Is this a good price for this Vader Master Replicas Lightsaber?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A quick check of past eBay items shows them selling for anywhere between $400ish and $600 or $700. Looks like more money with the acrylic case. Price on this seems fair though as you said it's not over yet.

General eBay (and collectibles in general) rule for me is, an item is only worth what I'm willing to pay for it. I don't care if I can buy something I kinda like for a great price and sell it for a lot more. I look for what I want and go after it, within reason. My advice, if you're keen to bid: figure out what the highest price you'd be willing to spend is. Then enter that as your max bid with about 20 or 30 seconds to go in the auction. Keeps you from overbidding due to spur of the moment decision making, and keeps other bidders from prodding away at your max bid with their own guesses at what they think they might want to pay. I don't like giving them the time to do so. If you win, you win. If you're outbid, you move on to look for it at the price you're willing to pay, knowing someone else just wanted to spend more (or was foolishly impulse bidding).

Good luck! Post pics here if you do win it.

A quick check of past eBay items shows them selling for anywhere between $400ish and $600 or $700. Looks like more money with the acrylic case. Price on this seems fair though as you said it's not over yet.

General eBay (and collectibles in general) rule for me is, an item is only worth what I'm willing to pay for it. I don't care if I can buy something I kinda like for a great price and sell it for a lot more. I look for what I want and go after it, within reason. My advice, if you're keen to bid: figure out what the highest price you'd be willing to spend is. Then enter that as your max bid with about 20 or 30 seconds to go in the auction. Keeps you from overbidding due to spur of the moment decision making, and keeps other bidders from prodding away at your max bid with their own guesses at what they think they might want to pay. I don't like giving them the time to do so. If you win, you win. If you're outbid, you move on to look for it at the price you're willing to pay, knowing someone else just wanted to spend more (or was foolishly impulse bidding).

Good luck! Post pics here if you do win it.

Thanks, this helps a lot!

So it seems it sold for $454. Was this a good price? Did you get it?

I think the lightsabers are cool and all, but at that price...I'd rather just buy a statue instead...just my opinion though.

I think the lightsabers are cool and all, but at that price...I'd rather just buy a statue instead...just my opinion though.

When talking about props, for me they are much more important that statues or other collectibles. They are a genuine part of the movie, it's like holding something that your hero/character from the movie also held when filming. Thus: Props > statues. But not really interested in lightsabers either, though I might have an exception to that some day.

When talking about props, for me they are much more important that statues or other collectibles. They are a genuine part of the movie, it's like holding something that your hero/character from the movie also held when filming. Thus: Props > statues. But not really interested in lightsabers either, though I might have an exception to that some day.

Agreed! Props have more of a wow factor when people see them too. I see figures as artistic interpretation but props are taken as if it were real world items. Best way to represent a character for me.

Agreed! Props have more of a wow factor when people see them too. I see figures as artistic interpretation but props are taken as if it were real world items. Best way to represent a character for me.

Real props maybe, but prop replicas are in the same category as statues IMO, just personal preference which are best. I like a mix of both.

Back