Kingdom of the Planet of the Apes

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Miss the leather suits and guns, but maybe we'll have to wait a little longer for that.

This looks absolutely stunning! I'm a big fan of the reboot trilogy and hopefully this lives up to the previous 3.

Although I feel like their voices are a bit too clean, they should have made them sound a bit more guttural with their speech.

Looks great. I'm cautiously optimistic here. Hey, it may be owned by Disney now, but it's not the Star Wars people or Marvel people doing it, so maybe some agenda-free adults made it onto the production and are trying to make something people might actually want to see. Now there's a happy thought...

We'll see...

O wow… it is owned by Disney isn’t it? I forgot about that.

If this does numbers I hope to see a ride at animal kingdom. They can train their monkeys to ride horses and capture humans around the park.

Seems kinda promising, but just not sure how well a new trilogy will work without Andy Serkis at the heart of it. His incredible performance is what made those movies work so well, even more than the CGI or Reeves's direction.

I'm intrigued by the trailer. It's obvious what this appears to be and could be either great or terrible, it all depends on the execution....
Spoiler Spoiler:
It's pretty obvious from the more modern clothing the character is wearing compared to the clothing of the other humans. It's the first thing I thought after watching the trailer. I agree, she's too young to be an astronaut. It may be explained that she's a descendent from a colony ship, terraformed Mars colony, or child of an astronaut, which could be the unavoidable "twist" in a blatant POTA remake that this movie appears to be. I'm actually okay if they're outright remaking the entire POTA franchise because, they've managed to make one hell of a lead up to such a reveal.

I'm intrigued by the trailer. It's obvious what this appears to be and could be either great or terrible, it all depends on the execution....

It's pretty obvious from the more modern clothing the character is wearing compared to the clothing of the other humans. It's the first thing I thought after watching the trailer. I agree, she's too young to be an astronaut. It may be explained that she's a descendent from a colony ship, terraformed Mars colony, or child of an astronaut, which could be the unavoidable "twist" in a blatant POTA remake that this movie appears to be. I'm actually okay if they're outright remaking the entire POTA franchise because, they've managed to make one hell of a lead up to such a reveal.
Technically she’s not too young given, the ages of the actual youngest astronauts in real life.

But really they probably just cast a young actress so that she’s available from now until whenever the next movies or trilogies are.

What a wonderful day...

G3BNDo.gif

I had no idea there were so many of the original movies. I thought there was like two or three at the most but there’s like 10

I had no idea there were so many of the original movies. I thought there was like two or three at the most but there’s like 10
The original movies were 5. Planet of, Beneath, Conquest, Escape and Battle for. When I was a kid in the town where I lived, Laramie, Wyoming there was a theater near the park. They did a special weekend showing of all 5 movies two days in a row. Both Saturday and Sunday starting at 8:am. I went both days. It was epic fun for a 12 year old. I love those movies. I’ve got a special box set of all 5 on Blu-ray. The new movies don’t stack up against the old ones for me. I prefer the apes dressed like humans with human characteristics over a bunch of chimp looking characters. They’re okay but not like the originals.

Back