Is anyone else paranoid about Star Wars rubber?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pic is right side up on my iPhone on tapatalk (upside down when I go to tapatalk web browser mode).

So it looks like this rubber part is just the knee joints? Don't see it on the elbows. And doesn't look like the whole under suit is made of this.

I try to avoid figures with substantial amounts of rubber and fake leather. My Comedian melted and my SS Anakin's tunic flaked really bad.

Yes it's a concern when it comes to hot toys, my ed209 starters to break up 6months after I got it, caught it just in time, though I haven't had an issues with others though I'm to scared to look closely

I think the rubber problem has to do with the humidity conditions of where you live and the poses your figures are in for long amounts of time. I have heard of people using Armor All on the rubber parts as a precaution. I live in a dry heat with very little humidity and I have a lot of Muscular bodies batman suites and I have only had one issue with an Enterbay Bruce lee body. I had it in a pose with arm bent a lot at the elbow and the rubber is flaking now at the bend. I am not scared to buy figures with rubber parts but I will be careful about how I pose them.

I've never used a star wars rubber before... I wouldn't be too paranoid though, the force should be strong with it. If it breaks then you obviously have gone to the darkside for at least a 20 year commitment.

Busted Rubber

Ingredients:

1/2 oz. Raspberry Liqueur
1/2 oz. Irish Cream
1/2 oz. Grand Marnier® Orange Liqueur

Garnish: No Garnish

Instructions:

Pour in layers the raspberry liqueur then the Irish cream and finally the Grand Marnier.

Back