Kotobukiya Danger Room Wolverine 1/6 Fine Art Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMG_6823.jpg

IMG_6820.jpg

IMG_6818.jpg

IMG_68141.jpg

IMG_6816.jpg

Wow, the raw sculpt looks fantastic. I like the unmasked face better on this one more than the last one. There's more detail in it. Now we just have to hope the paint apps hold up on this piece.

I wonder if the base lights up like the first one did and if it does, I hope they make it brighter or have it stand out like SSC did with some of their pieces

Wow, the raw sculpt looks fantastic. I like the unmasked face better on this one more than the last one. There's more detail in it. Now we just have to hope the paint apps hold up on this piece.

This will look incredible when it's custom painted.

Without a doubt. Bad paint apps are the only thing that can drag this piece down. The sculpt itself is phenomenal.

I wouldn't worry about the paint application as much, because Kotobukiya can deliver great paint apps when it wants to. Case in point: Magneto, Spidey, Thor, Cap, Venom, etc. Also, they are planting to release it on the first quarter of 2015, so there is plenty time for improvements. They did not do the same with Cyclops, hawkeye, Hulk and others. As always, time is of the essence.

I wouldn't worry about the paint application as much, because Kotobukiya can deliver great paint apps when it wants to. Case in point: Magneto, Spidey, Thor, Cap, Venom, etc. Also, they are planting to release it on the first quarter of 2015, so there is plenty time for improvements. They did not do the same with Cyclops, hawkeye, Hulk and others. As always, time is of the essence.

Yeah, paint apps are a crap shoot with any company really. My post wasn't really meant to be a knock on Koto. They have come a long way and it's not like other companies are immune to bad paint apps. A sculpt this nice really deserves a great paint job. Hopefully, Koto comes through.

Bowen is supposed to have a new brown costume Wolverine whenever they renew the Marvel contract.

I completely doubt that it is going to be as good as this one. Don't get me wrong, I love and collect Bowen but Erick Sosa is the best sculptor of Jim Lee era characters (which is my favorite) period. Bowen's is going to be closer to the art of John Byrne, Mark Silvestri or Steve Dillon (which is great also).

I completely doubt that it is going to be as good as this one. Don't get me wrong, I love and collect Bowen but Erick Sosa is the best sculptor of Jim Lee era characters (which is my favorite) period. Bowen's is going to be closer to the art of John Byrne, Mark Silvestri or Steve Dillon (which is great also).

I don't think it'll top this but you can always have both.

Back