JVD's Customs Thread (Original 1/6 sculpts, Re-paints, & Costume Design)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't feel bad, your stuff looks great. It's just that if you're not one of the top level pro artists, you're not going to get much of a response here.

I really like your Nicholson Joker and both Dr. Jones, especially the second one. :)
Your Ledger Joker looks like it was painted by a different painter though, very sloppy IMO. Not feeling that one at all. :eek:

I really like your Nicholson Joker and both Dr. Jones, especially the second one. :)
Your Ledger Joker looks like it was painted by a different painter though, very sloppy IMO. Not feeling that one at all. :eek:

Haha, thanks, agon! The second Indiana is my favorite as well:hi5:

Oh, and I figured I'd make the Ledger Joker sloppy looking because he looks sort of sloppy looking in the movie :p

...or maybe I just lost my touch, hehe.

Your stuff is cool, I think the black around Jokers eyes is too much, blend it in more so you have a better transition to the white. I'm really digging the Luke and Yoda. Keep them coming brother, I do customs all the time but I don't count on much praise, as long as I'm happy with them is what matters to me.

Your stuff is cool, I think the black around Jokers eyes is too much, blend it in more so you have a better transition to the white. I'm really digging the Luke and Yoda. Keep them coming brother, I do customs all the time but I don't count on much praise, as long as I'm happy with them is what matters to me.

Yeah, there seems to be a general consensus about the Heath Joker sculpt. I will try to fix up the black areas around the eyes. Thanks for the compliments, Steve!

Major updates coming soon. Re-painted Joker again (See Page 1).

I'm still on page one and I only see one Ledger, but, as was said, I'm not feeling it either. Your Indy's show what you can do, but Ledger looks like I painted it. No offense. Mouth paint looks off to me too.

Indy is great! Really like it and will be happy, if this will be paint from box figure....but Joker....sorry, but paint is like from 3 3/4" figure, not 12"...missing here details and more shades of white or skin...

I agree the heath joker needs some work.the first thing I noticed was the neck.that should not have the white on it.try using brown on the eyes.I start with a brown and use a dark grey to accent the eybrows and some of the lines.the other stuff looks good though.digging that jack joker.

I agree the heath joker needs some work.the first thing I noticed was the neck.that should not have the white on it.try using brown on the eyes.I start with a brown and use a dark grey to accent the eybrows and some of the lines.the other stuff looks good though.digging that jack joker.

Thanks Steven, I'll heed your advice, and get right on it.

You have some awesome Ledger sculpts yourself. Maybe if I painted one of yours, it would come out differently! :pray:

Back