JND: Justice League Wonder Woman (Gal Gadot) Platinum 1:3

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wikifigures just gave the piece a 10/10 - wow, even if it is just his opinion šŸ˜‰

It looks like a really nice piece, but I think the WW84 still holds up.....the latest version is clearly an upgrade though.

Wow! The difference between the WW84 and this one are pretty stark.
View attachment 679631

Also, what the hell?
View attachment 679632

Nice, the skin texture looks much improved.

I like the WW84 sculpt a lot still but it in comparison to the new WW JL, it looks more waxy or has thicker layer of makeup caked on Gal Gadot.

Just paid off the $2,895 balance this morning. Looking forward to getting the statue in early 2024.

Here's the Wikifigure review. I really have no idea how this guy feels ok with just squishing the headsculpts like that. I felt like he will be the first to break the 1/6 Joker hands with poseable fingers. Also, the show and tell specifically tells you to hold the statue by the torso when taking it out of the box and heā€™s lifting it out by the legs :slap

That thumbnail though :LOL:

Last edited:
Some stills from the JND video. She really did come out amazingly

IMG_0991.jpeg

IMG_0986.jpeg

IMG_0985.jpeg

IMG_0990.jpeg

IMG_0987.jpeg

IMG_0989.jpeg

IMG_0988.jpeg

Still feel like the likeness isn't 100% there, but the rest of the figure is just sublime. I was hoping for them to improve on the prototype (which they did), but my wallet was really hoping otherwise so that I could cancel (I was on the fence with the prototype). This is the best full-figure representation I've seen yet of Gal's WW, and considering my regret about missing out on the JND WW84 version, I would be remiss to skip the classic look. That said, I am going to mull this over until the last day I have to pay off the balance with them...

The wobbly silicone arms/legs do have me concerned though- shipping/packaging will absolutely be key for this. Otherwise, I can see the return/exchange rate on this being quite high due to broken limbs.

Wow! The difference between the WW84 and this one are pretty stark.
View attachment 679631
Thanks for the comparison here. My biggest issue was with the likeness, and it's assuring to see it's almost the same as the WW84 sculpt (which I love), just with newer paint apps. The Wikifigure review also had some angles where the likeness was spot on, so this does a lot of address my likeness concerns.

That side profile is 100% there, this is a show stopper from them, absolutely.

I love those small details, the creasing of the skin by her knee pads, armpits, that her skin has a bit of lift at the top of her breast plate. The leg and back musculature is something else. I still don't really see the $1000 uplift, I'm not entirely sure how the R&D of fitting Silicone with Resin parts equates to that much of a lift for each statue, but either way, this has come out mind-blowingly good.

How many times have I seen someone post in response to getting an obviously noticeably downgraded production sample
"If only we could have gotten something on the level of the prototype. It would have been worth it to pay $___ more. Now if I want that I'll have to get it custom painted which will be more money and a bigger PITA".

Sometimes you actually get what you pay for.

How many times have I seen someone post in response to getting an obviously noticeably downgraded production sample
"If only we could have gotten something on the level of the prototype. It would have been worth it to pay $___ more. Now if I want that I'll have to get it custom painted which will be more money and a bigger PITA".

Sometimes you actually get what you pay for.

I would argue, you ALWAYS get what you pay for.....it's the expectation management that is usually lacking.

Unfortunately, "MOST" figure companies do not see any obligation to give you the equivalent finishing seen on the prototype. Collectors are simply supposed to use the prototype as a kind of, orientation, if you will - a vague hint of a possible outcome, for which there is no guarantee, no explanation and under no circumstances - an avenue to complain. Collectors, should simply pay the money, and be thankful that the manufacturer actually sent them something (also not guaranteed).

To us, grizzled and knarley veterans of disappointment, financial loss, and emotional anxiety - this is, of coruse, hard won experience.....but spare a thought to those young, innocent collectors - who have blundered into the "wonderful" pastime of figure collecting, and whose pockets, hearts, and a**holes are yet to feel the sting of reality.

Some stills from the JND video. She really did come out amazingly
JND mentioned that this piece is very delicate and must be handled with care. In view of the wobbly legs and arms, it is difficult to say how well this silicone statue will last, time will tellā€¦

Semi-related: Since a lot of the R&D of connecting silicone parts and non-silicone parts is more or less done, Iā€™d like to see them apply this technology and add a skeleton towards their next 1:6 figure which should be a shrunken down version of this statue.

I'm just still not feeling that sculpt. Mostly due to the mouth, but the eyes aren't quite right either.

I hope what I'm going to type isn't taken in a negative way, because I'm not trying to be an ass! Here's the thing, "consensus".....while I completely respect your opinion, and I'm not trying to convince you to approve of, or like something that doesn't work for you.....but when the overwhelming majority of individuals react positively towards a thing, and it doesn't appeal to you....it might be you that has the "false" perception, rather than the observed thing object being "not quite right".

Thankfully, the piece is beyond the point where such comments might cause JND to make alterations.......and on the plus side, at least you've saved yourself a bundle of cash. However, at this point in time "critique" of the thing is non constructive, and it's just a case of "take it, or leave it".

The irises could be darker.

What might be the biggest element affecting the (perception of the) strength of the likeness is the large diameter of the fibers they are using for the hair.
If you study Gal's portraits, you'll notice how fine her hair is. You can see it in clips from the movies. When her hair moves, it's in very thin locks, and it never looks full, or puffed up, at the crown of her head.
The thick fibers don't drape her crown quite properly, creating more mass that skews the overall head shape. Just a bit.

They did try to get the look of those thin locks at the ends, which helps some. It how it's massed where it's all rooted in that frustrates that (a little).

I don't think either of those is enough to throw the entire likeness out the window. Just making the observation as dispassionately as possible.
To my eyes, there is no mistaking who this is, and it's still the overall best Gadot full figure in the classic costume. And since I've got money down on it, that's really all that matters to me.

I did think the Prime 1 training outfit was a great portrait, along with the one on the horse. I wouldn't be surprised if someone found those two more to their taste.

Last edited:
The irises could be darker.

What might be the biggest element affecting the (perception of the) strength of the likeness is the large diameter of the fibers they are using for the hair.
If you study Gal's portraits, you'll notice how fine her hair is. You can see it in clips from the movies. When her hair moves, it's in very thin locks, and it never looks full, or puffed up, at the crown of her head.
The thick fibers don't drape her crown quite properly, creating more mass that skews the overall head shape. Just a bit.

They did try to get the look of those thin locks at the ends, which helps some. It how it's massed where it's all rooted in that frustrates that (a little).

I don't think either of those is enough to throw the entire likeness out the window. Just making the observation as dispassionately as possible.
To my eyes, there is no mistaking who this is, and it's still the overall best Gadot full figure in the classic costume. And since I've got money down on it, that's really all that matters to me.

I did think the Prime 1 training outfit was a great portrait, along with the one on the horse. I wouldn't be surprised if someone found those two more to their taste.

I'm sure a determined critic could find fault in any piece, hell, I'm certain a determined critic could raise a compelling argument to suggest the real Gal Gadot doesn't look like Gal Gadot......I don't begrudge anyone their opinion. From the get go, there were people for whom this piece wasn't hitting the mark....but we'rein the home stretch now, and while such opinions persist, you have to wonder why certain individuals feel a need to drive the point home. This piece is more or less "sold out" - and the overwhelming majority seem more than satisfied with the outcome....that's a win by anyone's standards. Again, that shouldn't be the basis to "convert the haters".....but, to come into the thread at this point to tell everyone youthat the piece doesn't work.....achieves exactly what?

I would be here until Christmas 2024 if I made it my job to enter the thread of every statue or figure I didn't like, just to tell everyone there that I don't like it.....or, I could just go be excited about pieces I do like.....

Eh. I understand what you're saying, but with a piece like this I get why some people feel motivated to make sure a contrary opinion/thought is expressed.

I'm more concerned with how well this is going to weather the shipping and manhandling from customs agents who couldn't care less about some fancy collectible.
The point on that headband worries me a little too. I expect it's keyed into the silicone so that it won't move, but that tip is still sharp enough to dig into the center of the brow if there is any undue jostling.

I hope what I'm going to type isn't taken in a negative way, because I'm not trying to be an ass! Here's the thing, "consensus".....while I completely respect your opinion, and I'm not trying to convince you to approve of, or like something that doesn't work for you.....but when the overwhelming majority of individuals react positively towards a thing, and it doesn't appeal to you....it might be you that has the "false" perception, rather than the observed thing object being "not quite right".

Thankfully, the piece is beyond the point where such comments might cause JND to make alterations.......and on the plus side, at least you've saved yourself a bundle of cash. However, at this point in time "critique" of the thing is non constructive, and it's just a case of "take it, or leave it".
Lol sorry, didn't know I was required to agree with the "consensus" here (which frankly doesn't seem that overwhelming from what I've read here and on statueforum). And this is the first time we're seeing the final product, so seems like a fairly appropriate time to express an opinion about it.

Lol sorry, didn't know I was required to agree with the "consensus" here (which frankly doesn't seem that overwhelming from what I've read here and on statueforum). And this is the first time we're seeing the final product, so seems like a fairly appropriate time to express an opinion about it.

As I said in a previous post, I'm not suggesting you need to agree or be persuaded by the "crowd" - I've also read the comments on here, statue forum, Facebook and YouTube, and while I don't have recorded numbers, my impression is that there are more positive comments than negative....of course, that doesn't make my observations any more fact based then yours, so - point taken.

Back