Premium Format Joker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Joker PF (updates first post)

dr-evilcopy.jpg

:lol :lol :clap

why so it can basically be just like the pre NRD era with cancelled orders sitting around the warehouse? :dunno

Yeah exactly ink, that's what happens when you have NRD + TBD ES. It kind of nullifies and cancels out the good effect NRD had on flippers cos now they can just get the NRD back when the edition size is revealed. The flippers will be the ones calling up and getting the deposits back since they know they can't flip it anymore.

because it was not disclosed information which nulls the original agreement :lecture

Then what's the point of requiring NRD on pieces with an undisclosed ES if customers can cancel whenever they want?

(I see what you're saying BTW. I'm just trying to play devil's advocate.)

it's still a lame reason to cancel :huh

Eventually, I think Sideshow should say:

'We're requiring a NRD. The ES hasn't been announced yet. If you don't like it, then risk going on the 'waitlist' in the time it takes for us to announce it.'

Yeah exactly ink, that's what happens when you have NRD + TBD ES. It kind of nullifies and cancels out the good effect NRD had on flippers cos now they can just get the NRD back when the edition size is revealed. The flippers will be the ones calling up and getting the deposits back since they know they can't flip it anymore.
Chicky seemed to indicate that they will allow this in some instances, but won't let folks abuse the NRD refund idea. Not sure this is gonna negate the whole NRD + TBD policy.

There's a lot of joker and DC fans out there, I reckon these EXs will sell.

Edit: chicky said a one off courtesy refund for a good reason. If it was me on the other end of the phone in customer service and some dude rang up going 'I didnt know the edition size' then I'd being saying 'tough ____ dude, why did you PO then?'

Chicky seemed to indicate that they will allow this in some instances, but won't let folks abuse the NRD refund idea. Not sure this is gonna negate the whole NRD + TBD policy.

Well this seems like a valid instance, many of the flippers I'm sure think so, and are calling in right now.

Anyone who wants their deposit (NRD) back now can call Sideshow and get it.

They have to make the regular edition size at least 1,250 now.

I would guess 2000 to 2500.

I think you'll have lots of time to order this Chap and may even be able to get the Ex much cheaper down the line.

That's what I'm hoping, TBH. I'm not 100% sold on this one. (Probably because I'm not the biggest fan of the character....BUT I'm sure this will look killer next to the inevitable Batman PF and hopefully, Harley Quinn PF.)

And if it sells out during my indecision, then 'shame on me' and it just wasn't meant to be. For what it's worth though, I think this will definitely bring the 'WOW' factor. Congrats to all who ordered. :rock I might be joining the club, sooner rather than later.

Fuzzy, I thought this was what you wanted (not to be penalized for ordering without knowing edition size), but the tone of your posts suggests that you're a bit miffed, saying how "all the flippers" are doing this and that. Am I wrong?

I know all the hardcore guys are going nuts about the 1250 ES but I honestly couldn't care. I need the Joker to go with the Batman I was going to get anyway and to be honest it's still the best looking Joker Statue I've ever seen.

Besides, we're not talking Gentle Giant or DCD numbers here. And I don't think this is going to be the case with every PF in the DC line. This is the first in a new line and probably the most recognizable villain in all of comics.

Glad I bought it, no regrets.

"Originally Posted by Chicky View Post
Hi All,

Thank you for the thread. The Joker Ex edition size will be posting this week! Even though this item has opened up the collector base to a wider DC audience, not previously purchasing product from us, I think collectors will be pleased to see that the edition size is well in range with our other edition sizes.

Sideshow Collectibles tries to provide as much information as possible when each item is posted for pre-order. There are several factors that contribute to an edition size being posted as TBD when launched. Even though we try to make sure all items have an edition size, sometimes this is not possible.

Our Customer Service has always treated our customers concerns fairly and we usually give a courtesy 'one time' NRD refund to the client if they contact us in a timely manner about their concerns for such things as abnormally large edition sizes or significant delivery delays. However, our Customer Service reps find that many of the cancellations we do receive due to 'edition size' concerns are not received within a reasonable time of the announcement of the edition size but just prior to clients having to pay for the item.

Ultimately, we receive very few complaints, in comparison to the whole, about editions sizes that are set after launching with TBDs because our editions sizes are usually within an established range.

Our 30 day Return Policy also protects the clients against item damages, defects in addition it lets them exercise their right to inspect the item and just change their mind.

We appreciate all the collectors, regardless of where they make their purchases. The staff at Sideshow hopes that the item they choose will become part of their lifetime collection and bring back fond memories of the movie, comic book or character that inspired them!"

What a JOKE...Since when people would be pleased with a Exclusive ES of 1250 ?

Last edited:
Back