Kaustic Plastik / Infinite Statue - 1/6 Hammer Horror of Dracula

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After hearing what happened with BCS, I’m hesitant to pre-pay for anything not from someone like Sideshow that would be recoverable. It’s a rough market out there for the smaller companies.
Yes. I learned my lesson. I would much rather lose $30 than $300.

Got a waitlist conversion at SS today for the exclusive set and went ahead and placed an order. I've been on the fence with this one since it was announced as I'm not *totally* sold on KP's quality. Been watching a lot of DeanKnight's reviews and to be honest I haven't been blown away by anything they've put out yet. For example, besides the obvious blob-hair, I didn't really think the tailoring on Bela Lugosi was great, seemed kinda baggy with pants that were a bit too long. Getting the same vibe from this Van Helsing. But I definitely want to get this set in and see for myself. BTW I was able to do a 3-month payment plan if that's any indication when SS expects to get their stock in.

Another update from KP's Instagram:

20240321_102807.jpg

btw just saw two more movies with an actor you may know
Theater Of Blood
Scream And Scream Again
Vincent, naturally. You know, it's really strange when you can say you grew up with a person being in your consciousness constantly. Vinney did this for me. When I was finally able to write to him the last few years of his life, and get some treasures signed: it was surreal. I have all of his good movies, and a few of his not so good ones too. I hope they do a figure of him similar to how NECA is doing.

Vincent, naturally. You know, it's really strange when you can say you grew up with a person being in your consciousness constantly. Vinney did this for me. When I was finally able to write to him the last few years of his life, and get some treasures signed: it was surreal. I have all of his good movies, and a few of his not so good ones too. I hope they do a figure of him similar to how NECA is doing.
Whats you favourite performance/character played by Vincent Price?
Mines a tie between Matthew Hopkins The Witchfinder-General [genuinely malevolent and frightening villain] or Rattigan from The Great Mouse Detective [pure nostalgia bait and so hammy i love it]

Whats you favourite performance/character played by Vincent Price?
Mines a tie between Matthew Hopkins The Witchfinder-General [genuinely malevolent and frightening villain] or Rattigan from The Great Mouse Detective [pure nostalgia bait and so hammy i love it]
I can't watch him in Witchfinder. Seriously. The entire film has me wanting to beat him to death with my bare hands. It's the only film of his where I hate him. So its a testament to his acting, and Reeves's direction.

My favorite Price performances: Pit and the Pendulm, Theatre of Blood, House of Usher, House of Wax, House on Haunted Hill, Dragonwyck (not horror per se, but pathos galore, and very gothic), Tomb of Ligeia (a remarkably subdued Price in this one for some reason), Haunted Palace, The Web (under rated noir, not Horror), Diary of a Madman (panned by many, loved by me), Masque of the Red Death, and the guilty pleasures of Twice Told Tales, Tales of Terror, Madhouse and House of the Long Shadows. House of the Long Shadows has the distinction of having Price, Cushing, lee and Carradine in the same film, and in the same scenes, interacting with each other. Something that hadn't been pulled off in the silver age up to that point. The Golden Age of course being Abbott and Costello meet Frankenstein (sans Karloff), or perhaps House of Frankenstein (sans Lugosi).

I loved Vinney. I would even watch commercials he was in, just because I figured that if he were doing his part to stay in the public eye, then my eyes should pay attention.

Lee,Cushing and Price sadly just one movie where they are all 3 together at the same time
movie I was referencing before was Tower of London
I had forgotten the name

I am not going to pre order and pre pay for stuff in the future. Too many things can go wrong in real life in the 9-18 months it takes for some of these companies to deliver. If anyone sees a video review for ToTS Curse of Frankenstein, lemme know.

Back