Jesus Jumpin' Karloff!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The sad thing is I'd happily drop 100 bucks on them. But when you see what Hot Toys is doing with Captain America and New Goblin for at least 30 bucks less, something is horribly wrong.

Maybe they think limiting them to 100 pieces each justifies the price. No way I'd pay that much.

Nick will want these, I think. :panic:

I dunno. Want yes. But would he be buying at $200 a pop for figures that are on par with Sideshow's very early $50 figures? :huh

Though to be fair, I've seen sheep spend considerably more cash on custom garbage that looked less appealing than these. :lol

I will tell you who won't be buying them.....me. I can buy a large scale resin model that I can build and paint for less than one of those items. Its all gotten entirely out of hand.:peace

I wonder if they'd consider reducing the prices if nobody bites and they get alot of complaints.

I wonder if they'd consider reducing the prices if nobody bites and they get alot of complaints.

At only 100 pieces each, I doubt they could afford to. The problem with Executive Replicas is that they're producing subject matter that appeals to an ever shrinking demographic. Amok Time tried to market to that same demo in larger numbers with prices under $100, and we saw how that went.

Well obviously limiting them to 100 is a factor. But if they couldn't sell at $60, how the hell would they sell at $200? Guys like Distinctive Dummies make hand-made figures in equally limited quantities for half the price. If Executive wants to charge that much, they need to up the quality.

Maybe they think limiting them to 100 pieces each justifies the price. No way I'd pay that much.

That must be it... I can kind of see it on the Fu Manchu; detailed outfit, unique hands, etc. But the others are pretty basic and seem to be reusing the previous Karloff sculpt.

But even with the low ES; the quality on their figures is nowhere near enough to warrant those prices.

horrendeous prices!

Have anybody bought from this store before? They have a few things that I would like, and it would be nice to hear how they are to deal with.

these clowns ever release dr.west? their site says 3rd quarter of 2010. ive wanted a west figure for so many years now.

Damn.

If you think 12" prices are going up already, just check out Executive Replicas:
https://www.executivereplicas.com/bkarloff_mainpage.htm

Look at what they want for their new Karloff figures. Those are figures I've wanted for years, but if they think they can charge Hot Toys prices for barely-Sideshow quality, they must be nuts!

Yes, I have seen these and would LOVE to own them all! :rock :D I have asked Executive Replicas about pre-ordering them. However, My online account with them does not and has not ever worked. I am told that is because Executive Replicas are making changes to their website.

Nick

Back