Kit Shipped!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
RogueJedi30 said:
I am patiently waiting, but I can olny cover my eyes when I check my email so many times before I give up and go looney toons.
I know how you feel, man. But I guess it could be worse-- I had to wait at least two weeks after Luke and Ani came out because I ordered them from BBTS.

I still don't understand Sideshow's shipping order. We know that they don't ship out the pieces in the sequence in which all of the pre-orders for this item were placed, right? So how is the shipping order generated? I can understand the West coasters getting their's first simply because they are closer but I see that hairlesswookie in Florida is scheduled to receive his tommorrow and yet I haven't even received a shipping notice for mine and I'm in Florida as well. I had placed my pre-order pretty early, if not mistaken. Will double check...

EDIT: Oh, and I received my 3-5 day notice back on 7/5/06...

EDIT 2: I just checked and I was able to order in under 10 minutes from the time it went on sale. So I guess there were a ton of pre-orders taken in before then.

Last edited:
I don't understand how they ship either. I got my Luke shipped right away and I got that off the waitlist, but my anakin didn't get shipped till about a week after the first shipping notices were going out. I got my order in for Kit in around 3 minutes and it shipped Monday. So who knows how they do it.

FlyAndFight said:
I still don't understand Sideshow's shipping order. We know that they don't ship out the pieces in the sequence in which all of the pre-orders for this item were placed, right? So how is the shipping order generated? I can understand the West coasters getting their's first simply because they are closer but I see that hairlesswookie in Florida is scheduled to receive his tommorrow and yet I haven't even received a shipping notice for mine and I'm in Florida as well. I had placed my pre-order pretty early, if not mistaken. Will double check...

EDIT: Oh, and I received my 3-5 day notice back on 7/5/06...

I have learned not to make any assumptions regarding the order in which Sideshow ships their items. A lot of the time, they ship first come first served, but not all of the time. There are a lot of factors than can influence how they ship. Even when the e-mails specifically state that the preauthorization charges will be processed in the order they were placed, that doesn't always happen--some people have theirs delivered when other people who ordered before them haven't even been preauthorized. So if we don't expect them to ship first come first served all the time, we won't get upset when they don't do it. We can't hold them to promises they never made...

If you are like me and sit by the computer waiting to be among the first to order a new item, it feels good when your enthusiasm and effort is rewarded by being one of the first to get a shipping notice. But for several reasons, this doesn't always happen. When we place an order, we are promised an item, and they will make sure that we get one--not that we get one before everybody else. It's a nice bonus when the first to order are the first shipped, but it doesn't always work out that way. I have just had to learn to be happy when it does and patient when it doesn't.

:peace

It does seem rather random, eh? Maybe that's exactly what it is. Who knows?

I mean, I could drive 20 minutes and be at Sideshow's front door and I haven't received my shipping notice (even though I was one of the first two to get the "arriving in our warehouse shortly" notice.)

Go figure! (No pun intended.)

- J!

The hardest thing to grasp would be that it is random. How can you keep track if it's all random? I can see them shipping first come first served, or according to payment method, or according to zip code, or according to last name, but why would you sort them all randomly? I processed orders when I worked in a retail bookstore and I don't even think I could have made the software sort the orders randomly and not according to some kind of logical method. The ordering software didn't have a "shuffle" option like iTunes. Even when we can't make sense of it, there has to be some sort of rhyme or reason to the order in which Sideshow ships out their orders.

Remember, there are a lot of us who post here, but not everybody who orders gets online and tells us when they place an order or when it ships. You may think you are at the front of the line when it is shipping time, yet you are unaware of the 100 people who ordered before you and aren't talking about it.

HOWEVER--If my Gray Hulk gets shipped last because of how they accidentally cancelled it and then reinstated it with a higher order number, I will cry.

:monkey2

(But I'll still have a Gray Hulk, so I won't cry for long...)

tomandshell said:
:monkey2

(But I'll still have a Gray Hulk, so I won't cry for long...)
Cry all the way to the bank...

Back on topic...as I recall Kit sold out in like 20 minutes or something, so you take if you ordered 10 minutes in there's 625 people ahead in line...and then you take other products being shipped that's probably part of the delay.

Just my two credits.

I just got my Kit on display. He looks awesome and I really feel bad for anyone that did not order this figure. The Exclusive Battle Droid head is heavy as others have already said. It tends to want to lie face down, but can be laid on its side with some work. It really is cool to have. To answer some other questions, he really isn't top heavy. I have him with his stand though, but he didn't seem to want to fall over at all before the stand. His box is slightly deeper than the others do to his tenticals which are slightly rubbery. They are not articulated bendy rubbery, but they give enough to put the robe over or under them. His hands are Jedi hands. They pop off easily enough (mine popped off when trying to move his hand in a lower position and I about had a heart attack because I wasn't sure if his were meant to come off). I really wish he had a set of lightsaber grib and force hands because they do pop off. Luke had two unique hands and then a few more interchangables too so there isn't much of a reason he couldn't have more hands except that he is just a background Jedi. The hands they have given him work very well for the Mace Group shot (which as likely the reason for the specific hands they gave him).

Overall I think he may be my favorite Jedi figure at the moment. He is very well done. I hope we get some more aliens now and I can't wait for Mace and the rest of the group and Palpatine to display him with.

Expect me to get a new avatar soon!

WOO HOO! I just got my shipping notice for KIT!!!! Mine is for the regular, for those who were asking.

Glad to hear regs are shipping out, hopefully it won't be too much longer now. I couldn't order mine until later that evening so...

I got my Kit today... a day early... woo hoo... Happy Birthday to me. He is awsome and the teeth don't look nearly as bad as the pictures I saw last week.

madden821 said:
I got my Kit today... a day early... woo hoo... Happy Birthday to me. He is awsome and the teeth don't look nearly as bad as the pictures I saw last week.
Would you care to post a pic of your Kits teeth? :D

Fantastic points, Tomandshell.

Considering that you're the "FedEx Fan", I understand how late shipping + FedEx Delivery = fustration...
At least FedEx delivers my packages on time. Unfortunately to the neighbor two houses down...:confused:

FlyAndFight said:
Fantastic points, Tomandshell.

Considering that you're the "FedEx Fan", I understand how late shipping + FedEx Delivery = fustration...
At least FedEx delivers my packages on time. Unfortunately to the neighbor two houses down...:confused:

That happened to my brother with DHL, except it was just the neighbor next door. If that happened to me, it would end up at my grandmother's house :lol

I'll try to take some pics of Kit later. My Kit's teeth look pretty good. They look about as clean as my dog's. I think the camera just makes them look worse than they are in person though. Overall, I'm happy with Davy Jones cousin.

Back