Just got out of X3 (No Spoilers)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Let's try and keep this thread spoiler free, a scene was ruined for me by a careless thread title.

Thanks.

SolidLiquidFox said:
I'll check this out tomorrow. Not more than a fun ride for this one.

It's hard to digest some concept that have been given the Hollywood treatment when you know the comic version is much better, but I'll enjoy it for what it is. :monkey3

I couldn't agree more!! Great action but ****ty plot!!:monkey4

occulum said:
now Im totally confused from the reaction of you guys on the boards after reading many reviews.

https://www.aintitcool.com/display.cgi?id=23420

https://www.aintitcool.com/display.cgi?id=23427

guess I definitely need to see it for myself :D

ok, so ive never read anything from this website before, but needless to say i will never visit there or consider anything they say viable. i read both of the reviews and considering their lack of professionalism i have no respect and therefore dont think of them as credible sources for this movie review. the moment they started swearing and literally using the word honey i decided thats all their website was. its one thing to at least show a little respect for the people that put hard work and effort into the movie, but its another thing to just rant on cursing like a bunch of juvenile delinquents.

~~thats my .2 cents sorry for my rant. :maul

Whoa!! What happened to Dusty's reply?? She kinda spoiled one of the characters that died :monkey2 to me :monkey2 But, its cool that someone took it off. Please, no more spoilers!!!!

The wife and I just got out and we both loved it!
Everything fit together very nicely for us. I'm bogged down with comic history and she is not. We both felt like the unfortunate things that happen need to happen to propel the story and give it weight. I think a lot of the naysayers are mourning for their heroes, and that's why they hate the film so much. It fits in so nicely with the first two, and it wraps things up well. If I have a critique, it's that the end feels a bit rushed. I couldn't disagree with Harry Knowles more on this film. The things he hates are precisely the things I loved. But then again, he liked Magnolia, and I thought it was, as Cranky Critic put it, incomprehensable crap.
The body count is high, certainly higher than the first two, but I think it illustrates the true danger of the events.

The X-Men of the films don't live on the galactic scale of the comics. The experience is much more human, individual. I love what was done here. I still don't understand why Brett Ratner is given so little credit. I hold Red Dragon up as a superb bit of movie-making.

If you love the X-Men and comics in general, I think you'll enjoy this one. Just remember that the storylines that have endured are the ones that shake up the status quo, and that no one ever stays dead in comics. How dull would this have been if it was just another Magneto plots and does naughty things film?
Bring on X-Men 4!!!

Customikey said:
The wife and I just got out and we both loved it!
Everything fit together very nicely for us. I'm bogged down with comic history and she is not. We both felt like the unfortunate things that happen need to happen to propel the story and give it weight. I think a lot of the naysayers are mourning for their heroes, and that's why they hate the film so much. It fits in so nicely with the first two, and it wraps things up well. If I have a critique, it's that the end feels a bit rushed. I couldn't disagree with Harry Knowles more on this film. The things he hates are precisely the things I loved. But then again, he liked Magnolia, and I thought it was, as Cranky Critic put it, incomprehensable crap.
The body count is high, certainly higher than the first two, but I think it illustrates the true danger of the events.

The X-Men of the films don't live on the galactic scale of the comics. The experience is much more human, individual. I love what was done here. I still don't understand why Brett Ratner is given so little credit. I hold Red Dragon up as a superb bit of movie-making.

If you love the X-Men and comics in general, I think you'll enjoy this one. Just remember that the storylines that have endured are the ones that shake up the status quo, and that no one ever stays dead in comics. How dull would this have been if it was just another Magneto plots and does naughty things film?
Bring on X-Men 4!!!

DITTO....I REALLY LOVED IT....THIS IS BY FAR A BETTER TRILOGY THAN LETS SAY...HMM THE MATRIX....ALL 3 MOVIES ARE EQUALS TO EACH OTHER WHICH IS GREAT...

student_toe5 said:
Whoa!! What happened to Dusty's reply?? She kinda spoiled one of the characters that died :monkey2 to me :monkey2 But, its cool that someone took it off. Please, no more spoilers!!!!

:confused: My reply is in the *Spoilers Abound* X3 thread. I put it there specifically because there were spoilers in it (and it's still there). I can't help it if you read the *Spoilers Abound* thread :p

SideshowDusty said:
:confused: My reply is in the *Spoilers Abound* X3 thread. I put it there specifically because there were spoilers in it (and it's still there). I can't help it if you read the *Spoilers Abound* thread :p

man. i'm sorry Dusty. I'm a :censored

I saw it last night and really liked it. it focuses on the story more than mindless action. well done!

Vader AL said:
I saw it last night and really liked it. it focuses on the story more than mindless action. well done!
I still think it should have been called Wolvorine and the :censored X-men!

And what story are you talking about??:monkey3

Last edited by a moderator:
ahem..."spoiler free" thread.

the story is what you saw on the screen...did you forget to open your eyes? i enjoyed it. i expected to see non-stop action(which is what has ruined the Bond movies). i enjoyed it and that's that.

Collector Freak said:
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! :rotfl

good stuff, huh?

but seriously i enjoyed it. wasn't ground breaking but it was enjoyable. with so many characters i know it must be tough to fit them all in. worth a see...won't win any awards.

Back