Joker - Lord of the Insane

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

saintsyn

Super Freak
Reaction score
First, let me preface this post by saying that the Joker is my all time favorite villain. I’ve loved his character since I was a kid and have collected scores of figures based on him. I’ve also seen a lot of outstanding customs of the Joker. I decided I wanted to take a crack at him as a custom and have so far made three. The first I made (which I have since sold) and the second were more or less straight interpretations of his comic appearance. For my newest, I wanted to go in a different direction. The result is an amalgam of different takes on the Joker that have surfaced through the years… My inspirations in this take drew from the idea that the Joker is totally and utterly mad… In this vision, he is still an evil clown, but not the dapper, scheming harlequin we’re used to. This one is more visceral, more insane. He is self made. His smile is self-inflicted ( a nod to the new movie), his clothing is nothing more than an inmates outfit and straight jacket (a nod to The Batman cartoon). The base figure is Igor from Young Frankenstein as I liked the buggy, completely bat-guano crazed look it gave him… Well, I’ve blathered long enough. Hope you like it…

DSCF0008.jpg

DSCF0017.jpg

DSCF0048.jpg

DSCF0009-1.jpg

Back