Jumbo Joe's from Gentle Giant confirmed!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wish they would have just skipped to a selection of '84 and '85 figures. I'll be skipping on any of the originals, and fear the line won't get further than that.

Agreed! Though,I would of started the line with 1983 and mixed in 1982 All Swivel Arms at the Same time consisting of about 7-10 releases per year

I would of led off with Duke followed with Destro

then Snow Job,CC,Gung-ho,Major Bludd (while mixing in Rock N Roll,Flash,Scarlet)

By the time we get to these above,it will be 2016-2017...I know the Starwars releases are frequent,but I am not sure how many releases per year Gentle Giant is going do.I just don't know if the 82 lineup will carry us to 1983,84,85,86 (the best years of this line)

Yup, this line as cool of an idea as it is, is doomed. One is for the strait arm reason, second is the price. I would collect it avidly at a reasonable price, but as it stands I may pass altogether or maybe pick up a couple which is a shame, this line is something that is aimed right at me, I had these figures as a kid, love gijoe, I'm currently a 1/6 collector and want them.

Yep! Rock N Roll is my favorite 82 character but I am not buying him because of the straight Arms (Straight arms holds the guns stupidly)...Sale lost already for the first character

I'm a teeny surprised that Gentle Giant isn't going ahead and making these swivel-arm, but they DID say they'd be faithful to the original figures, just as the have been with their Star Wars Jumbo line.

Perhaps we'll see swivel arm with the Class of '83, if they get that far.

But I wouldn't expect any double dipping on the Original 13. From a sales and marketing standpoint, that's insanity. You have a fan base saying they'd pay $30 (?!?!?!) for these figures, but not 3 times that amount? Why listen to them?

There's no way these things cost $15 or less to produce- no way. GG isn't going to only make a couple of bucks off of these figures. The Star Wars figures aren't nearly as intricate as these Joes will be (bending knees & arms, backpacks, helmets), and yet the price will only be about $10-$15 more. That's a deal in my book.

Swivel-arm will increase the parts count by 2. That's more tooling, more plastic used. Expect another increase of at least $5-$10 if and when they get to the '83 era.

(And I do wish they were doing swivel-arm, I really do. But I'm telling ya, you're not gonna see a swivel-arm RnR, Grunt, Zap, Stalker or SnakeEyes)

(Sent from my iPhone5s using the Tapatalk app)

I really like these figures. I'm going to get them. I am not sure about leaving them carded or opening them. I am also interested in the Giant He-Man and Skeletor figures. I think these would look great next to those.

I think it will be hard to get far simply because there are sub-sets of Joe collectors who are into any given year/phase. Some are only going to be into the original figures, straight or swivel arm. Others (like myself) are only really into the next phase. And various collectors will have favorites from any given year. The better strategy IMO would have been to start with something like this Rock N Roll, but then do something like Firefly or Storm Shadow. Then maybe Grunt. Then Zartan. Then old school Snake Eyes, then Viper, then Dusty, then Cobra Commander, etc. That way you string everyone who might have any interest along, and hold back on some of the more desirable figures from each period (like '85 Snake Eyes, Cobra Trooper, Duke, Scarlett, or whomever) to keep people motivated to stay collecting.

Surprised it wasn't kicked off with Snake Eyes.

Cobra Commander will be sweet.

Straight Mickey variant is prolly a given.

If this line fails, it won't be because of straight arms. Price will be the cause of death. I think we'll see the original 9 figures in straight arm and then we'll see the most popular swivels.

I think these are for sure coming.
Duke
Cobra Commander
Baroness
Destro
Storm Shadow
Snake Eyes V2
Flint

That's 16 figures and almost $1300. They could potentially do another 10+ figures that were very popular so you're over $2k total if you collect them all. That's a lot of money to throw down.

That's why you pick and choose....not buying them all,who really can? Too many lines out there to collect

Surprised it wasn't kicked off with Snake Eyes.

Cobra Commander will be sweet.

Straight Mickey variant is prolly a given.

Surprised they didn't kick it off with Grunt. If I recall he was actually the first figure on the back of the card. Mickey CC will prolly be a SDCC variant.

I really like these figures. I'm going to get them. I am not sure about leaving them carded or opening them. I am also interested in the Giant He-Man and Skeletor figures. I think these would look great next to those.

If they're like the Star Wars ones (and no reason they shouldn't be), you'll be able to open and close the blister card as you wish. They're kinda clamshell style, closed at the top by two "buttons" so to speak.

It's really nice, because it can suit your display purposes anyway you want.

(Sent from my iPhone5s using the Tapatalk app)

very strong rumors have surfaced for the future of G.I. Joe in 2015. G.I. Joe to return in 2015 in the form of G.I. Joe Black Series 6" that will kick off with a Snake Eyes and Timber set via SDCC 2015!

Not sure what 6"ers have to do with the Jumbos.

Besides, that line will prolly be Snake Eyes, Storm Shadow, Cobra Command, Duke and then done.

Thanks Lawless, that sounds great! That way I can take it out the package and mess around with it, and still put it pack in for display purposes. Very cool idea!

If we get 6" Joes I would pick up a handful of my favorite characters, but that would be the extent of it. . .having said that, the same thing would go for the Jumbo Joes.

Not sure what 6"ers have to do with the Jumbos.

Besides, that line will prolly be Snake Eyes, Storm Shadow, Cobra Command, Duke and then done.

because Gentle Giant might be involved with it

because Gentle Giant might be involved with it

Cant afford it, but put it on hold at bbt just in case. Will get 6 black as well if can. But i dont know, between SSC and IDW handling of the francise (oh and the movies) i have lost a lot of love for the Joes

Back