Statue J Scott Campbell Classic Spiderman Comiquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
EX:800

Not happy with this, it is very dirty, scratched, paint is faded and chipped on the shoulders, some of the lines are terrible. It's nowhere near as nice as Gwen.

EX:800

Not happy with this, it is very dirty, scratched, paint is faded and chipped on the shoulders, some of the lines are terrible. It's nowhere near as nice as Gwen.

I would be looking for ATLEAST a body and both portraits. The paint on you regular head is horrible and it is dead center on his face even. How did this even get out.

I would be looking for ATLEAST a body and both portraits. The paint on you regular head is horrible and it is dead center on his face even. How did this even get out.

the paint on his EX head is awful too, can't believe how different this thing looks from the original we saw at SDCC last year

Has anyone actually been in touch with Sideshow regarding the poor paint apps on some of these Spideys? Any explanations? :dunno

I wrote them yesterday and sent some pics in as well as an explanation as to why the paint app is different than the original vision.

The more I look at those disgusting photos, the more I worry that mine is going to look like that when I get it next week.

But seriously, how on earth was that even allowed to be sent to the customer?

Didn't someone say a few posts back that their piece was incredible and very close to the proto paint? I would be very interested to see those pictures.

I wrote them yesterday and sent some pics in as well as an explanation as to why the paint app is different than the original vision.

I know quite a few of the Sideshow crew often frequent these boards so they must already know abt what people are saying abt this piece. Will be interesting to hear their thoughts on this

It looks like a freaking kid painted that! wow

Believe it or not Spartan's looks worse

It is like a very bad joke! Sorry for you buddy...

Yeah... Just with no laughter at all.

The more I look at those disgusting photos, the more I worry that mine is going to look like that when I get it next week.

But seriously, how on earth was that even allowed to be sent to the customer?

Didn't someone say a few posts back that their piece was incredible and very close to the proto paint? I would be very interested to see those pictures.

This statue seems to have the largest hit and miss QC variation I have see in a LONG time. Either a piece looks pretty damn good, or it looks like crud. I almost think that there were issues where some of the painters just started to rush. However, that doesn't explain the dirty statues I have seen.

Spidey has landed and got notice that MJ has been despatched, both within a minute of each other.

What?!?!
Day one order for Spidey and I'm still at "shipping soon" despite my last flex going out 8 days ago.
And as for MJ, I'm still at "awaiting stock pick".

Either you're an official Freak "Superstar" and every retailer wants to make sure you're happy, or you just incredibly jammy.

(not at all jealous)

*Congrats by the way. Hope you get good ones!!

A few pictures and thoughts...

Base. I love the base. Yes the graffiti is a decal which is very lazy but looks great all the same.
Brick effect is great...

21l3404.jpg

1zmpg5d.jpg

10gcxsz.jpg

Ok, we all know by now this is not proto quality. Expected? Yes but this is far removed from the proto but still very nice.
Not as glossy as pictures make it out to be. Shading looks fantastic in person, something pictures just don't do justice.
The carved lines also look decent in person. They are always going to look bad zoomed in on them...

2uz6mp2.jpg

t0kzzo.jpg

1zx9spl.jpg

34hvva8.jpg

29f2h6d.jpg

14njx2p.jpg

Now the issues.
Floating right foot for me. The peg is slightly out of position. You can push it in but it just springs back out...

2z40b68.jpg

Ex head.
Does absolutely nothing for me nor the statue. Skin colour is very flat with what looks like a bit of dirt rubbed in.
Almost looks like his face is dirty. Doesn't come across in pictures but it will stay in the box...

11ilnxu.jpg

Loads of negativity for this piece but it is still a great Spider-man statue.

P.S Shawn, please don't quote this post it's too long :lol

What?!?!
Day one order for Spidey and I'm still at "shipping soon" despite my last flex going out 8 days ago.
And as for MJ, I'm still at "awaiting stock pick".

Either you're an official Freak "Superstar" and every retailer wants to make sure you're happy, or you just incredibly jammy.

(not at all jealous)

*Congrats by the way. Hope you get good ones!!
Jay got his yesterday, Leeds!

Back