King Leonidas Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I kinda like it without the helmet. If I didn't have to cancel though I would have had the exclusive. :monkey2 Now I get neither. LOL!

Finally my Leonidas arrives! Not the #300 I was looking for!

Just a few new shots!

He is very impressive! Sure happy that I didnt change my mind on this one, and yes EX is the only way to go!

16rsk1.jpg

21odw8.jpg

oj11rt.jpg

2e1yxox.jpg

1118sgo.jpg

ftemoo.jpg

I fixed the cape on mine. There is no reason for the thing to be sewn onto the shoulders, so I cut it off. I took a sharp exacto, and cut the four stitches on each shoulder, then I took a pair of tweezers and pulled out the remaining threads. I also removed the cheap black clasp they had holding the cape together. I used a needle and some red thread to tack the cape together, and then re-glued the gold decorative emblem over the seam. It looks tons better, and you can futz the cape however you want. It easily covers the seam on the neck, and looks much more natural in my opinion. In my pics, I played around with an over-the-shoulder look for the helmet head, and an off-the-shoulder look for the regular.

That really looks better and closer to the prototype images. I just couldn't find a way to make the cape cover the neck joing and hang naturally because of the way it was sewn onto those straps, and when my replacement gets here I might be brave enough to try something like what you've done.

I'll be honest of the Reg heads posted here I think yours is the best we've seen

Believe it or not, mine looks just like that in person. I think this PF suffers from darker paint than most other PF's, which makes it look too dark when photographed in lower light levels. Get this thing under lights, and it kills. I photographed mine in the darkest room of the house using reflected light from a window.

Finally my Leonidas arrives! Not the #300 I was looking for!

Just a few new shots!

He is very impressive! Sure happy that I didnt change my mind on this one, and yes EX is the only way to go!

ftemoo.jpg

He looks cross eyed there Av...

And it looks like you can fit a cigarette in his mouth?

Doesn't Leo know that's bad for him.

Got mine today - awesome PF! Could be one of my favorites now.

Unfortunately mine is going back for a replacement though (busted arrow on shield and good sized paint scuff on his leg). Bummer, cause both heads are perfect. I'm asking SSC If I can just send the body and shield back..

damn that sucks bro. It's annoying when the main parts are perfect but something stupid is wrong with another part of the piece.

damn that sucks bro. It's annoying when the main parts are perfect but something stupid is wrong with another part of the piece.

Yeah, totally sucks - but what can ya do?

I've actually had a good run of statues from SSC without issues lately, so I guess my number was bound to come up :lol

Unfortunately mine is going back for a replacement though (busted arrow on shield and good sized paint scuff on his leg). Bummer, cause both heads are perfect. I'm asking SSC If I can just send the body and shield back..

Mine has 2 white spots on his right thigh at the front where the paint app went bad too, it didnt really bother me at first, but now it really is bugging me and i think he'll be going back for a replacement, i want to do the same thing though and ask if they can replace the body only as im real happy with both heads and dont want to risk getting a replacement with bad paint apps on the heads... :sick

WOW! That thing is actually very nice! I'd have to agree that helmet head is definitely the one to have. Can't get over how well he came out!

Hope it works out for you. Sideshow usually replaces the imperfect part and keeps the good parts for you, but you usually have to send the whole thing back.

So I gotta say, I love this one!!! Thanks for all the pics guys!!! They look great!

I'm just so torn..... I want to display mine on my desk but I'm just really skeptical about leaving it in my student apartment :eek:

i hope that leonidas captures europe in a few days!!! i will have him.

i also ordered the exclusive one. without the helmet he doesnt look good

Back