Is it just me that find Hot Toys to be very addicting?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I suppose I am addicting to collecting 1/6 and HT just has the best product. I have maybe 30 HT figs/products. I have said before that I feel bad for folks who got into HT in the last yr because they're already behind the 8 ball trying to catch up with the godfather, wolvie, leonidis, etc at $400 per. And thankfully this came along when I was an adult, because I would have been in serious financial trouble if I started at 22.

All of you guys seem to have a problem, an addiction of any sort is no joke............ WHERE THE HELL IS MY THOR?????? I NEED HIM!!!!!, yeah I guess I'm part of the group lol.

I don't own any HT currently but I have a few on preorder (Secret Project Iron Man, Superman, Captain) but they seem cool...I am more into the bigger statues but you cant deny that some of the HT's are awesome...

I do however think some of them look cheap and doll-ish (tony stark in business suit).

Still, its not like ALL Sideshow statues are amazing...Some are very sub par.

Tony stark in the suit is not an official ht release I believe. People just put them together. I think statues are bad because you can never change them- swap heads, diff weapons, change position. All impossible. But that just my opinion.

Know what else is addictive? Getting that box in the mail and then doing the unboxing. You get the factory fresh smell. Pose the figure and
3 days later you want another one.

I think statues are bad because you can never change them- swap heads, diff weapons, change position. All impossible. But that just my opinion.

Thats the same stance my bro takes. I buy the statues and he buys the figures. I don't like posing figures due to the fact i can't do it. I will have a great idea for a "scene" for my joes and they all end up looking like they have to go number deuce. with all that said i still buy some of the marvel hot toys but alas they remain in their boxes until someone else can pose them.

I think statues are bad because you can never change them- swap heads, diff weapons, change position. All impossible. But that just my opinion.

Thats the same stance my bro takes. I buy the statues and he buys the figures. I don't like posing figures due to the fact i can't do it. I will have a great idea for a "scene" for my joes and they all end up looking like they have to go number deuce. with all that said i still buy some of the marvel hot toys but alas they remain in their boxes until someone else can pose them.

Thats true. Some people just dont have the "pose" power. lol. Ive seen some incredible poses some of these freaks have pulled off with their figures that I wouldnt have even thought of doing. :lol

I don't own any HT currently but I have a few on preorder (Secret Project Iron Man, Superman, Captain) but they seem cool...I am more into the bigger statues but you cant deny that some of the HT's are awesome...

I do however think some of them look cheap and doll-ish (tony stark in business suit).

Still, its not like ALL Sideshow statues are amazing...Some are very sub par.

Is this opinion of yours based on pictures?

If so, i can agree, some pictures can't do justice to some pieces (t2 t800 comes to mind)

But, man, once this things are in your hand, it's a sublime experience.

I'm excited for your first few purchases. i have them pre-ordered myself.

Hot Toys can be addicting. I have about 30 plus figs & thanks to the 3 C's that funded them: Cannabis, Cocaine & Crystal Meth. Someone elses addiction funds mine! Ha, ha...

I think i'm getting too carried away at the moment, i mean other than bills and food most if not all of my cash is planned for my HT and SSC Pre-Orders.

Out of the last 5 HT's available for order. I want all 5 and have ordered 3.

I know i need to cut back to less each Quarter for more money for otherstuff but it's so damn hard with so much amazing stuff coming.

I keep saying starting 1st Qtr next year i'll have a max of four on order per quarter, but i dont know if i can stick to that.

Comic-con didnt hit me hard, thank god. Out of everything new shown i only really want the Classic Pred, Boba Fett and maybe '89 Batman or black-suit Spidey.

But with Green Lantern, X-Men First Class, MGS as definite licenses i'd go for, being accompanied by awesome curveballs like the Sucker Punch girls and the Iron Man Gantry hitting me when i didn't think twice about them before... i wonder :dunno

Last edited:
At the start of the month I only wanted Batman stuff since then though I've got my DX Joker but also Iron Man Mark VI

I've also got Captain America and Jack Sparrow on pre-order, hopefully Batman to add to that tomorrow

My next regular purchases will be a War Machine and either the secret project Mark IV or the Mech Test Tony Stark (I'll probably get both)

So in short yes it's very addictive (get my first cabinet tomorrow as well)

Hot Toys are extremely addictive. I have probably over 100 HT's figures. (HT only, I also have a few Sideshow, Enterbays and Soldier Story)

The key for me has been to make sure and keep a budget and even though I still have a lot of pre-orders I'm trying to be much more selective.

I'm not even going to try for the Batman/Bruce Wayne exclusive, since I already have all the TDK figures and don't plan on adding any more to that series.

With the Iron man's I was very selective with IM2. I skipped over the MKIV and VI because they were too similar to me and only have the Mark V on pre-order. I'm also skipping the new MKII since I have the original.

I started with Batman first and said that I will collect Bats exclusovely. Than I have bought Comedian and Wolverine. So I have decided to collect only HT DC and Marvel. I got GR and Blade, prorded Superman and all the other stuff, jumped in on every IM related stuff and pre ordered Jack Sparrow and Sweeney Todd... No DC and Marvel only anymore. :lol
But all the new licences arent really intersting for me... Sucker Punch, MGS all nice but nothing for me to collect. However I might go back and add some Terminator stuff after Burton series is finished... :lol

Summed up, YES, Hot Toys is efin addicting.

nah, it's not addicting....
until you've started either huffing new boxes, or cutting the figures up into tiny pieces and huffing them. once you start doing that, there is NO turning back.

My 'problem' began 4/01/10...kind of an omen once I just realized what day that was while looking at my order list as I write this post.:cuckoo:

On that day my descent into madness began when I ordered my 1st Hot Toy.. War Machine, which got delivered Thanksgiving week of 2010.
I was really impressed by the level of detail when I examined it, but I held off going nuts and getting more figures until this March when I saw Thor..

So far this year, orders and pre orders..
Thor, IM MK V, IM MK VI, Spider-Man, IM MK II AU, Superman, IM MK IV SP, Captain America, Demon Batman & Scarecrow, Jake Sully, Suit-Up Gantry with IM MK IV, Classic Predator, Bruce Lee Enter the Dragon DX, and hopefully tomorrow Bruce and the Shadow.

What's bad is there is the Iron Monger coming, and Green Lantern, Joker 2.0, Bespin Luke Skywalker and a few other things. I'm going to have to get back to grabbing some OT shifts to keep up with all of it, as well as get a cabinet and light system.:thud:

Just got a Mech test Tony delivery, and wow is it nice:hi5: and my IM Mk III came today as well:yess: :blissy :fireworks

I originally planned on just buying Iron Man mark IV. Now that I have it, I feel like getting Cap and Thor as well :gah:
Then I see this thread; now i'm scared.. :panic:

Back