Jedi Luke first 12in!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Frankly I'd be fine with Sideshow adjusting the limited edition to say 1500 and let us who ordered the first 1250 get free shipping and a Star Wars Key chain (sorta like they did with Dr. Doom) or something. I honestly could care less about the edition size (I know some of you do though). This way 250 more people on the wait list could get an exclusive Luke. What do you guys think about this?

I hope Sideshow's next exclusive figure will be TBD for at least a day and then have the edition set. IMO an exclusive is a figure or edition only available from one place (Sideshow). Since most people would want Sideshow's version, let the edition be bigger for the exclusive and smaller for the standard. This way, more fans can get one, and Sideshow makes more money.

I just noticed a glaring omission with this figure's release. Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't see a figure stand included in this one. If not mistaken, most if not all of Sideshow's other 12" lines have a figure stand for their figures. I can't believe they didn't include one. Big let-down.

I feel a great disturbance in the Force, as if thousands of 12" Lukes cried out in horror as they performed shelf-dives...

just got my newsletter

Just got my newsletter, what do you mean SOLD OUT already
:rolleyes:
Thanks to some great guys I got my order in.
:banana :banana

awesome!!! i go on vacation for a week, only to get home and find out that i missed my chance to get the exclusive order.... oh well i got on the wait list maybe ill get lucky.

Sideshow Q said:
A figure stand will be included with Luke.

Q

Yeah outstanding news. I wondered why it wouldn't, of course it wasn't going to stop me from getting the figure :D

But I'm definitely glad to hear we will get one :banana

show73 said:
Just got my newsletter, what do you mean SOLD OUT already
:rolleyes:
Thanks to some great guys I got my order in.
:banana :banana

Hey my wife just got her flash newsletter at 4:27 est. LOL

oxbeard said:
Never ceases to amaze me. SS gets damned for TBD edition sizes and the get damned for announcing an ES when the preorder goes up. How are they supposed to win?

For the record, I've never once complained about an edition size. As far as I'm concerned they could make 3,000,000 and I wouldn't care. I don't collect for profit like some people. Not that I am saying you are but I see countless post about people scalping/reselling/whatever you want to call it.:rolleyes:

oxbeard, if you can find one post where I complained about an edition size I'd like to see it. Look hard cause you'll never find one.

I guess next time a Star Wars 1/6 figure comes out I'll have to call in sick to work.

Thanks SS for showing loyalty to a customer who has supported you since the begining. :rolleyes:

Darklord Dave said:
There are far, far more than 1350 newsletter subscribers so not every subscriber would have a chance anyway.

I didn't really expect it to sell so fast though, glad I had the patience to wait through the long server lags.

Posting the link on every toy figure website didn't help either SS.:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I thought newsletter subscribers got first shot at exclusives??:confused: Having affiliates post the link before subscribers got a chance to order is complete B.S.

Bonehead15 said:
oxbeard, if you can find one post where I complained about an edition size I'd like to see it. Look hard cause you'll never find one.

My comment wasn't solely directed at you even though I did quote one of your replies. There have been several complaints about the quick sell-out from a variety of people and on a variety of boards.

I'm sorry if I misunderstood your post but

Bonehead15 said:
They could of at least let the edition size open for at least 24 hours so all the newsletter members could purchase the exclusive.

sounded an awful lot like a complaint to me. Again, sorry if I was wrong.

But my point is still the same, the NL is unreliable by nature (too many uncontrollable variables with delivery). Checking the boards or Sideshow's site regularly for that matter is much more reliable.

Having affiliates post the link before subscribers got a chance to order is complete B.S.

As an affliliate I have to disagree with that. They did do that once (I forget the item) and we affiliates rose up and cried "foul." And after the first person orders it's going to get out, whether it's from affiliates or fellow fans.

I was a little surprised by the low ES for the exclusive, but I have a suspicion that they are trying to make Star Wars a little special and generate some buzz. Han was the first SW PF with an exclusive and people were talking about that quick sellout for a long time.

At this rate they can have them shipped direct from China saving valuable warehouse space. That wont happen though, just a weak joke.

There's quite a few releases that don't come with a stand,btw.

Somebody refresh my memory: Does Luke actually hold or fire the skiff guard blaster during the battle over the sarlaac pit? I just can't remember.

As an affliliate I have to disagree with that. They did do that once (I forget the item) and we affiliates rose up and cried "foul." And after the first person orders it's going to get out, whether it's from affiliates or fellow fans.

I am an affiliate too, and I disagree with that statement. Sideshow promotes their Newsletter as a special service to allow newsletter members to order items FIRST!!

Here's a quote from my newsletter:

"Newsletter members are getting the first chance to order our first 12-inch Star Wars Figure: Jedi Luke Skywalker Sideshow Exclusive!"

If this is a true first chance, the order page should only be available to newsletter members. Something can be done to ensure this happens, but it would take some security. Frankly, if an affiliate posts the banner before newsletters are delivered, the statements that Sideshow makes that newsletter members get first chance is a total falsehood.

If Sideshow wants to do something really cool, make an order page that only will accept a newsletter members order (check email address or something) and have this link available for a day or two. then release the regular order link to the general public. Very fair, and then all this debate would end. Truly, you can not be serious if you say the current system is fair.

And I have to watch some MF scalper on ebay selling something he does not want, makes me sick!!!!

WOW. I cant believe the negativity on the OSW board, I thought it would be loved, but apparently not.:confused:

Oh well I LOVE IT, The only thing sidehsow should change is the high eyebrows, and mayb the mouth but Im not fussed about that.

tomandshell said:
Somebody refresh my memory: Does Luke actually hold or fire the skiff guard blaster during the battle over the sarlaac pit? I just can't remember.

Nope. He only has it for a moment in Jabba's palace.

Back