John Wayne as a Cavalry Officer

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

King Darkness

Super Freak
Reaction score
042607waynecavalry.jpg

I'm getting this one for my dad. He is big John Wayne fan....I was hoping for a younger Wayne in traditional Western garb but this will due....

musketball said:
Where is the info on this figure? I've checked out SideShow and I can't find any info on it.

Thanks,
Brent

Only preview tonight... should be up for pre-order next week. Check your newsletter for the info and link.

galactiboy said:
Well, so not all other 1/6 lines are dead!

We have 4 now: SW, LOTR, The Dead and John Wayne :rock

Yeah, I never would have thought I would have more Wayne 12" figures than LOTR!!! :rotfl

lcummins said:
Yeah, I never would have thought I would have more Wayne 12" figures than LOTR!!! :rotfl

That is actually really funny.

BTW, any particular reason for Sideshow's recent interest in Wayne? Kind of an odd license when they seem to be phasing out other 1/6 lines.

galactiboy said:
That is actually really funny.

BTW, any particular reason for Sideshow's recent interest in Wayne? Kind of an odd license when they seem to be phasing out other 1/6 lines.

Sideshow has always gone after odd licenses! :rotfl Just a guess, but it may be the Wayne Estate approached them.

My favorite of Ford's "Cavalry Trilogy". Can't wait for Nathan Brittles. This is going to be a knock your socks off release if done well and I expect it to be. I think this as a western subject, and based on a seminal work by John Ford is much more what fans of JW have been waiting for than Sgt. Stryker. Great news.

Now they need to expand the line to include supporting cast and make Sgt. Tyree. And his horse.

I would have actually preferred Stryker, but am surprised and quite pleased to see this version. I too hope the sculpt does not change before release. Kudos to you $ide$how.
Maybe there is a slim hope for 1:6 to still come from you.

screamingmetal said:
That looks like a great sculpt! I hope they don't change the head sculpt at the last minute again. :rolleyes:
Yeah, hopefully they're not forced to scrap another great sculpt. Had to cancel my Green Beret because of that nonsense.

me too -- both of these are my favorites of the Wayne films. Searchers with him standing outside in the bright sun (always the outsider) holding his arm and framed by the doorway. That is THE classic pose of all the Wayne films. As for Quiet Man, would be wonderful if they could do a diorama with Wayne and O'Hara -- O'Hara trying to pull away and Wayne grabbing her by the arm (ET had that scene showing ).

Back