Premium Format Joker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Joker PF (updates first post)

I think Batman will be coming shortly. Reason why is that hey can do various alternative versions of him as the years go on, so better to get started early. Analogy with Marvel is Wolverine. He's got two PFs and one Comiquette, all in roughly 1/4 scale. And I can envision a movie version and brown suit version coming up in the not-too-distant future. Spidey's also had two 1/4 scale statues. Supposedly a WW/Planet Hulk PF is in the works, which would be the 2nd in that scale. Punisher had 2 I believe (not sure if that Ariel figure is 1/4 scale or not. . .). Cap, Bucky Cap, and movie Cap all have 1/4 scale incarnations, etc.

As for spreading the line out beyond Batman/Superman, I don't think they'll have much trouble. DC's roster is as deep and rich as Marvels, and Sideshow still hasn't scratched the surface with major, sold B-level characters in 1/4 scale like most of the X-Men, Hawkeye, 3 of the Fantastic 4, Ant/Giantman, Daredevil, Dr. Strange, Loki, etc. So, I don't think they'll need to resort to Calendar Man any time soon :lol

True, Wolvie also has a LSF coming up soon. :yess:

You also have to take into account the 1:6 line. Sideshow tends to not liking double dipping 1:6 line and PF line choices very close to each other. So unlike Marvel, there is that to consider with PF choices. And you know they have to kick off the 1:6 line with someone big like Batman or Superman.

You also have to take into account the 1:6 line. Sideshow tends to not liking double dipping 1:6 line and PF line choices very close to each other. So unlike Marvel, there is that to consider with PF choices. And you know they have to kick off the 1:6 line with someone big like Batman or Superman.

has sideshow confirmed that she is making 1/6 figures??

Yeah, I was focusing on the 1/4 scalers, but if you move beyond that, ____. Wolvie's got the LSF, 2 busts, X-Force diorama, statue with Kitty vs. Sentinel, statue vs. Sabretooth, and the Weapon X bust thing. Those are the ones I'm familiar with off-hand. And I figure Batman's popularity exceeds even Wolverine, so. . .I expect plenty of Bat-love. And though it's technically already started since the first statue is a Batman villain, I think we'll get actual Batman stuff very quickly. Within the next 3-4 releases, probably, whether it be a diorama, bust, Comiquette, or PF. Or as Buttmunch says--1/6. Don't know if it's gonna follow the same trend, but Sideshow really front-loaded the Joe line with heavy hitters.

I dunno. They do have to spread out the "Big 7" over a few years. Just like any DC toyline, they can't just make the entire Justice League right off the bat and then be stuck just making c and z listers like Killer Moth and Crazy Quilt at that point. So Batman may still be a while out. Sure they could easily get both a black and blue version of him evetunally but I don't think they'd want to focus solely on Batman characters right now. I wouldn't be surprised if the next PF was another non-main character hero. But it wouldn't surprise me either if Batman was next. With the Joker being #1, any sort of predictable order is out the window.

While I see your point I just don't see them waiting more than year to put out Batman to go with the Joker. There are Rumors swirling that the Flash or possibly Poison Ivy will get done soon. I'm assuming one of these will be before Christmas.

Superman will be next !!! Or at least he'll be the first "hero" premium format from this license imo .

Yeah, I was focusing on the 1/4 scalers, but if you move beyond that, ____. Wolvie's got the LSF, 2 busts, X-Force diorama, statue with Kitty vs. Sentinel, statue vs. Sabretooth, and the Weapon X bust thing. Those are the ones I'm familiar with off-hand. And I figure Batman's popularity exceeds even Wolverine, so. . .I expect plenty of Bat-love. And though it's technically already started since the first statue is a Batman villain, I think we'll get actual Batman stuff very quickly. Within the next 3-4 releases, probably, whether it be a diorama, bust, Comiquette, or PF. Or as Buttmunch says--1/6. Don't know if it's gonna follow the same trend, but Sideshow really front-loaded the Joe line with heavy hitters.

Can't wait for Batman LSF! :pray:

I fear the price is gonna be prohibitive to me. And the size! Would love to have some of those, but damn.

Yeah, the price will probably be insane. I'm passing on a lot of stuff I would otherwise get in anticipation tho! :pray:

Im really hoping the reason Batman didn't kick off the pf line is that he'll be kicking off the legendary figure line. Im hoping even more that they dont ____ up the first Batman release with a ____ty ass interpretation of him.

Like what, for example? The Lee-verse Batman? I would be cool with classic Neal Adams/Jim Aparo style, Year One style, contemporary (not Jim Lee) style, or some combination of those things.

Just please no Olivetti style series with DC :(

Like what, for example? The Lee-verse Batman? I would be cool with classic Neal Adams/Jim Aparo style, Year One style, contemporary (not Jim Lee) style, or some combination of those things.

Agreed! :exactly: :goodpost:

70s Neal Adams....Yes

Olivetti................No

Here is the thing. The New 52 will be around long enough that it'll definitely be within the first year of Sideshow's offerings. I have a feeling that we'll see the New 52 designs within the 1:6 and a more classic constructed version within the PF realm. While it's difficult to tell from The Joker, the obvious sign is that it's more inspired by the classic The Killing Joke more than anything else. That's why I think we'll see it done that way.

Not sure why you're so hung up on hating Lee. His Batman is by far the best and most iconic since Adams version. That said, what I mean by a ____ty interpretation would be like what DC did with their PF. It's a sort of mash up of a bunch of different styles and just doesn't look good overall.

Getting into specifics about different artists, if they get into that, I'd like to see Lee, Ross, Kubert, Miller, Mazzuchelli, Kane to name a few off the top of my head. Basically any Batman that has short ears (Ross is the exception) and isn't in royal blue with a yellow oval would be my preference.

Not sure why you're so hung up on hating Lee. His Batman is by far the best and most iconic since Adams version.
If you say so.

justice-league-jim-lee.jpg

:monkey4:monkey4:monkey4

Back