Action Figure Joaquin Phoenix "JOKER" Speculation Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That’s one way to go. This joker is too hot, I’m seeing lots of head sculpts being release in the coming months.
And just wait for the suits....this will be like DX11 all over again!

Probably. Many head sculpts to come for sure. We'll see if the other 7 clown Jokers ever materialize though. Maybe a lot of parts is more likely.

Right now, its either ToysEra or Mtoys as a base.

Thank you!

All in all a decent release (for a 3rd party figure).

Summary Toys Era's The Comedian:

Positive elements:
+ sturdy body
+ The joints aren't loose which make it a lot easier to pose (and keep the pose)
+ The accessories are great.
+ Outfit: shoes, shirt and vest, especially the shirt will be hard to surpass by another company, I think.
+ easy swappable and detailed hands
+ diorama backdrop
+ The grin sculpt actually looks good enough for me.

Negatives
- The headsculpt paint app is mediocre.
- The make-up (nose, mouth and eyes) are easily scratched.
- You can't tilt the head, only rotate it.
- The spongey jacket which is hard to futz with.
- The jacket makes him look a lot bulkier than he really is.

Thank you for your review. Very informative.

Toys Era Joker 03.jpg

Feels like mine has been all over the US lol, finally getting it today, very excited.

i found this guy on instagram @aj_custom his diorama are mind blowing and he re haired the MToys Joker
IMG_20200116_113027_219.jpg
IMG_20200116_113029_073.jpg
IMG_20200116_113031_745.jpg
IMG_20200116_113033_900.jpg
IMG_20200116_113036_413.jpg
IMG_20200116_113152_015.jpg

Finally watched the movie again, and now unfortunately the suit and figure proportions look even more off to me than before, as he's just nowhere near as slender and narrow as he should be. And so far I haven't seen anyone able to improve it much.

And I'm also concerned about the color now too. It might have appeared bright and vibrant on set, but in the actual movie it was a deeper and duller sort of red.

That rehaired Mtoys looks great in profile. I wonder why the guy spent all that time and energy re-haring and didn't take one close-up picture looking straight on? Even the video is distant and his hand is in the way.

And I'm also concerned about the color now too. It might have appeared bright and vibrant on set, but in the actual movie it was a deeper and duller sort of red.

Yeah, none of the suits have had the correct sort of cranberry color that is in the film. That might be due to lighting and post though in the movie.

I had always assumed I was going to give the suit a dye bath... but given the material, I'm not sure it would work.

Back