J.J. Abrams' Star Trek Into Darkness

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sigh. Well I liked both Into Darkness AND Iron Man 3. I'm glad I live in my world where I can enjoy these things, whatever it takes to get me there that some people are lacking. :D

In my case, it's not what I'm lacking, it's what I have too much of. Logic :lecture

Ok, just left the theater...that movie was friggin AWESOME! I love what they did with the story. And yes, I'm a die hard Trekkie errr Trekker...huge fan of Shatner and TOS and I still loved it!! I know...sacrilege!

Spoiler Spoiler:

Anyway...not gonna hang on this thread and be subject to all of the anti-Abrams vitriol. If you liked the last movie you'll love this one. If you enjoy what Abrams has done to revitalize ST, you'll have a great time at this movie.

Focker out. :nana:

One of the crappiest movies ever with a great Raul Julia performance stuck in it. I've only seen this once, but I will always remember this speech he gave to Chun Li after she said she had devoted her life to killing him for what he had done to her family. :lol

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GlhOUyy4wbs"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GlhOUyy4wbs[/ame]

Anyways, not waiting til Saturday afterall, I am hitting this up in the morning.

I just got back from my screening and I really enjoyed it. Since I only got into Star Trek because of the 2009 film, I guess I'm the target audience.

No worries. Its good that people are enjoying it. I still hope to aswell whenever I see it.

And I just finished Star Trek V - that was a bad Star Trek film. Star Trek Insurrection would be its TNG equivalent.

Ha! I agree with you on both counts...V was a turd. :lol

Dont think so...but TOS, TNG, and Abrams should be ranked in separate categories I think...

If we go like that:

TOS movies

1)II -TWOK
2)IV -TVH*
3)VI - TUC*
4)III - TSFS
5)I - TMP
6)V - TFF

*I could probably switch these two around depending on my mood

TNG movies

1) First Contact
2) Generations
3) Nemesis
4) Insurrection

Can't vote on Abrams films yet.

Putting them all together, TWOK would be my winner but after that it'd get tough because of the TNG movies I do really like FC and Generations. And I really enjoyed the 09 film despite some issues I have with it. I also know my bottom 3 would include Final Frontier, Nemesis and Insurrection.

Last edited:
this movie was awesome one of the best, but I am still hoping for a non actiony Star Trek like the voyage home - one of my favorite. Probably too much to ask when it comes to jj abram.

Here is one point I think we can all agree on: thanks to the budget, the visual direction or both, these JJ movies are just a huge Visual Scope that the original movies and TNG movies just didn't have. I mean, these movies are truly amazing to look at, visually. I almost believed I was watching London in the 23rd century

These movies are the Star Trek I wished I was watching when my Trekker father dragged me to them years ago.

God...I hated them so much.

These movies are the Star Trek I wished I was watching when my Trekker father dragged me to them years ago.

God...I hated them so much.

well too be fair, star trek was never about action or epic scenes. It's a think movie, that combines morality, philosophy, history, meaning of life etc.. with relatively believable science-fiction elements. You can just have a bunch of guys sitting around talking in the same few rooms and not get bored. That's the beauty.

As epic as the new star treks are, it lost a lot of the old charm. They are more action movies - bad guy kill your friend, you kill bad guy.

JJ Abram will be perfect for star wars as a director though.

I grew up on Next Generation. You always hear about classic Trek being about ideas more than action. When I finally got around to watching the original series, I was surprised to discover that Kirk was actually on a five year mission to bone every female in the universe.

Back