Kato 1/6 Heath Ledger Joker Outfit - Purple Coats Delivery Started

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: *UPDATED* Kato 1/6 Joker Outfit - Pants Pre-Order now Up!

Oh, ok. I will send the money for the balance of the pants later today, anyway. Thanks!

No, it will be a bit delay if you want both item to be shipped together.:wave

I just want to make sure that all the payment are settled when they all finished!

Umair pls kindly remind Elvis to settle the balance as I hv already kept his vest for over a month!

Kato - he has sent me the balance 2 days ago actually, so I am ready to send it to you so you can ship his vest :)

I will get the full pants payment for you tonight:)

Thanks Tim! List updated and PMs sent to those yet to pay balance on the shirt and yet to pay preorder on the pants

IMG_0039.jpg

Hi all,

I just receive the fabric and immediate report to all of you.

I am using my new Canon 60D camera to take this picture so that the color should reflect the actual farbic color :

1. the fabric is too stiff and feel like a pc of paper
2. The fabric texture is not fine enough
3. this fabric is a little bit blue and red tone as you wish and my selection is a little bit green tone

Now my personal opinion is :

1. Since all of you have paid for this fabric. I am ok to use it for yr blazer.

2. I will use my personal selected fabric for my own collection as well.

3. To be more fair, I will use this fabric for making prototype and then the revised version by using my own selected fabric. You guy may make yr final decision : whether you prefer color oriented or overall qlty oriented

Evemn though it will add my cost again this time but I am ok for all of you:wave

Personally, (not sure about everyone else) but I would much rather a nice solid blue like in the bottom right of that picture, seeing as we cannot get these denim 'greys' right. In the movie it was obviously that kind of bluey grey sheeny polyester, but consider the surface area to pull off that look. With these small scale pieces, it's just not going to look right. The blazer will come out a solid grey just like the incorrect HT item.
In my mind, as all you'll ever see is the edge of the blazer anyway, it has to be a pronouncably blue colour. Even that 2nd last colour in the purple pile looks better, imo.

Would you be able to post one last colour swatch example of all your purple and blue tones Kato?

Last edited:

It's pretty clear that we can all agree the genuine piece was actually grey, but to my eye, it rarely looked that way in the movie, and this is what we were basing things off.
Vibrant purple coat
Vibrant green vest
needs, vibrant blueish blazer.

blazeref.jpg

Visually, it nearly matches the blue shirt in colour, and that is nowhere near a solid grey.
Seeing as the awesome purple that Kato has gone with for the main coat, I even think a more subdued purpleish tone can give the right blue effect, like one of these first two (or possible another shade, hence my swatch pic request.)

CIMG2527.jpg

3688436962_5626893cc1.jpg

Obviously, whatever the majority of you guys agree upon, I'll go with, but I just thought I'd vent my inner thinkings :)
And same deal on your front Kato - whatever you decide choose, I will go with.

IMG_0039.jpg

Hi all,

I am using my new Canon 60D camera to take this picture so that the color should reflect the actual farbic color :

3. this fabric is a little bit blue and red tone as you wish and my selection is a little bit green tone

3. To be more fair, I will use this fabric for making prototype and then the revised version by using my own selected fabric. You guy may make yr final decision : whether you prefer color oriented or overall qlty oriented

Evemn though it will add my cost again this time but I am ok for all of you:wave

I didn't want to say but I had a feeling the fabric wouldn't be as good quality as Kato's original chose! Now were gonna have to pay for it with a higher cost blazer!:gah:
@Kato: From here on out I'm happy with what you decide and I would rather choose quality over color! Put me down for your chose man!

Last edited:

I didn't want to say but I had a feeling the fabric wouldn't be as good quality as Kato's original chose! Now were gonna have to pay for it with a higher cost blazer!:gah:
@Kato: From here on out I'm happy with what you decide and I would rather choose quality over color! Put me down for your chose man!

You don't need to make decision now, just let's see the difference after the blazer sample has done.:1-1:

Testing picture for my new camera ( I am a newbie and handicapped in photo shooting LOL ....)

IMG_0018.jpg

kato: I'd rather take the fabric YOU chose since the beginning. As ShortRound said, I'd rather have quality fabric over color accuracy. Well, at least we tried.

Personally, (not sure about everyone else) but I would much rather a nice solid blue like in the bottom right of that picture, seeing as we cannot get these denim 'greys' right. In the movie it was obviously that kind of bluey grey sheeny polyester, but consider the surface area to pull off that look. With these small scale pieces, it's just not going to look right. The blazer will come out a solid grey just like the incorrect HT item.
In my mind, as all you'll ever see is the edge of the blazer anyway, it has to be a pronouncably blue colour. Even that 2nd last colour in the purple pile looks better, imo.

Would you be able to post one last colour swatch example of all your purple and blue tones Kato?

I agree with everything you said. Actually the blue swatch in the bottom right corner of the picture would be perfect if it were a hair darker

IMG_0039.jpg

Hi all,

Thanks Kato for the update!

Given what you say that the fabric is stiff and the material is not fine enough, my feeling is that your original fabric will probably be the best option.

But if you don't mind, I think it will be good if you can make a prototype with each of them so we can all vote on the final and come to a decision. The only reason i'd like to see a prototype with this cloth as well is because it does have the hint of blue.

If others are ok to go with your material however, I am fine with that and we can go straight to your material without any prototype with this STARK material - yeah it will be a waste but will only be an extra $3 per person at the end..

And WOW that new picture with the other figures looks stunning! Congrats on the new camera :D

Back