Its time for the next Joe!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really don't mind the slow rate. These things are friggin' expensive after all! Especially when you're still trying to complete your international GI Joe collection...

If we don't get four figures in 2009 then I'll be concerned. There's PLENTY of time for SS to announce two more figures for Q3 and Q4. They could announce one at Toy Fair and Joe Con and still make the projected four per year. I don't understand the melodrama.

If we don't get four figures in 2009 then I'll be concerned. There's PLENTY of time for SS to announce two more figures for Q3 and Q4. They could announce one at Toy Fair and Joe Con and still make the projected four per year. I don't understand the melodrama.

because 4 per year doesnt cut it...its LOTR all over again...watch and see!

Yeah, if we don't have more than 4 figures in our hands 13 months from now this line probably won't see more than 5-6 total. Sideshow clearly does not understand the art of sustaining momentum with their lines. In fact, it seems like they do pretty much everything possible to suppress/kill buzz and momentum when it's there. Even many of their decisions in the 1/6 SW line have been head-scratchers. Only the diehard SW collectors and completists kept them from gumming that line up too, ala LOTR.

Consider me officially concerned.

I am very surprised it has been 4 months now since the last figure announcement. With the plethora of figures to make, I thought we would see one a month.

I am very surprised it has been 4 months now since the last figure announcement. With the plethora of figures to make, I thought we would see one a month.

One a month might be difficult to keep up with financially, ideally I'd like to see maybe one every two months. Hopefully we'll get an announcement in the next week or two and then maybe a couple at Toy Fair.

One a month is expecting to much, but one a quarter (every 3 months) would be perfect. Hell even one every 4 months would be nice.

If we dont see one announced by years end that is gonna blow.

I Imagine we will see the Cobra Troopers by end of the month for the thanksgiving holiday special. Would love to see a different figure though.

I wouldn't expect more announcements untill atleast one figure has shipped and they find out how well the line actually sells. Being 'sold out' is nice, but how many will be canceling when the time comes to pay....

I wouldn't expect more announcements untill atleast one figure has shipped and they find out how well the line actually sells. Being 'sold out' is nice, but how many will be canceling when the time comes to pay....

true.. the problem is its a catch 22. People will cancel because nothing new/great is being announced... :horror Kind of like the LOTR line
(F-ing SS! :banghead )

The troopers will make or break this line... if they rock.. I'll get 2 or more and continue... if they suck I'll drop CC and SE and just pick up FF if they make it that far. If SE is starting to ship and no great new figs are announced.. I'm out.

In certain respects, I wish Sideshow would announce items closer to their actual shipping dates. Giving a 9 - 12 month window gives too much time for customers to jump ship.

Id like the to give us some idea of what they are working for the coming year. I really thik that they dont know themselves.

C'mon trooper! I remember that video a while back, it looked they had the Cobra Trooper completely finished and the Commander was still at concept art. I'm REALLY hoping to see this guy up by the end of the month. But then Storm Shadow would fit the black/white Friday theme a bit more...

Back