTF?! The top part of the head appears to be disconnected. :rotfl

Oh you didn't know? Godzilla unhinges his whole face to shoot fire. Its film accuracy :duh

:lol Yeah, I picked up the NECA one and that's good enough for me. Considered the MA one but he looks like a cartoony methhead.

I kind of went bonzo gonzo on everything G14.

It's definitely the teeth that sell that methhead Godzilla look :lol

Back