Just purchased a new PS3....

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Degeneration-X

Freakzoid
Reaction score
Hi i just purchased a new 160gb PS3 from Currys (in the UK) with 3 games

When i got it home i found that the seal to get to the PS3 had been broken. I just wanted to know if any other PS3 owners can remember back to when they got theirs, and whether theirs had the seal broken.

Im tempted to take it back and get it refunded but they said it was their last one and im going to be kinda screwed in obtaining a new one.

Am i being to fussy? I just want something that no-one else has owned and perhaps returned :banghead

Hi i just purchased a new 160gb PS3 from Currys (in the UK) with 3 games

When i got it home i found that the seal to get to the PS3 had been broken. I just wanted to know if any other PS3 owners can remember back to when they got theirs, and whether theirs had the seal broken.

Im tempted to take it back and get it refunded but they said it was their last one and im going to be kinda screwed in obtaining a new one.

Am i being to fussy? I just want something that no-one else has owned and perhaps returned :banghead

Is the seal cut or has it just broken loose from the box?

That sucks!! Will the store you bought it from give you some money back since obviously they sold you a used playstation when it was probably advertised as new?

I would take it back because you paid for a new system and not a used one. It shouldnt be too hard to find another PS3 system.

Ive already spoken to head office and someone in the store, who said to bring it back and that i can have a refund.

I only got it home 2 hours ago so im hoping they wont say I opened it and broke the seal myself

Im not a happy bunny :mad:

take it back. if anything they shouldn't have a problem swapping it out for another system. congrats on the purchase!!!! and remember you can upgrade the hard drive in 10 minutes.

I think im just doomed - whenever i get a new statue, theres something wrong with it - when i get a new console (fortunately thats rare!) the seal is broken

Oh well at least i never give up trying to get what i paid for :naughty - thanks for the advice by the way

It may be difficult to find another 160gb system as they are limited edition. My problem is they are the only store doing the offer with the 3 games :banghead

Its really up to you to keep it or not but how does the system look. Does it have any scratches on it and are the wires still sealed up?

Its really up to you to keep it or not but how does the system look. Does it have any scratches on it and are the wires still sealed up?

I havent removed the console from the box - i only got as far as the seal. They said you can return it if it has been unopened - i just hope they let me have my refund when i get there as it has obviously been opened - if they can swap it over as they lied to me (they told me this was the last one) and give me a completely sealed one, id be happy with that

They also forgot to put the £10.00 voucher in there - that one is my fault for not checking :monkey3 - i just assumed it was in there

I havent removed the console from the box - i only got as far as the seal. They said you can return it if it has been unopened - i just hope they let me have my refund when i get there as it has obviously been opened - if they can swap it over as they lied to me (they told me this was the last one) and give me a completely sealed one, id be happy with that

They also forgot to put the £10.00 voucher in there - that one is my fault for not checking :monkey3 - i just assumed it was in there

If it's like any company, regardless if you opened it or not, they should allow you to return the product anyway (in the US anyway). You might not get a cash refund for the opened product, but you should be able to swap for another PS3. not having the £10.00 voucher isn't your fault, they should have given it to you. I would go to them, say you want to exchange your product for another one; if they don't have it, say that you want them to contact another location to have it either shipped to them or you will go to them for the exchange.

I was just thinking about the blu-ray actually - wasnt sure what my first blu-ray film should be

I havent seen the new Batman movie (yes, i live under a rock!) - will maybe get that to Christen my new player

You have 10 days to return any product with a receipt for a refund in the UK - it's the law! (as long as the goods have not been used/broken of course).

Don't let that OCD stop your fun - take a look. Chances are the box was used for display but the console is brand spanking new. If the cables are still in their bags all neatly tied and the console's in that anti-static stuff, it's new. You can NEVER get those anti-static things off without tearing them, let alone put it back on...

...go get The Dark Knight, some sweet goodies and RELEASE THE PS3!!!!

Firstly thanks to those who offered advice yesterday - I managed to get my PS3 swapped over for a properly sealed one and so im good to go

I wanted to ask those of you that own a Dualshock 3 controller about the first time charge.

Do I:

1. Charge it fully before using it, then let it drain completely
or
2. Start using it right away but then let it drain completely

Ive looked in the manual but cant find anything about it :eek:

Back