JUSTICE LEAGUE movie

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, Michael Clark Duncan did a good job as Kingpin. Not really sure who else I would have casted as him back then though. I still like the idea of Bryan Cranston as Luthor though.

I don't get why Hollywood thinks they need to change long established character's races to 'appeal' to more audiences. People know who these characters are and are fans of them already. They don't need to be of the same ethnicity as them to like them. Everyone in Avengers is white and that movie made how much money worldwide? Yeah, nobody wants to see a bunch of white characters in a movie :rolleyes:

Well, Michael Clark Duncan did a good job as Kingpin. Not really sure who else I would have casted as him back then though. I still like the idea of Bryan Cranston as Luthor though.

I don't get why Hollywood thinks they need to change long established character's races to 'appeal' to more audiences. People know who these characters are and are fans of them already. They don't need to be of the same ethnicity as them to like them. Everyone in Avengers is white and that movie made how much money worldwide? Yeah, nobody wants to see a bunch of white characters in a movie :rolleyes:

naacplogo.jpg

I don't get why Hollywood thinks they need to change long established character's races to 'appeal' to more audiences. People know who these characters are and are fans of them already. They don't need to be of the same ethnicity as them to like them.

You know, when I think of Lex Luthor I think of him as a black man. Mostly because that's how they always portray him in the cartoons. I don't read DC comics, so I always thought that was cannon.

Lex_luthor.jpg

supedoom7.jpg

I have no problems casting actors of different races, there's very few roles for minorities and few that'll ever end up in movies.

However it should be wide open, not simply searching for an actor of one certain colour to fit the role.

Have any/all races apply and choose the best actor for the role. Don't restrict it to just african-americans in this case.

Last edited:
My guess is they want to appeal to a broader demographic, and think this will help them. I don't think skin color matters for Lex--it isn't like any of his characteristics or experiences were race-specific--so no harm done if it makes them feel better, assuming he still behaves in the way Luthor should behave, as Nam points out.

You know, when I think of Lex Luthor I think of him as a black man. Mostly because that's how they always portray him in the cartoons.
You think those cartoon Luthors are black?

I don't have a problem with changing the race of a character as long as it isn't making the main hero like Superman a Asian or Captain America a black dude.

MDC as Kingpin worked great.

I wouldn't mind Washington as Luthor, but he seems to play himself in most of his movies this past decade.

I have no problems casting actors of different races, there's very few roles for minorities and few that'll ever end up in movies.

However it should be wide open, not simply searching for an actor of one certain colour to fit the role.

Have any/all races apply and choose the best actor for the role. Don't restrict it to just african-americans in this case.

I agree :goodpost:

They ought to say **** it and ask some sort of physicist to figure out a way to go back to 1970-something, bring Telly Savalas back to the future, and have him play Luthor.:lol :lecture

Back