Jabba 12" Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm SO jealous of all of you who recieved your throne WITH your jabba. Some how fedex left my throne at their sorting facility and all I got yesterday was Jabba. So now I have to wait until next week to figure out just how much space I'll need for the throne.

Until then... here's some pics of plain old Jabba.

Here's when I took it out at work:

d6d43905.jpg

6725ea5a.jpg

845da9c4.jpg

"I can't drink my drink!"
5bb68446.jpg

364677c3.jpg

I got my throne, but no Jabba.

So in the mean time Jabba friends waiting for him.
DSC_6776.jpg

Damm that box was HUGE. I never expected it to be that big.

Yes he does, I thought I had plenty of room for it on my dresser wow its pretty much the same size. I don't remeber it looking that big at SDCC.

mfoga said:
Bib found something to do while he waits.

Very nice.. now we know what happened when Jabba went to talk to Han in ANH. When Jabba's away the Bib will play.

For those with the throne, how heavy is the railing piece, is it light and move easily or does it have a good ammount of wait so it takes some effort to move it around on the slab?

MaulFan said:
For those with the throne, how heavy is the railing piece, is it light and move easily or does it have a good ammount of wait so it takes some effort to move it around on the slab?
The rail is heavy and here's the good news, it has 2 big 1" pins on the bottom of it that insert into 2 holes on top of the throne. So this baby wont go anywhere

The Throne is so well made I honestly can't believe it! I'm going to cry right now:monkey2 :D

Turbo said:
The rail is heavy and here's the good news, it has 2 big 1" pins on the bottom of it that insert into 2 holes on top of the throne. So this baby wont go anywhere

The Throne is so well made I honestly can't believe it! I'm going to cry right now:monkey2 :D

So the railing locks in place, it doesn't just slide around anywhere on the slab?

That'd be an interesting twist, they said once it wouldn't be stuck so you could place it where you wanted, I like where it is, just makes me feel better when you can trust what you hear.

MaulFan said:
For those with the throne, how heavy is the railing piece, is it light and move easily or does it have a good amount of weight so it takes some effort to move it around on the slab?

The railing piece is just as heavy as the throne base. Mine doesn't move at all...and believe me...trying to position Jabba just right on his throne, I did some pushin' against that railing. :rotfl
It is very secure indeed.

I too was overwhelmed by the size of the box for the throne and by just how heavy overall it really is. Quality A1!
:r2d2line

MaulFan said:
So the railing locks in place, it doesn't just slide around anywhere on the slab?

That'd be an interesting twist, they said once it wouldn't be stuck so you could place it where you wanted, I like where it is, just makes me feel better when you can trust what you hear.
Yeah like I just said it has 2 pins that hold it in place. Trust me I just put it together. It does not move.

Turbo said:
Yeah like I just said it has 2 pins that hold it in place. Trust me I just put it together. It does not move.

Oh I believe you and I understood what you were saying, I was just more so processing what my expectation from the Sideshow interview against the reality of the matter.

MaulFan said:
Oh I believe you and I understood what you were saying, I was just more so processing what my expectation from the Sideshow interview against the reality of the matter.
Did SSC say it would slide around?

You know the sad thing is the rail is so nice and with fat ass in the way you can't even see it. :D

Turbo said:
Did SSC say it would slide around?

You know the sad thing is the rail is so nice and with fat ass in the way you can't even see it. :D

Well, if you ever have a place that would allow you to move 360 degrees around Jabba, you could appreciate the railing more.

As for the railing moving, in the 9/14/06 podcast where they gave the answers for the Jabba Q&A, they stated that you would be able to move the backrest/railing around, but like I said, I'm happy with the location so no biggy other than the little surprise that the final outcome was different, since this was an expensive and fragile piece, I'll feel safer knowing I can't bump the railing off by accident and risk harm.

Just got the throne today - unwrapped it even though I have absolutely NO place to put it.

It hadn't registered on me that there are 4200 of these. That's over twice as many as the highest edition PF. Guess the 1/6 line is successful, eh?

Back