Legalizing Drugs On The Horizon

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
IMHO, the answer to "less violence via drugs" is simply more violence to an extreme level.
Obviously, it is completely absurd to seriously suggest that this could actually happen in the U.S. But at the same time, it probably would work. You would certainly think twice about stealing in Saudi Arabia. If we lived in a totalitarian police state, a lot of our "problems" could be shored up real quick. I would just hope that none of my habits popped up on the government's list of inappropriate behaviors.

WAR IS PEACE
FREEDOM IS SLAVERY
IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

(waits for Teemu to post something :p )

Sure once pot is legal there would be a rise in people smoking it. But once the novelty wore off it people would look at it just like beer and cigs. (no biggie) and ^^^^ would continue back to normal. But weed don't hurt you as bad like cigs and alcohol so the govt aint gonna legalize it anytime soon. Weed makes you think (contrary to popular belief) and alcohol dumbs you down.(hey we all like it) But weed will make you take a look at things in a different light, perhaps open your 3rd eye a bit. And the Govt wants none of that, and i don't see it happening anytime soon. (hope i'm wrong)

Obviously, it is completely absurd to seriously suggest that this could actually happen in the U.S. But at the same time, it probably would work. You would certainly think twice about stealing in Saudi Arabia. If we lived in a totalitarian police state, a lot of our "problems" could be shored up real quick. I would just hope that none of my habits popped up on the government's list of inappropriate behaviors.

WAR IS PEACE
FREEDOM IS SLAVERY
IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

(waits for Teemu to post something :p )

A wise man once said this:

FEAR LEADS TO ANGER
ANGER LEADS TO HATE
HATE LEADS TO SUFFERING

i would be dead quite a few times over if they killed you for smoking weed. judging from my experience so would the majority of people i have met.

People that let alcohol influence their work performance get fired - just as pot users would.

However the government has set up the FDA to keep the public "safe" from pharmaceuticals that haven't been proven harmless. How could heroin, meth and cocaine, which have no medicinal value at all, ever become legalized?

But pot - why not? Should legalize prostitution too and tax the ^^^^ out of both.

:lecture:lecture:lecture

everybody i work with drinks heavily once they are out of work, some drink during lunch breaks. This makes them pretty worthless, but everyone sees it as status quo. I have had to have some of the most annoying conversations with my superiors while they are tanked. I have no tolerance for this. My other boss smokes weed, and he is always helpful, concise , and on point. I find it odd that the pothead is more productive than the drinkers. Yet one is legal and one is illegal.

They should shoot people for drinking too then! That would teach everyone to think there is freedom in the US! Fascism ftw! :p

LOL. they should just legalize weed and tax it. It should only be able to be smoked in private, or in a designated "bar". Nobody should shoot anyone for drug use. Thats a slippery slope lol. capital punishment should be reserved for murderers, rapists, and the likes of that. Capital punishment should also be reserved for the Military.

LOL. they should just legalize weed and tax it. It should only be able to be smoked in private, or in a designated "bar". Nobody should shoot anyone for drug use. Thats a slippery slope lol. capital punishment should be reserved for murderers, rapists, and the likes of that. Capital punishment should also be reserved for the Military.

I agree with all those words, sentences and dots! :D

The only way to contain it is to legalize it so it can be brought to the surface and get taxed and controlled so that nobody gets any bad trips ;) and the enormous criminality involved in weed is stopped! Why would you drive to some shady spot under a bridge in some backwards village if you can just buy some at your local pharmacy?

I agree with all those words, sentences and dots! :D

The only way to contain it is to legalize it so it can be brought to the surface and get taxed and controlled so that nobody gets any bad trips ;) and the enormous criminality involved in weed is stopped! Why would you drive to some shady spot under a bridge in some backwards village if you can just buy some at your local pharmacy?

i know, people get into more ^^^^ cause they go to a bad neighborhood that they should never be in. When i was in high school we used to go to east ny for cheap plentiful chronic. We were almost killed/robbed many times. I wish i could have gone to the cornerstore instead lol

So what would some of these unintended consequences be if weed was legalized? I don't think it would be any worse then it is now. And I can't see how money spent on legalizing and controlling drugs is gonna cost more money then the "war" that is now going on. And simply executing people for drug possesion is a non-issue as that is against pretty much every rule we play with.

Chavez you might wanna actually read what he wrote before you get your feelings hurt. :lol

Chavez you might wanna actually read what he wrote before you get your feelings hurt. :lol

Okay..I read again.:rolleyes: Now I see what he's saying in the first half about helping the addicts an so on. But it's the last couple of paragraphs were he starts talking about killing people who associate with drugs?? That was what I was tripping on.:confused:

Last edited:
Yeah, but he is philosophizing from his arse. He knows a literal war on drugs is unlikely. He is just taking an idea and expanding on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back