Is it me - or are the newer collectors spoiled brats!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
dvdwyn said:
1/6 = toys = more young collector..
just another reason i prefer statues..

devilof76 said:
How do you explain spoiled brat statue collectors? :dunno

Explain Statue Forum too :lol

Statue collctor = mature collector....riiiiiight....

c6vs4.gif

This is true of most "new" collectors nowadays, they didn't actually grow up in the age of the action figure evolution, they had computers and video games to keep them interested and if they don't get something new right away they flip... hell, most of these Dingbats aren't even familiar with characters they buy... seen that on here a lot! :/

M.

Just look at some of the Hot Toys/Sideshow YouTube reviews. Most of them sound like they are 12 years old.

This could also be because they're all wearing their sister's skinny jeans which has prevented their balls from dropping.

M.

It isn't just kids (teens and young adults) that collect. It is kids in general. This generation is all about "me". Self centered and lazy. Want, want, want. Don't wanna do a damn thing to get it.

Don't let others get to you. The world is filled with self entitled people. Annoying messages are best ignored and deleted immediately. Rage is averted that way lol.

It isn't just kids (teens and young adults) that collect. It is kids in general. This generation is all about "me". Self centered and lazy. Want, want, want. Don't wanna do a damn thing to get it.

I think they don't have the same appreciation that older collectors have. Me personally - I grew up dirt poor so I hardly ever had new toys when I was a kid. Everything we had was second hand or donated by our church.

And even my childhood friends who were well-to-do didn't get everything they wanted.

For these kids - I think they just can ask and they get it. So no appreciation.

Hot Toys make a lot more kid friendly figures now so we have to expect to see a lot more children getting interested in this hobby.
Little Jimmy is not going to want or care about a Kane figure because he has probably never seen Alien. Don't worry he will get older and then he will have to deal with kids that he can't stand.

Random comment. Where's your 'Game Of Death' diorama Tinister? :D

Let me buy it off you, but I won't pay for shipping. You can make yourself a new one :D

LOL. It's still packed up. I sort of got burnt out on GOD Bruce because of all the drama around the EB release. I should put that together at some point just to make sure all the pieces are there.

This is true of most "new" collectors nowadays, they didn't actually grow up in the age of the action figure evolution, they had computers and video games to keep them interested and if they don't get something new right away they flip... hell, most of these Dingbats aren't even familiar with characters they buy... seen that on here a lot! :/

M.

Exactly. They're from the "instant gratification" generation.

You mean, get born, get housing, get nutrition, get medicine, get education, get retirement automatically?

EDIT: I forgot self-esteem.

Have you ever noticed the number of rich in this country who adhere to 'progressive' values?

I work in San Francisco. So I come into contact with a lot of kids who call themselves progressive, but are secretly from wealth. I know a bunch of 20-somethings who were participants in the occupy protests that are from wealthy families. Basically - it was a big party for them. They could afford to not work for weeks and just "protest".

Back