Jason Reitman's GHOSTBUSTERS: Afterlife - March 2021

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Jason Reitman's GHOSTBUSTERS: Afterlife - Summer 2020

Ghostbusters meets the kids from It.

I'm always amazed how fast these kinds of this-meets-that movies get written, greenlit and shot.

The tone has nothing to do with Ghostbusters though. Strange choice.

I like all that stuff. 2016 tried to shoplift all the iconography. This seems like it could be a fun adventure even if we didn’t know they signed all the old buzzards.

I like the more serious tone. Seeing the possible terror dogs, slimer and return of the original cast?

This could be a good handoff film. As long as those nosey kids are not too annoying .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The only thing I don't buy is that the kids don't know about the New York incidents. I know it's been 30 years, but 9/11 was 20 years ago and I think kids know about it. Not to mention, there was a giant marshmallow man attacking the city and the statue of liberty walking around the city. :lol That's not the kind of thing people just forget or don't talk about. :lol

The only thing I don't buy is that the kids don't know about the New York incidents. I know it's been 30 years, but 9/11 was 20 years ago and I think kids know about it. Not to mention, there was a giant marshmallow man attacking the city and the statue of liberty walking around the city. :lol That's not the kind of thing people just forget or don't talk about. :lol

Mass hallucination. Fake news. Deepfake video.

Mass hallucination. Fake news. Deepfake video.

I mean, it's possible that people OUTSIDE NY might not believe it and think it was all an elaborate hoax or a marketing promotion from the Stay Puft Marshmallow company , but surely people would still know about it regardless of their skepticism. It was a giant Marshmallow man!! :lol

Everybody forgot about Stay Puft when the Statue of Liberty smashed a museum.

A gigantic marshmallow man, regardless if real or not, is definitely something kids would be interested in and hand down from kid after kid.

Right? I knew about Bigfoot when I was a kid before the internet, and that was a ten second video of a guy in a costume walking. :lol

Exactly. And we weren't connected by cellphones back then. It was all word-of-mouth connectivity.

Yeah, I don't buy it. We all know about the Roswell crash and there's no footage of that incident. Same goes for crop circles, the goat sucker (chupa cabra), and the moon landing :)monkey3).

Eh, I can’t say I’m excited, just curious.

As others have said, it has a completely different tone than any other Ghostbusters films. I’m not necessarily sold on the apparent premise of the entire film, but it does for sure look like it will have its nostalgic moments where you’d probably get people cheering in the theater on opening night; specifically when the garage open and Ecto-1 is revealed again.

It almost gave me sort of the same vibe as the Scary Stories film. Start exploring all of the old equipment and inadvertently release all of the secrets that it holds, including the original ghosts. It looked and sounded like at one point there was a Terror Dog in there.

It ties back to the originals, so that alone to me automatically makes it better than the 2016 abomination.

This looks like it will be a fun movie. Miles and miles ahead of the previous emasculating film that never even should've been made. I'm not much of a Ghostbusters fan, but I will definitely watch this. Unlike the last abomination that I will never ever waste my time with, this I want to see. Not necessarily in the theater (unless my kids ask), but definitely some point down the road with the family..

It's true. The ghost busters, the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man. All of it. It's all true.

Going to flop big time.....this will be it until the inevitable tv series

It's true. The ghost busters, the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man. All of it. It's all true.

Exactly - I don't understand what goes on in the minds of these writers - do they honestly think no-one remembers stuff that happened 30 years ago? Even if you're a kid, it's all handed down to you. Christ, and these days, the whole of man's experience is on the net. Bizarre thought process.

It must be a strange magically number in Hollywoodland?

Ghostbusters meets the kids from It.

I'm always amazed how fast these kinds of this-meets-that movies get written, greenlit and shot.

The tone has nothing to do with Ghostbusters though. Strange choice.

:goodpost:

Yeah, this wasn't quite what I thought/hoped it was going to be.:( Who knows - maybe the Stranger Things/It take is what they needed to get this going.

And oh-jeez - another rebooted franchise movie where everyone totally forgets massive, cataclysmic events from just thirty years ago? So you mean kids on youtube didn't notice news footage of ACTUAL GHOSTS AND ZOMBIES ATTACKING NEW YORK CITY???!:rotfl That... is kind of a stretch.

I'm a huge Jason Reitman fan, so I'm still interested and even still a bit excited for this, but this trailer was kinda disappointing.

I think I'd rather have seen more of a blend of adults and kids driving the action, especially when you've got a unique talent like Paul Rudd. Did anybody notice at the bottom of the trailer it lists him in Cast after the kids as "and Paul Rudd"?
:gah:

Back