Just purchased a new PS3....

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry to be a pain and bump this thread but does anyone that owns a PS3 have an answer to my controller dilemma? I want to play now but am worried about ruining the battery life on my PS3 :eek:

Sorry to be a pain and bump this thread but does anyone that owns a PS3 have an answer to my controller dilemma? I want to play now but am worried about ruining the battery life on my PS3 :eek:

Plug it into the usb port on front of the PS3 and let it charge while you enjoy your new system.

I simply plugged it in and used it wired until charged. No problem as yet. As far as I know, the controller will recharge approx 10,000 times before you'll need to replace it. Wired, it'll work until it breaks, usually against a wall...

dude if you got a receipt you have full warranty on it. Play it try it out if anything is wrong you can take it back for a refund or send it in an sony usually will swap it out for a new or refurbished factory mint replacement. The key is the receipt!!!!!! trust me sony has the same guidelines world wide plus the PS3 should be wrapped inside box. I highly doubt anyone has used it...to do so they would have to create a user file inside the main page where they log in, when it powers up you have to sign in and such as long as you are a new user your good! stop panacking cause you remind me of well....ME LOL all the best and happy holidays mate

Cheers

spekerol

I havent even looked at the online stuff yet - only started playing yesterday. We have an HD TV but i assumed we would get an HDMI cable with the system. Unfortunately that wasnt the case so need one pronto

I played SD vs Raw (ive a big WWE fan since childhood) - unfortunately its been a bit of a let down :(

Ive got GTA 4 but havent even looked at that yet. Also have FIFA 09 (i hate football! so wont touch it), and little big planet (looks like a kids game, but had some great reviews)

I work full time (as im sure most others do) and am planning on setting up my own business - with so little time, i dont know how im going to get the time to even play let alone join the online community :duh

You have to pick up Drake's Fortune - best game for the PS3 in my opinion. Awesome graphics, great story, lots of action......really sets the standard for what games should be like.

Hi

I've just Googled "ps3 seal broken" and found this thread. Mine arrived on Saturday, after staying in all day Friday waiting for it (it was supposed to be 24 hour delivery from an online store - the online store dispatched very promptly but the delivery company let me down). I opened the outer / delivery box, which appeared to be sealed and not tampered with, to find that the inner box (the actual PS3 box) had a broken seal. I carefully checked out the controller through the bag to find a fingerprint on it!

I'm loathe to return it but I'm not convinced that the online shop will have the good grace to offer me any form of compensation. So far all they've said is that they don't know how the fingerprint would have got there, unless it was in the manufacturing process. Surely the box would still be sealed though? Admittedly the rest of the console looks untouched / brand new.

It was a good price for a brand new PS3 (under £260 delivered), but I wouldn't have paid that much for a second hand one.

There was no documentation / receipt from the online shop, so I've also queried that (I'm not sure how / if the warranty works without it?!)

Since I'm still in communication with the online shop, I've never used them before and I've subsequently read less than flattering things about them, I'll refrain from mentioning their name at this point. If their customer service is anything like Currys (where the thread starter bought his) then I should be OK. My 360 was scratching my GoW disc and I made the mistake of contacting Microsoft, who insisted that it was my fault - whereas when I contacted Currys, they simply swapped it out for a brand new 360 with a brand new receipt / 1 year warranty!

Hi Mulvaney,

The fingerprint thing is very odd. I was really peeved that the inner seal had been broken but Currys were very good in swapping it over.

Im always wary of the less well known online shops (unless they also exist on the high street) as there is a chance you may not get what you paid for. Hopefully your situation will work out for you. Let me know how it turns out - hopefully you will get a new system

Back