Jen's Customizing!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jen

KurJen - Kurgan Mod
Reaction score
Okay, I got my first Dead figure (Subject 57 - The Doctor) and he was in desperate need of more blood and gore.

I have to say I think he turned out rather well for my first custom ever. I really wish I had a better camera to show it off....my crappy digital does not do it justice. But this will atleast give you an idea of what I did.

Any suggestions are welcome!!!

And here he is:
Customs-01.jpg

Customs-12.jpg

Customs-07.jpg

Customs-10.jpg

Customs-08-1.jpg

My camera is so crappy!! :lol It's not really showing the puss and blood like I wish it would. Here is a horrible pic with the flash but you can at least kinda see the puss. I also have did puss on his arm wound/bite.

Customs-05.jpg

Well these pictures really suck the more I look at them. I'll try to get better ones tomorrow during the day when I can get some better lighting on him.

Cheers!!! :)

I didn't know zombies could get STD's.:lol Great job Jen it looks amazing. These DEAD figures are really fun and easy to customize and you did some great work.

Thanks everyone!! This was a total blast to do!! :rock :rock I can't wait for my next zombie to arrive next week!!!! More blood, more puss and maybe I'll figure out how to do bits of guts!! :D :D :D I'm seriously debating about turning Scarface into a zombie....they're just so much fun!! :lol

Nice work there... it takes courage to do some of the customizing that you have in mind, and then to actually do the work yourself can be stressful as you want it to come out the way you imagine it will...

Looks like you have pulled it off perfectly with this custom. Fantastic effort for your first custom :clap

I know what you mean by taking pictures...sometimes I feel that this is the hardest part of customizing and showing off your figures. Trying to get the best light and focus can be very frustrating.

I just managed to pick up one of those photo lightboxes, the large white pop out ones, and with the aid of some desk lamps I can now take some pictures indoors at night. Hey it's still a lot of trial and error and I am still experimenting with a lot of lighting conditions and I still want to get a digital SLR camera but its a start :lol

once again nice work Jen :)

Last edited:
Nice work there... it takes courage to do some of the customizing that you have in mind, and then to actually do the work yourself can be stressful as you want it to come out the way you imagine it will...

Looks like you have pulled it off perfectly with this custom. Fantastic effort for your first custom :clap

I know what you mean by taking pictures...sometimes I feel that this is the hardest part of customizing and showing off or figures. Trying to get the best light and focus can be very frustrating.

I just managed to pick up one of those photo lightboxes, the large white pop out ones, and with the aid of some desk lamps I can now take some pictures indoors at night. Hey it's still a lot of trial and error and I am still experimenting with a lot of lighting conditions and I still want to get a digital SLR camera but its a start :lol

once again nice work Jen :)

Thank you! And I agree, taking good pics that really capture the figure IS harder than the painting. That was fun....the picture taking...not so much! :lol :lol I've been wanting to get a good camera for awhile but seem to spend all my $$ on figs/statues instead! :lol One day I'll get one...for now, my cheapo Canon will have to do. It does quite well in natural light...but night shots are a nightmare. Have fun experimenting with your new lightbox! I would think photography would be a lot of fun if you had the proper equipment....and knew what you were doing (which I do not! :lol)

INKREDIBLE KUSTOM WORK, BUT WHO KOULD EKSPECT ANYTHING LESS FROM A KURGAN QUEEN WITH BLOOD AND GORE AS THE SUBJECT MATTER. i SHALL SEVER 4 NAYSAYER HEADS IN HONOR OF YOUR WORK!

INKREDIBLE KUSTOM WORK, BUT WHO KOULD EKSPECT ANYTHING LESS FROM A KURGAN QUEEN WITH BLOOD AND GORE AS THE SUBJECT MATTER. i SHALL SEVER 4 NAYSAYER HEADS IN HONOR OF YOUR WORK!

:rock :rock :rock :rock :rock :rock :rock :rock

MMMMMMMMMM
NAYSAYERS!!!!! NOW THAT SOUNDS LIKE MY KIND OF FUN!!! :rock :rock

Jen Rules!!! Great work, really love the Puss as well. :naughty

Seriously though, it's nice to see you doing this and I cannot wait to see where you go from here. If you ever need anything... just PM me. :rock

Back