Kinect Games to Cost $60

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Along with no games being included with the $150 Kinect package, the Kinect games, like Kinect Sports, will cost the same as a regular Xbox 360 game--$60

Now, I do like my Xbox, and I like the games, even over the other consoles. But Kinect is expensive, and $60 for a crappy sports game is ridiculous. I would pay at the most $30. And even to not include a game with the hardware is just retarded.

Now it could come up later that the price isn't what the retailers are reporting, but I doubt that Microsoft would let this type of negative speculation happen if they were planning to release it at a lower price.

And again, all the games suck. I remember watching the E3 conference and saying how no gamers actually care about a crappy dancing game, yet sadly it's the best out of all the games that are coming.

So I would say at this point---screw you Microsoft, take that ____ somewhere else

Yeah, I agree the pricing is a bit high, but having the Kinect games at $60 puts across the message that these games are of the same quality as any standard $60 game. That could work in favor for Microsoft if the games turn out to be good.

I'm sure a lot of places with have Kinect bundles WITH a game for a bit more. Walmart already has a promo featuring a Kinect bundle with one game of your choice and a $30 gift card. It's price is $200.

At this point, I think in order to fully judge Microsoft's pricing strategy with Kinect we have to wait until Sony presents the pricing on their MOVE games, because at this point, buying a new 360 and Kinect costs the same as buying a PS3 and a few MOVE controllers.

It's also worth mentioning that Wii games are priced at $50.

So far, none of the games for they've announced for Kinect are worth $60, IMO.

They are going to have a hard time swaying the casual gamers if it'll cost over $200 (w/ game) plus the cost of an Xbox (or whatever the Xbox Kinect bundle will cost) compared to the Wii, which has everything included for $200.

Yeah, I agree the pricing is a bit high, but having the Kinect games at $60 puts across the message that these games are of the same quality as any standard $60 game. That could work in favor for Microsoft if the games turn out to be good.

I'm sure a lot of places with have Kinect bundles WITH a game for a bit more. Walmart already has a promo featuring a Kinect bundle with one game of your choice and a $30 gift card. It's price is $200.

At this point, I think in order to fully judge Microsoft's pricing strategy with Kinect we have to wait until Sony presents the pricing on their MOVE games, because at this point, buying a new 360 and Kinect costs the same as buying a PS3 and a few MOVE controllers.

Wii Sports isn't $50 though, and never was. The good games for Wii that are $50 are fully worth the money. But all of the games coming for Kinect are crap, and if they actually do charge $60 for them, it's not going to convince anyone they're worth that much.

Really at this point, I'm planning to skip Kinect and get the Nintendo 3DS.

Fair enough, but remember Wii Sports was only free in the U.S. -- but that's not really important.

I don't have a problem with Kinect games being priced at the standard $60, though I will agree the first wave of games doesn't make a very good impression, let alone an enticing reason for purchase. Hopefully further down the line the quality of the games will match the price. That being said, you probably won't be seeing me shell out cash for any of this stuff one day one, or until something worthwhile shows up.

That's the problem with first impressions. A lot of folks don't have an eye on the future and are quick to dismiss something quckly and vehemently. Maybe Microsoft shouldn't have dawdled so long and let speculation run wild.

does it operates on motion detection cameras or motion sensitive controllers?

I've owned both the Wii and the PS2 Eyetoy and its night and day. I trust the operation of the Wii and how it reacts to movement.

Eyetoy camera concept is utterly retarded and doesn't even work very well depending on the lighting of a room or the distance of the camera, etc.

I just meant that you move around to play the game and the games are pretty lackluster in appearance. It could end up being a cool concept, but I'm not seeing it so far.

the concept of moving around to operate a game is a cool concept, but using cameras has already failed as an idea. no one over 5 years old cares to see themselves playing hackysack or popping bubbles on a tv screen.

Waving a wii controller around is a lot different than waving your hand or foot around in the mirror, IMO.

Holding onto the Wii control gives the user a sense that they have a tool or instrument in their hand.

The Eyetoy is like looking at yourself in the mirror doing stupid stuff.

I've owned both the Wii and the PS2 Eyetoy and its night and day. I trust the operation of the Wii and how it reacts to movement.

Eyetoy camera concept is utterly retarded and doesn't even work very well depending on the lighting of a room or the distance of the camera, etc.

Actually, this has an infrared camera, I think they said it works in the dark.

The technology isn't bad, although I think the delay might be too much. But there aren't any games doing anything interesting with it.

Plus you can't walk around, that's an issue.

So far, none of the games for they've announced for Kinect are worth $60, IMO.

They are going to have a hard time swaying the casual gamers if it'll cost over $200 (w/ game) plus the cost of an Xbox (or whatever the Xbox Kinect bundle will cost) compared to the Wii, which has everything included for $200.

:exactly::goodpost: The only way I'll get a Kinnect in my house is if someone gave it to me. I have bought and sold 2 Wii's and just don't have the desire for this type of gaming experience. I'm not saying it's useless, but just nothing that caters to what I'm going to need.

Move Games are 40 bucks, with the exception obviously of games that just support move. So if MS is set on 60 for the games and 150 for Kinect I don't think it will be long before it flops.

Back