Knife/Sword Collectors

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darth_Fatso

Super Freak
Reaction score
Any knife or sword collectors here? I used to collect knives when I was a teen and had quite a big collection though most were cheap Pakistan and Chinese made junk. Sadly most of my collection was stolen years ago which kinda made me loose my desire to collect but within the last year or so my interest in knife collecting has returned. My current collection is rather small atm and only consists of 2 machetes, 2 Kukri knives from Nepal, a Spyderco Tenacious folding knife and my personal favorite, a Busse Team Gemini Light Brigade (which is a lighter version of the knife Daryl Dixon has on TWD).

Any other knife or sword collectors here?

Yup I love blades too! But I don't own anything high end. I want to get a nice katana but those can be really pricey. I do have some gerber machetes and tamahawk and even that cold steel kukri. I'm a huge fan of tanto blades. I got a few tanto fixed blade and folders. I still want a SOG Seal Pup. I buy a lot of $50ish blades because it gets the job done.

Here's what I have on me now, that little ditch blade goes in a sheath on my belt.
6383581F-3464-4626-B018-49576810ECF2-7243-000004F2EFBC2BF3_zps35965b1d.jpg

Gerber De Facto 440C High Carbon Steel, very light. Not on me but picture is on my phone.
1769F5F1-2230-4DD7-8EEF-F3FBDC2B9F07-4808-000004064FE4949A.jpg

Yup I love blades too! But I don't own anything high end. I want to get a nice katana but those can be really pricey. I do have some gerber machetes and tamahawk and even that cold steel kukri. I'm a huge fan of tanto blades. I got a few tanto fixed blade and folders. I still want a SOG Seal Pup. I buy a lot of $50ish blades because it gets the job done.

Here's what I have on me now, that little ditch blade goes in a sheath on my belt.
6383581F-3464-4626-B018-49576810ECF2-7243-000004F2EFBC2BF3_zps35965b1d.jpg

Gerber De Facto 440C High Carbon Steel, very light. Not on me but picture is on my phone.
1769F5F1-2230-4DD7-8EEF-F3FBDC2B9F07-4808-000004064FE4949A.jpg

Nice.

I'd like a nice quality katana too. I used to have a Hanwei Tsunami katana years ago but sold it cause I needed money. I've actually been eying a Ronin Dojo Pro katana for awhile. It's not differentially clay tempered so it doesn't have a hamon but for $275 it should make for a good beater.

I've also been eying a Cold Steel Kobun tanto. You can get one for around $30 shipped on Amazon. I used to have a CS Trail Master bowie but sold it to a friend.

What kind CS kukri do you have if you don't mind me asking? Is is it the machete or the Gurkha model?

Here a few pics of my knives

Busse TGLB

HI Khukris and CS Trail Master bowie (thye bowie I no longer own)

And my machetes (the one on the bottom I also no longer have)

Nice.

I'd like a nice quality katana too. I used to have a Hanwei Tsunami katana years ago but sold it cause I needed money. I've actually been eying a Ronin Dojo Pro katana for awhile. It's not differentially clay tempered so it doesn't have a hamon but for $275 it should make for a good beater.

I've also been eying a Cold Steel Kobun tanto. You can get one for around $30 shipped on Amazon. I used to have a CS Trail Master bowie but sold it to a friend.

What kind CS kukri do you have if you don't mind me asking? Is is it the machete or the Gurkha model?

It's the machete kukri, saw it at my LGS for $25, can't go wrong with that.

Here a few pics of my knives

Busse TGLB

HI Khukris and CS Trail Master bowie (thye bowie I no longer own)

And my machetes (the one on the bottom I also no longer have)

Damn, love those kukri's

I had this made from a guy up in Ontario, took about 21 weeks for it to ship as he has a lot he's working on.
Scales are buffalo horn, full tang, overall length is roughly 8.75". Nice weight too.
This is the second piece I've had him make for me, the first being an axe with a pipe / tomahawk essentially.

Last edited:
I"m a big fan of fantasty weapons. I have the dragonlord by gil hibben and a double blade thing from kit rae. Can't remember the name of that one
I also have a dagger from the heavymetal2000 movie.

I"m a big fan of fantasty weapons. I have the dragonlord by gil hibben and a double blade thing from kit rae. Can't remember the name of that one
I also have a dagger from the heavymetal2000 movie.

I too have several Kit Rae swords including the dual blade which is "Avaquar Sword of the Deep". I also have the gil hibben dual dagger Double Shadow.

I use to collect all sorts of decorative swords. I had a bunch but now they are just siting in my closet collecting dust. I'd love to get rid of them all cause they're nothing but a waste of space. Over the years I've gone more practical weapons. I have one high quality katana that is functional. Besides that I've taken to collecting quality knives. I have a few folding knives but my favorite ones are my Gerber LHR and my Gerber FAST XL Tanto. Both my camping knives. My EDC is a Gerber Hinderer CLS. Yes I love Gerber.

I have a lot of EDC benchmade and Wilson combat knives. Got a good about of survival/wood chopping knives also.

SOG:Creed
Cold steel:trail master
Bench made:bush crafter
Ka-bar

I gotta look around but I know I have more

Knife1_zps6fa56d70.jpg

Same maker for both axe and knife.

Knife2_zps9979dce3.jpg

Knife4_zps70eb7f2a.jpg

Various pocket tools with Custom at bottom.

Knife3_zps3b387c12.jpg

Love that hawk! Who's the maker if I may ask?

I have a lot of EDC benchmade and Wilson combat knives. Got a good about of survival/wood chopping knives also.

SOG:Creed
Cold steel:trail master
Bench made:bush crafter
Ka-bar

I gotta look around but I know I have more

Both great knives. I sold my CS TM to a friend and gave my old USMC Ka-Bar to another. I really miss my old Ka-Bar though. Put it through the ringer as a teen.

Maker for both the hawk and knife can be found here:
https://www.north-river-custom-knives.com/

About 3 years ago I was looking to get a hawk, and out of all the makers he seemed to be the most affordable with great quality.
Solid tools that can be used and still be appreciated on looks/materials.
I like the tactical stuff, but the handcrafted stuff always feels better in my hand.
Hawk was $395-400 shipped from Canada, knife $210.

Most of what he makes does not last long, and the wait is approx 15-20 weeks for custom orders.

Last edited:
Back