Is nobody making custom figures anymore ??

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
https://ebay.com/usr/soitex_korea

You?ll have to send them a message through eBay. They have several different hook and loop options and colors. With my last order, they gave some samples that were very thin. I messaged them and they?re sending me even more options out to me this Monday. They were super nice to work with.

Fantastic. Thank you so much!

Let us know what the other options they are sending are like.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They told me with everything going on it may take a while before I get my order. However this is the Velcro (hook and loop) I have so far and I like it.

872E3027-6EDD-4E5C-94D7-349BE0CDFC98.jpg

C62DCBA1-78D2-43F4-BDD3-25EF0DF421ED.jpg

I believe there are separate part numbers for the loop and the hook sections.

Looks great, but what movie is he/she from ??

Love the wrap where did you ge that ? Could almost do a Tusken Raider with it :lol

Thanks Hoody.
It?s the female Tusken Raider from AOTC
:)
I made the wrap out of a worn piece of cloth.
Production photo of costume:
d0345be9bc7486dacbd9e51ddf14b5d6.jpg

32e4500a4a512788ca901a72fd758b17.jpg

Wow... Great job Slik.
Also looks like TDP has got some Mando characters in the works. Looking forward to seeing more of this as well.

Dear god this is so helpful. I?ve looked all
over for these. I never would have thought to use ?nail head? as a search term.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think some/most of them are heat activated - . come with glue on them and you?re supposed to use an iron or press. I just use fabric glue.

As for the velcro I use the craft store velcro dots but have also found some rolls of very thin stuff on Etsy. Ships from China. Before all this madness it still took 3wks to get here so who knows how long now.
I want to look into that Korean company TDP mentioned. Thanks Steven.

Yeah, Slikk - amazing work. A character I would never have thought to do a custom of.

I always love seeing a character done in 1/6 that has never been done before, either as a manufacturer or even a custom. When I did my Bespin Guard, I couldn't find a single pic of a custom 1/6 Besp guard so you're really kind of out there in terms of how you pull it off (I often copied people like Chakaman's techniques.)

Was the headress 3D printed or scratch-built?

Wow... Great job Slik.
Also looks like TDP has got some Mando characters in the works. Looking forward to seeing more of this as well.

I think some/most of them are heat activated - . come with glue on them and you?re supposed to use an iron or press. I just use fabric glue.

As for the velcro I use the craft store velcro dots but have also found some rolls of very thin stuff on Etsy. Ships from China. Before all this madness it still took 3wks to get here so who knows how long now.
I want to look into that Korean company TDP mentioned. Thanks Steven.

What company is TDP - is there a link and is it 1/6?

I thought i had posted a comment, but i guess not that's how blown my mind was in the work you've done.

An amazing scratch build!!

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Ha. You guys are awesome.

The samples that I ordered arrived moments ago. Here is a photo. You would order one part from the left side and one part from the right side. They were very patient with me because I was definitely having difficulty communicating with them. I have been looking for super thin Velcro like this for a long time.

076A19CA-30A0-4F30-ABB9-6971C5FD6183.jpg

12993B7B-7BFA-4204-9D64-D405DD8DE598.jpg

Wow, what a great find. Let us know how it works for multiple open/closes, and which product number works best in terms of thinness vs stickiness.

I've been struggling with bulky (ie Hasbro-type) regular velcro for years. The one issue I've found with finer/thinner/better scaled velcro - at least the stuff I've removed from HT fig outfits to reuse on customs - is that it tends to lose its "stickiness" pretty quickly.

Almost like it works well the first couple of times you part it and restick, but after its been separated a dozen or more times its lost half its stickiness.

Maybe HT uses junk quality though - they aren't wanting stuff that can be opened and closed dozens of times (like if they sold clothing sets in addition to full figs where the customer would expect the velcro to be still sticky after many times of opening/closing) - just something that can be assembled in a factory and stick once or twice.

Back