Just 4 more

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd want a Tara in her omwf dress too.A new Willow would be super sweet but not Dark Willow,Maybe Chosen Willow or somthing?

I think Dawn is needed as she was a main character in seasons 5-7 but she would be a little boring to have and wouldnt sell well.

buffy-collector said:
I'd want a Tara in her omwf dress too.A new Willow would be super sweet but not Dark Willow,Maybe Chosen Willow or somthing?

The reason I'd say Dark Witch Willow would be the best choice is that it would have crossover appeal for monster collectors and occult fans as well as general Buffy fans. And as long as the facial likeness is good, the more hardcore fans could easily repaint and customize her into any later-season Willow.

buffy-collector said:
I think Dawn is needed as she was a main character in seasons 5-7 but she would be a little boring to have and wouldnt sell well.

I think that, like Tara, she'd sell well in her OMWF dress--not as well as OMWF Tara, but still well. That silky blue-on-blue number of Dawn's isn't quite as iconic as Tara's corset-dress, but it's up there. DST's OMWF Dawn was sold out at almost all online retailers long before release, which is unusual even for a Buffyverse DST chase figure.

SergeiEsenin said:
The most viable unmade character--even more so than Cordy, IMHO--is Tara. People underestimate the popularity of the Willow-Tara relationship, which was actually the only healthy romantic relationship on the show {not to mention an historic milestone in gay/lesbian portrayal on TV). Additionally, her OMWF dress is iconic not to mention gorgeous, and a Tara in that outfit would be a huge draw for multiple audiences much as the lovely attired Drusilla was. If announced in conjunction with a long-overdue decent Willow figure (Dark Witch Willow, to get the interest of multiple audiences), it would reawaken and rejuvenate interest in the line as well as correct Sideshow's worst mistake (that ugly turn-off line-hurting travesty of a Willow we have now).

As much as we all love Cordy, she just doesn't have the gorgeousness and drawing power that an OMWF Tara would have esp. if announced in conjunction with a decent Dark Witch or other Willow. DST's OMWF Tara and OMWF Willow interlocking busts have been selling briskly and tapping into a beloved dynamic Sideshow has failed to exploit
That renewed level of interest would in turn make Dawn, Anya, etc. viable in future. Lines don't just sustain themselves in a vacuum; interest must be built through a good variety of release choices designed to appeal to different segments of the fanbase. Sideshow has been very uneven in that respect ever since alienating fans and retail partners with the ugly Willow.

Everyone at SSC should read your comment. It's incredible what they have been doing with such an interesting line which offers such a huge variety and possibilities. I can't see a new Willow, a new Faith, a OMWF Tara or a William the Poet selling bad. Even a new Buffy- maybe Buffybot- would be a hit and would help the line recover its spark. I don't buy that "the show is off the air, thus less people are interested" crap, Buffy is a cult show, we all know the reason why fans stopped collecting SSC figures was not the show itself being no longer on air, but the Willow and Faith fiasco, and some doubtful additions to the line. Make the right choices, make up for your mistakes. I think we deserve it.

I would LOVE it if Sideshow made Tara. Any Tara (though I agree that OMWF would probably be extra-popular).

I love what Sideshow has done with the Buffy and Angel licenses, and I hope it continues for a long time. Even if it doesn't release 6-8 figures a year, I can see them at least continuing the line with just fewer releases.

I think even if the line does die down, Sideshow could probably do well releasing various Buffy figures. They pretty much have the SMG likeness down (especially with the PF figure). So if they can just change the hair and clothes, they'd be able to sustain the line with various Buffy figures.

OMWF Tara is essential and I would love it if there was also a OMWF Willow.

I'd really rather have an Anya figure over Anyanka, but I'll take her however I can get her.

Also, the Angel line really needs more representation. Hopefully, Wes, Fred, Illyria, and Gunn will all see the 12" treatment.

I really hope the line continues, as we need better likenesses on Willow and Faith.

Please keep 'em coming Sideshow!

I want figures of this:

reunion.jpg

And this:

buffy507-william.jpg

And this:

AnyaBunny.jpg

And this:

buffybot.jpg

I'm not asking too much am I?

olvidadero said:
Seeing this pic makes me realize just how badly we need a human Darla with a dead-on sculpt in the Angel line. That vampire version from the Buffy line just doesn't do Julie Benz justice.

Back