Action Figure King Arts - Avengers AoU - Hulkbuster (Diecast 1/9 Scale)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah posing, but more of an extended session of posing :lol

Edit: You mean the Bandai figure? Shouldn't even be called a diecast figure. It's like 5% diecast or something :lol

Agreed. I believe this will fall anywhere between $575 to $650. And at that point, you might as well spend the extra $250 and get the Hot Toys version. Just my opinion though. Interested to see how much this is.

Looks like it was on the high end of what I was expecting. Such a shame. Glad to be sticking with the HT HulkBuster.

Yeah posing, but more of an extended session of posing :lol

Edit: You mean the Bandai figure? Shouldn't even be called a diecast figure. It's like 5% diecast or something :lol

While Bandai highlighted some of the exterior metal parts, there could be more internal metal for joints and internal structure. Bandai's is still too much money, but I have confidence it will be a good toy and the figuarts should be plenty heavy enough. KA has questionable quality at this point and at $650 I'm out. I'm also not sure I would want magnets holding up heavy metal parts.

Sorry dude. I tried to understand that, & think I kinda got some of it, but confused on the other stuff :lol I get the part about the Tony Stark's shins breaking, but don't really understand the "twice the MkXLIII width side to side" part. No need to explain it further to me though. I'm not the smartest guy, so it might go over my head :lol

From what I think I understand, it seems to me like you're saying the Hulkbuster with the MkXLIII inside, is a flawed concept overall, & not specific to the KA figure? I thought when you said the KA was off scale, that you meant off scale to the movie version. Like the MXLIII was smaller in scale in the movie or something. KA, HT, & Concept, all seem proportionately similar to me in the pics below.

10492990_1019398358092829_8881508849381154720_o.jpg

attachment.php

attachment.php

Looking at the direct comparison, the HT really does have those nice little extra details. I think I read getting the finer details in the sculpt might be more of a problem for diecast. I guess that's what turns some peeps off. Plus maybe easier to paint chip & things like that. But those don't really deter me from wanting it.

I really think if it was 1/6 vs 1/6, it would have been way more interesting to compare the 2. Plus, I think KA could have kept it in a similar price as the HT, & still be diecast.

Part of what I was saying was yes, the way the suit was designed, just the same way the regular mk3 and nearly every iron man suit is designed, by marvel for the films...would not work anatomically in the real world. That is why hot toys has just a bust and not a full figure. They could have easily done a peel away/peek option like they have now for a full figure sculpted in (not removable) and charged a bit more, but the problem is it doesn't work or look right. So they went the more realistic (and cheaper) way and leave it to the imagination.

And I am also saying the KA version is not scaled correct to the movie suit. Becuase to have a fully removable 43 they had to change it or make the 43 with triple jointed legs so they don't snap. KA is off becuase the real thing wouldn't work. It would be like having a RDJ figure that actually "suited" up in a real mk3. They would have to actually change the design and scale of the suit to make that figure becuase the suits are not designed to be real world objects but movie props in CG.

As for my description of the torso and the size. Lol yea not the best worded. Let's try this. The Hb should be wide enough to fit two full mark 43 in it side by side in the torso (not the legs of the HB suit, just how wide the torso is). Think of it like a mcclearen f1. Instead of two front seats it has one center drive seat with the extra space of the second seat split up half and half on the two sides. In the photo the two boxes areas of the torso equal 1/2 of a mk43. That better? Lol

And what I meant about the legs...if they made it true to the screen this pose would not work. See where i circled the lower legs of mk43. Human legs no bend that way. Lol

image.jpg
image.jpg

Which brings me to how much of this is actually diecast? That is the main draw for me, that even tickles my attention away from the HT Hulkbuster. I don't want no lame 30% diecast nonsense. At the low end, I'd want at least around 70%. I might go banana's if it's 100% diecast :lol

30℅ close to what HT puts in their "diecast" figures and the Kool Aid drinkers proudly proclaim their love for and buy.

30℅ close to what HT puts in their "diecast" figures and the Kool Aid drinkers proudly proclaim their love for and buy.

The hilarious part about this is most of the people talking about diecast's importance are the people considering buying this KING ARTS figure. Not the ones who are the "HT Kool Aid" drinkers as you like to call them.

The hilarious part about this is most of the people talking about diecast's importance are the people considering buying this KING ARTS figure. Not the ones who are the "HT Kool Aid" drinkers as you like to call them.

My point is many people have no problem with HT's mostly plastic "diecast" figures so they would snap up this with no problem even if its only 30% diecast.

So King Arts was Play Imaginitive?? Don't get excited yet folks- may be another dream...

So King Arts was Play Imaginitive?? Don't get excited yet folks- may be another dream...

Not sure where you got that from. But no. King arts started out doing mostly 1/1 prop replicas. They have a pretty good proto to production history.

You're thinking of Comicave. King Arts has nothing to do with PI that I've read, and as mentioned above they've produced a bunch of product that has a pretty good rep atm.

Unless you wanted to lube them ha ... I'll let Motuxmen explain when he's around. He's very knowledgable and thorough.

I have a diecast Iron Patriot and they are said to be 40% diecast. Don't really see why it would need any more.

Yeah a 100% diecast figure is not a good idea. Metal on metal joints require lubrication of some sort. It's why your car needs oil. And why they use rubber and plastic on cars and airplanes on heavy wear parts that are not enclosed (ball joints, tie rods ect). Metal on metal wears itself out and you get metal dust. Look to your rims on your car to see what happens..brakes are often a metal composite material and you see how nasty that gets.

You can't die metal well either. Look at the ball joints on your iron man arms. Plastic that's red so it doesn't stand out and look odd. Metal would need paint, which would flake off after like two arm movements.

I wouldn't expect nor want 100% diecast.

And 30% DC is a pretty good balance. The only purpose or benefit of DC over plastic is weight. In every other aspect plastic will perform better. 30% is plenty enough to achieve that. Anything over 50% and your just adding shipping costs for no reason. Most high tech metal applications use very light metals to keep weight down. So on a scale figure using more the 50% of a heavy metal like pot metal (white metal it's sometimes called) which is what DC usually is, is not realistic and a waste of money.

totally agree with u on the explanation.

dont know if its been answered here before, but i gotta ask.

why did HT venture into the diecast method in the 1st place?

While Bandai highlighted some of the exterior metal parts, there could be more internal metal for joints and internal structure.
Could be. It looks nice, but I feel the ratio of money spent, to figure coolness, isn't satisfactory to me. I think the way I feel about the SHF is how some might feel about the KA.
As for my description of the torso and the size. Lol yea not the best worded. Let's try this. The Hb should be wide enough to fit two full mark 43 in it side by side in the torso (not the legs of the HB suit, just how wide the torso is). Think of it like a mcclearen f1. Instead of two front seats it has one center drive seat with the extra space of the second seat split up half and half on the two sides. In the photo the two boxes areas of the torso equal 1/2 of a mk43. That better?
I understand that better. Cheers.
Yeah a 100% diecast figure is not a good idea .....
Educational. Okay, maybe not 100% (it's not anyway), but I disagree about it being a waste if over 50%. I think at least 70% would still be cool.
why did HT venture into the diecast method in the 1st place?
Theory. Play Imaginative.

Back