Jack the Ripper?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

knewby

Freaked Out
Reaction score
Has anyone ever done a nice 1/6th scale Jack the Ripper figure or custom? Seems like it could be easily done ( No I have no skills) and there are no licensing issues.......................Larry

Well thanks for the smartass reply. I guess its okay for us geeks to obsess over fictional murderers but not a historical one? I have no desire for any modern killer figure, thanks for asking.............Larry

Please take your condescending attitude and pollute someone else's thread. I simply asked about a figure and you've got my whole pysche figured out. Put down the keyboard...take a deep breath....

Mezco has produced two Jack the Rippers. One in typical Mezco caricature form (he was actually two figures, one regular and one variant, different hats and facial expressions), and one is a Living Dead Doll.

As for typical action figure McFarlane had a Jack the Ripper in their "6 Faces of Madness" line.

Here's a photo of my Jack collection minus my books, you can see all three figures here:
JackShrine.jpg

No 1:6 scale that I know of, and I doubt they will ever create one as Voorhees has pointed out, Jack's a bit of a morbid character. I'm a true freak for being a Ripperphile.

Thank you Cloud for the adult and soap-box free reply. I was just curious if anyone had seen a nice custom 1/6th figure. Along the lines of the Vlad the Impaler that Sideshow put out. Another "historical" killer that this weirdo owns....................Larry

I wasn't aware that Sideshow had a Vlad.

The McFarlane line had Vlad, Jack, Countess Bathory, Rasputin, and uhh...Curse it I can't think of the other two. But you'd probably be interested in that line.

Living Dead Dolls have produced Jack, Lizzie Borden, and Countess Bathory so far. Looking forward to more dolls based on real people. They did a Black Dahlia and Edgar A. Poe & [dead] wife as well.

That's a very nice & accurate Vlad the Impaler, however Jack would be a challenge to make as nobody knows what he looked like!

Well i would be up for a 1/6 jack. Yes people may think its morbid as it's real life but it shows a still unexplained historical event.

As far as i can see a custom wouldn't be two hard. You'd need a long black coat, black trousers, gloved hands, a hat(maybe from wes cravens freddy) and a heaad with a scarf half way up it. And ofcourse a doctors satchell full of knifes...

As far as i can see a custom wouldn't be two hard. You'd need a long black coat, black trousers, gloved hands, a hat(maybe from wes cravens freddy) and a heaad with a scarf half way up it. And ofcourse a doctors satchell full of knifes...
Most interpretations of Jack (the classy gentleman with top hat and long jacket) is very inaccurate. Someone dressed like that would glaringly stand out amongst the rubble on the streets of dingy Whitechapel. He was most likely dressed as a sailor or some other common John, to blend in. The last thing he would want to do is stand out.

They do always say if you have to print the legend or print the truth. print the legend. A James Maybrick style ripper would probably sell.

I've got a statue just under 1/6 scale from when I went to the London Dungeon years ago. He has gotten a little chipped, I keep meaning to rebuild and repaint him.

Cloud is that a copy of Jack the Ripper : New York in your collection there ? Really enjoyed that game, been the first game in ages to actually creep me out, great music too.

Wasn't there already a thread here about serial killers products? :dunno

What is so hard to read about this thread? I asked about JACK THE RIPPER....him alone. This is not a thread about serial killers or mass murderers. I don't care about any of that crap. I just thought a 1/6 scale figure of a historical figure would be cool. Simple as that.....Larry

Funny thing is that although my username is JacktheRipper it has nothing to do with Jack the Ripper. I'm not against a Ripper figure; I own a couple of Mezco's and a couple TMP's versions.

and Cloud although I might not be as "into" Jack as you are I have read quite a few pieces on the subject. Come to think about it frightenly more than the casual reader.:eek:

yup, i prefer the fictional, well dressed physician Jack...

Saw a custom 1/6 Jack done with the Mezco head and some other bits from that fig. Looked surprisingly cool...

Back