Kuato's Paintwork and Sculpture Update 2/7/17

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Kuato's Paintwork and Customs

OK ... I'll admit I'm buzzin' a little from the various Captain Morgans at dinner tonight from the hotel lounge, but I'm BUMPING this bad boy thread to the top in the anticipation of Chris getting his flattener and posting some pics of my Licky Joker and Bale scupts. :chew :banana :duff :bounce :rock2

Go back down and have another for me! :D I have no doubt Chris C. will do another amazing job!

Did everyone see how beautiful his paint work on my Summer Glau sculpt is? Look at the range from Joker to Summer. Pretty darn good. :naughty

Go back down and have another for me! :D I have no doubt Chris C. will do another amazing job!

Did everyone see how beautiful his paint work on my Summer Glau sculpt is? Look at the range from Joker to Summer. Pretty darn good. :naughty

He did very beutiful work. Cant wait to see his paint up of the Battle damage one.:rock

Last edited:

Thanks Chris, That means alot coming from the master sculptor himself :)
Thanks Jose!, I can't wait to paint the BD one
Keith here you are buddy, I took a pic of all three in natural light, pic came out great, here is your set done and ready to ship upon your approval
Picture_2363_2_.jpg

these repaints are fantastic!

for the indy head did you strip the paint? or just primered over the whole thing? can you share more shots of him? :)

these repaints are fantastic!

for the indy head did you strip the paint? or just primered over the whole thing? can you share more shots of him? :)

Thank you, and welcome aboard! On the indy headsculpts, i did indeed strip the paint, I do with all the sculpts I repaint, it adds to the realism in the end result. This is the only other shot of the second repaint I did of him, sorry

Picture_2344_2_.jpg

Here is another repaint I don't think I posted in this thread, of a Hot Toys sculpt suppose to be Dicaprio
Picture_2036.jpg

thanks :) can I ask what did you use to strip the head? I need to do this at some point.

so do you use any of the underlying plastic colour as a base or just white primer over it and paint from there?

Keith here you are buddy, I took a pic of all three in natural light, pic came out great, here is your set done and ready to ship upon your approval
Picture_2363_2_.jpg

Holy moly, Batman ... I mean Chris!!! Those are awesome! That Licky Joker just screams "Well, Hello Beautiful!". That's the head going on the V1 HT Joker with the knife in hand pushing back his hair in that scene. Well, at least for a while. The other head will go on him later with his coats off sitting down with his feet spread for the jail scene. And the Bale ... that's going to be so cool in a suit, or for a black shirt and jeans.

I couldn't be happier! Thanks for the hard work and feel free to ship when you can. :joy

I'm trying to pay attention to the BCS Championship game but I keep staring at the Licky Joker. Man, that sculpt is freakin' me out! Just stare at that thing for a minute. It gave me chills. That one looks evil ... the Joker's persona perfected in sculpt and paint.

We have the best sculptor and painter!!!

Thanks Chris and Chris! You both are artists extraordinaire!!!

I'm trying to pay attention to the BCS Championship game but I keep staring at the Licky Joker. Man, that sculpt is freakin' me out! Just stare at that thing for a minute. It gave me chills. That one looks evil ... the Joker's persona perfected in sculpt and paint.

We have the best sculptor and painter!!!

Thanks Chris and Chris! You both are artists extraordinaire!!!

Alright! I'm glad you like it Keith, I made some minor mods after seeing the pic, added a little messiness on the lips, added more character :), I can't wait for you to see them in hand, i'm sure you'll be pleased. They will ship tomorrow Keith.

Chris

Looking at your Bale sculpt Chris H. I can see that HT really missed the mark cause of the hair as well, the hair is perfect on yours, the HT versions are just.....there?

Looking at your Bale sculpt Chris H. I can see that HT really missed the mark cause of the hair as well, the hair is perfect on yours, the HT versions are just.....there?

Thank you for the kind compliment. As you can see, Chris C. really brought him to life.

Though he hasn't been anywhere near as popular as the Jokers as Chris C. can attest.... he hasn't painted very many Wayne/Bales in comparison!

All three are still available, BTW, though I think Chris C. might be a bit tired of painting them by now. :D

Thanks Chris, That means alot coming from the master sculptor himself :)
Thanks Jose!, I can't wait to paint the BD one
Picture_2363_2_.jpg

i dont know where i am on the list chris. if its not too late i would like my licky joker to look like the middle pic. :chew

just bumping my questions ;)

can I ask what did you use to strip the head? and how did you go about it? I also need to strip an indy head.

so do you use any of the underlying plastic colour as a base or just white primer over it and paint from there?

No probelm drjedisith :)

As for stripping the head of original paint, I use acetone, and rub off gently, takes awhile but you need to be careful as some sculpts are more sensitive to the acetone than others (HT definately) I don't use any of the underlying plastic, although I probably would if it was a perfect skin tone to start off with, the Indy sculpt doesn't have really a usable color underneath, too pale, then I was the sculpt with downy to soften it up from the harshness of the acetone, then I apply the base coat straight on, no primer, the primer tends to also hide some of the detail in the sculpt. HOpe that helps

Chris

Can we get a list update? Im so antsy for my Joker. Not that I'm close yet, but hopefully I'll be up sometime by Feb. (Also hope to get my Bond adjusted still ;) ) You're the best Chris, keep up the great work!!!

I am interested in purchasing unpainted sculpts of these. Is this the right thread? Could I see more pics of Bale from different angles? Perhaps unpainted?

I am interested in purchasing unpainted sculpts of these. Is this the right thread? Could I see more pics of Bale from different angles? Perhaps unpainted?

Actually, drop me a PM or email and I can get some photos to you of the unpainted heads and we can arrange to get you some castings.

This thread is for Chris C. to amaze us with his incomparable painting skills! :D

Back