JUSTICE LEAGUE movie

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know. Just the opening to the DC Universe game would make for an insane movie. I guess none of that talent is available for the most important medium (other than monthly issues).

on the topic of the DC Universe intro, would you guys ever consider a big budget CG film of that calibur? Possibly use motion capture/performance and have a digital Justice league movie? They can still ensomble a high valued cast and create the league but in a digital format? Think it would work?

Only asking because i really like that game intro but the cinematics would take so long and be expensive, i dont think they have the budget for a feature length version of that on the DC Animated Film budget but imagine if it was a summer theatrical release!? Like a TINTIN/Beowolf thing.

source: Badass Digest

JUSTICE LEAGUE May Be Looking For New Writers
Rumor: Has the Will Beall script been tossed? Sources say yes.
Published February 07, 2013 by Devin Faraci

There's one thing I believe with certainty: Warner Bros has no idea how to approach the Justice League movie.

I've now heard from multiple sources that the Will Beall script for Justice League has been scrapped. The story from each source is the same: it's terrible. Some sources seem to think the whole movie is going to fall apart and never happen, while some believe that Warner Bros will keep moving forward, unwilling to lose the superhero arms race.

Beall's script supposedly includes Darkseid and a heavy cosmic threat. But the script has been half-baked from the beginning, with reports saying that heroes (beyond the core five of Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, The Flash and Green Lantern) have been cut and added from the proceedings seemingly at studio executive will. The latest word was that Warner Bros, experiencing real cold feet, had decided to wait until The Man of Steel to really move forward, but it's possible that moving forward now will mean a whole new script.

Meanwhile the studio has been unable to get the interest of a quality director, reportedly because of the script. Without a script and without a director, Justice League seems unlikely to meet a 2015 release. The question is will it ever be released at all?

dg8XBjH.jpg

When there is the potential to make umpteen millions of dollars, you'd figure they could afford to hire a decent screen writer who understands the material and the audience. But I guess not.

Yep. Also, keep folks who DON'T understand the source material, like Nolan, as far away as possible. Am I right? :hi5:

Actually, if MoS turns out the way I think it will, perhaps that might be the best route. To be honest, I feel that the Nolans do have a good grasp on the source material, even though they didn't integrate it verbatim. Regardless of what your opinions on where their story went are, these guys have arguably brought more major storylines to film than anyone else. The TDK trilogy managed to incorporate elements and major plot points from Year One, The Long Halloween, Knightfall, and The Dark Knight Returns.

I find that it actually takes more understanding of the source material to do that [incorporate important themes and storylines into original works] than to adapt something verbatim like Watchmen, or come up with something generic like The Avengers (I thoroughly enjoyed it, but, really, it was a run-of-the-mill alien invasion movie with superheroes, and just the right amount of fan service to keep the die hards happy.

I was just ribbing Void, but in truth, I believe that the creator(s?) of Avengers had a much better understanding of the source material than did Nolan. Nolan gave lip service to stuff like Year One, but the characters were all over the place. Most of the guys in Avengers felt like their comic counterparts. Some notable exceptions like Hawkeye and Fury.

I really do like the Nolan Bat-Movies btw, and don't think that understanding the source material is important for making a good film, but if you want to connect with the comic it is, of course, key. I would much prefer to see someone tackle JLA who understands the JLA, DC's golden, silver, bronze, and modern ages, Crisis on Infinite Earths, the JSA cross-overs, the satellite, JLA: Detroit, JLI, the Teen Titans, the whole shebang.

Well, one thing that I think the Nolan's should keep mind of, though, if they were to help bring about the Justice League, is that this isn't just their movie. I think that Begins had a good grasp on comic Batman, and I've said before that I thought, when walking out of the theater, that the rest of the entries would've been completely different than what we got.

I think that, at some point along the way, probably when they were coming up with TDK, they just decided that they wanted to focus on telling their own story and putting their own "stamp" on it. I believe that they do have a good understanding of this stuff, and I stand by my belief that they are perfectly capable of pulling off something closer to the books. That being said, I think that we'll get a better understanding of what can be brought to the table from Nolan/Goyer and co. come June 14th.

Rumor is that they canceled this again as they hated the script and they are looking for a new writer. Hopefully that's not true but if they can't get Justice League right I'd rather not have it.

Yep. Also, keep folks who DON'T understand the source material, like Nolan, as far away as possible. Am I right? :hi5:

If you're implying Nolan doesn't understand the Batman source material, then i'm afraid you're dead wrong. :lol

But I don't think Nolan is right for a Justice League movie in any event.

Debatable considering everyone has a different view of Batman.

Plus it's mostly Goyer's work and Nolan #2's anyway. If people didn't understand "da source", it's them two, not Nolan #1.

Back