Jabba 12" Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just took another shot of my Jabba display...

JABBA THRONE ROOM 001.jpg

While's it's cool that Sideshow has been (slowly) adding to the Bounty Hunters, I wish they would consider adding a new denizen to Jabba's line-up. This throne room set-up could use a new addition....

JediBear: Looks great with the lighting and plaster background. Nice shot.

Wonder if Hot Toys will produce a Jabba The Hutt and Throne... ? The SSC one was great for it's time, but let down by a toy like paint job.
Looking forward to the ROTJ line from HT.
DSC00005.jpg
DSC00009.jpg
I did a repaint on Jabba's eyes, then tinted his face, chin warts + belly suckers with Tamiya weathering pastels.
I prefer it like this. Definitely going to upgrade if HT make these figures in the coming years.

Another shot...

MY KIND OF SCUM.jpg

Some good paint upgrades going in here...I still like it just the way it is, but it's interesting to see just how the "likeness" jumps out even more with the right touch...

Jabba's stock paint may not be the most accurate colors, but I find that aside from his drool, the actual application is well done. The sculpt alone has always made me feel he was worth the asking price alone. I've owned nearly every Hasbro attempt and seen countless others and no piece has sculpted him so faithfully as the Sideshow 1/6 version.

Still want Jabba so badly trying to find a good deal on him and the throne. Just an amazing set up and i'm hoping i can have a Jabba throne room setup soon in my room.

Looks awesome. I'm searching like crazy at the moment.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Jabba's stock paint may not be the most accurate colors, but I find that aside from his drool, the actual application is well done. The sculpt alone has always made me feel he was worth the asking price alone. I've owned nearly every Hasbro attempt and seen countless others and no piece has sculpted him so faithfully as the Sideshow 1/6 version.

:exactly:

Yeah, I don't think any other collectible regardless of scale has nailed Jabba like this Sideshow version does. It's actually what got me into 1/6 - no other 1/6 SW SSC product had tempted me.

And for not much over $100, it was a steal - if HT does one (unlikely, but would be mega-cool to see) it will be $350 just for Jabba, let alone the throne.:(

Back