Jaws sculpts by Trevor Grove

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Or like someone on OSW said, Sideshow has a license for Jaws (didn't know this), maybe he can't sell them due to this conflict. Though I guess he could sell them as generic heads?

Sean

I forgot Sideshow had the Jaws rights. That could very well be the reason right there.

these are awesome. why doesnt any of the big companies make more Jaws stuff like this? these would sell real well.

I remember seeing that Hooper sculpt take shape years ago -- about five years ago I think -- on the Clubhouse board. There were preliminary shots of it before he added the beard. As I recall it was a Super Sculpey effort, and I think it was a little bigger than 1/6. He's moved on to wax now. About the same time, he did a three-quarter bust (three-quarters of the body, not 3/4 scale) of Angelina Jolie in that Space Captain thing, with the eyepatch (Captain Frankie?). These were the first examples of his work I ever saw. Maybe he'll post the Jolie sculpt.

Trevor needs to go to work for Hot Toys so his sculpts get paint apps they deserve. Sideshow has killed to many of his perfect sculpts with crap paint apps.

Damn, Trev did a bang up job on these. I would be down for all 3, hopefully they go up for sale and weren't on private commission.

And lets be realistic, he's not selling these to Sideshow. Sideshow's not going to release a Hooper Ricahard Dreyfus figure after they couldn't market Indiana Jones.

And lets be realistic, he's not selling these to Sideshow. Sideshow's not going to release a Hooper Ricahard Dreyfus figure after they couldn't market Indiana Jones.

It has nothing to do with him selling them to Sideshow. It's more about him being an employee of Sideshow and them being the license holders. I think they would view it as poor form on his part to be selling product for which they own the rights to.

Trevor is the rockzorz!. He said he made these for himself as he is a fan of the movie.

Last edited:
Back