Legendary Pictures' GODZILLA - !!SPOILERS!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, wishful thinking. :lol

The final piece of the puzzle, the story, will be judged May 15th 7pm. :yess:

Reviews will be out few days before obviously.

Now sit back and enjoy my gif. :lol

How's the wife holding up. :duff

I take it you haven't read the cd listing lol if you haven't don't do it!

Looks great. My only issue is that I want Godzilla to be the bad guy for some part of the film and not the Saviour of the world. Looks like the Mutos are the problem and Godzilla is somehow summond to deal with them... Of course I could be wrong. But I liked the idea that most of the destruction was caused by Godzilla and not the Mutos. I thought that Godzilla would be the main problem until the Mutos showed up and then we would have just 2 bad a$$ monsters going at it.

Either way. It still looks good.

I read a while back that the human concepts of "good" and "evil" don't apply to Godzilla. The philosophy behind his character, is that he's the physical incarnation of a Kami - a Japanese god, that judges mankind accordingly. Sometimes he'll save the world from monsters, while on other occasions he'll trample all over Tokyo and burn it to the ground, as retribution against mankind for destroying nature with nuclear weapons. So, in other words, he's like a divine being that can't be judged by our standards of morality.

The philosophy behind his character, is that he's the physical incarnation of a Kami - a Japanese god, that judges mankind accordingly.
So he's like a divine being that can't be judged by our standards of morality.
And this **** is just another speculation.

And this **** is just another speculation.

No ****, Sherlock :lol. One of the most glaring problems with the Godzilla movies, is that they weren't consistent in the way that they portrayed him; sometimes he was "good", and sometimes he was "evil". But, somehow, all of the old movies are canon to each-other, regardless of the mess. So, I guess there was a need for some kind of speculative explanation to make sense of it all.

But, it's kind of interesting that Godzilla was referred to as a "god" in one of the trailers. So, maybe there's some credence to that weird theory that I read about :dunno.

But, it's kind of interesting that Godzilla was referred to as a "god" in one of the trailers. So, maybe there's some credence to that weird theory that I read about :dunno.

The 54' version did too. And since this is a 54' adaption I find same plots with story arc changed.

I read a while back that the human concepts of "good" and "evil" don't apply to Godzilla. The philosophy behind his character, is that he's the physical incarnation of a Kami - a Japanese god, that judges mankind accordingly. Sometimes he'll save the world from monsters, while on other occasions he'll trample all over Tokyo and burn it to the ground, as retribution against mankind for destroying nature with nuclear weapons. So, in other words, he's like a divine being that can't be judged by our standards of morality.

Well I hope none of that appears in this film

No ****, Sherlock :lol. One of the most glaring problems with the Godzilla movies, is that they weren't consistent in the way that they portrayed him; sometimes he was "good", and sometimes he was "evil". But, somehow, all of the old movies are canon to each-other, regardless of the mess. So, I guess there was a need for some kind of speculative explanation to make sense of it all.

What do you mean there was no reason for Godzilla to be good?? Mothra asked Godzilla and Rodan to join her and help save mankind and the world from Ghidorah in Ghidorah the Three-Headed Monster. Godzilla started to get a soft spot for mankind after that. :) The people if the world owe Mothra their life :)

Godzilla 1984 ignored all of the films after 1954. After that Godzilla was never a "good" guy. He might fight monsters who are more of a threat to mankind then he is but he fights them because they are on his turf not because he is a "good" guy.

Come on man this is Godzilla 101 ;) ;) ;) :) :) :)

:wink1:

I like this, it wouldn't surprise me if this is how godzilla is explained in this film. Making him out to be an actual god as opposed to a mutated monster, sounds cool to me.

I like this, it wouldn't surprise me if this is how godzilla is explained in this film. Making him out to be an actual god as opposed to a mutated monster, sounds cool to me.

He was a god in GMK. So it's not totally offbase. I did like that '54 had a scientific explanation but it acknowledged the spiritual ties as well. Now, was Godzilla ever a god? Probably not, no. But he was revered as one very much in his origins.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Imagine the fights though. We havent seen one fight scene in a trailer and I absolutly love that.

What I really love is that we've only seen one Muto, the male, and that they're keeping the female a surprise. Really can't wait to find out what the big mama looks like.

No ****, Sherlock :lol
Hey, don't mock your fella for playing Captain Obvious! :monkey3

One of the most glaring problems with the Godzilla movies, is that they weren't consistent in the way that they portrayed him; sometimes he was "good", and sometimes he was "evil".
Actually that's his strongest advantage over other giant monsters.
We don't know why it does what it does and some 'll attempt to explain it scientifically, some - mysticaly.
This is just a way to signify our ignorance and primitiveness.

sometimes he was "good"
Only in kids movies.

But all of the old movies are canon to each-other, regardless of the mess.
Excesses of industry.

Well I hope none of that appears in this film

What do you mean there was no reason for Godzilla to be good?? Mothra asked Godzilla and Rodan to join her and help save mankind and the world from Ghidorah in Ghidorah the Three-Headed Monster. Godzilla started to get a soft spot for mankind after that. :) The people if the world owe Mothra their life :)

Godzilla 1984 ignored all of the films after 1954. After that Godzilla was never a "good" guy. He might fight monsters who are more of a threat to mankind then he is but he fights them because they are on his turf not because he is a "good" guy.

Come on man this is Godzilla 101 ;) ;) ;) :) :) :)

:wink1:

When did I ever say that? :dunno I mentioned about the lack of consistency in Godzilla's behavior. Either Godzilla is bipolar, or there's some sort of grounds for why he acts "evil" sometimes, but chooses to act "good" at other times.

And actually, a portion of Godzilla 101 is right here (copied from Wiki, where I got my information from :lol), where Shogo Tomiyama provided a nihilistic account on Godzilla's behavior. I think it practically negates the idea that Godzilla is driven by animalistic behaviors of territorial dominance. Although, I think you're also right with your assumption :dunno. Godzilla probably changes accordingly to suit the needs for whatever directors are handling him.

Godzilla's allegiance and motivations have changed from film to film to suit the needs of the story. Although Godzilla does not like humans,[40] it will fight alongside humanity against common threats. However, it makes no special effort to protect human life or property[41] and will turn against its human allies on a whim. It is not motivated to attack by predatory instinct: it doesn't eat people,[25] and instead sustains itself on radiation[42] and an omnivorous diet.[38][43] When inquired if Godzilla was "good or bad", producer Shogo Tomiyama likened it to a Shinto "God of Destruction" which lacks moral agency and cannot be held to human standards of good and evil. "He totally destroys everything and then there is a rebirth. Something new and fresh can begin."[25]

Well, Godzilla still has to be a mutated monster for the film to have its Japanese DNA :lol. Godzilla was created from the aftermath of nuclear weapons testing, and the monster itself serves as an allegory for man's punishment for unleashing nukes into the world. Humans created nukes, nukes destroyed the environment and created Godzilla, and in turn, Godzilla destroys man.

So, Godzilla doesn't really have to be divine, and there's absolutely no need to introduce some sort of weird "monster religion" into the movie. Godzilla could just be a physical representation (or an analogy) for what a Japanese God of destruction would be like.

Hey, don't mock your fella for playing Captain Obvious! :monkey3

Actually that's his strongest advantage over other giant monsters.
We don't know why it does what it does and some 'll attempt to explain it scientifically, some - mysticaly.
This is just a way to signify our ignorance and primitiveness.

Only in kids movies.

Excesses of industry.

Ugh, no kidding about the excess man, there's been way too many movies :slap.

Last edited:
revutuqe.jpg

Someone on Facebook made this.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

I like it! :clap

That would be interesting... However, I prefer Godzilla to remain an unpredictable force of nature with nothing but mystery surrounding his true purpose.

There is always a possibility that the whole god reference is out of context through editing for the trailer, Ford calls him a monster but then it's a woman's voice saying a god, so perhaps the full dialogue is her saying how certain folks viewed him as a god, similar to Oto Island in Gojira, I forget if it was the leaked script or where I read it, but something mentioned that the '54 scene would imply some Japanese islanders would revere him as a god.

Well we all know he isnt a god sent down from heaven to smight the evil muto. He's a product of a radiation and tampering with nature. More like a messenger from God that nature is still in control of all humanity and earth is not our planet we just live on it.

Back