Ironman Mark VII Legendary Scale???

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The sculpt is amazing, I can live with the darker red but what sold me on this when I saw it at sdcc 2013 was the gold and silver armor parts. They had a brushed metallic finish finish which sold me right away. Such a shame they couldnt put another hour into the extra details. I will wait until these are lingering around and fall below msrp to pick one up for cheap and fund a repaint. I understand that it does not look like the prototype but they should have the factory paint one up and display that. Whats the point of displaying a paint job we will never get in the end. It'd be better to sell an unpainted mold for cheaper to have it repainted by someone who actually cares.

But unless I'm mistaken, the proto never had the brushed metallic effects on the gold or silver parts either...what made it look like that was the heavy lighting cast upon it from the display hall. If you remember, back when we first saw the reveal pics at Comic Con, there were some complaining that they didn't like the statue because the suit looked too glossy and came across as having a plastic look to it. As you can see from the latest set of inhand pics, this wasn't the case...lighting can give off different effects to make it look a certain way...so I actually don't think this production piece is too far away from the proto IMO :)

Trust me, with the right lighting I'd be able to make my production piece look like how the proto did at last years comic con ;)

atupapeb.jpg

a9y5ysyb.jpg

ana8egeb.jpg

It's funny that they displayed it on a different base at SDCC then the actual base, because they knew it was horrible looking.Wish they used that base.

But unless I'm mistaken, the proto never had the brushed metallic effects on the gold or silver parts either...what made it look like that was the heavy lighting cast upon it from the display hall. If you remember, back when we first saw the reveal pics at Comic Con, there were some complaining that they didn't like the statue because the suit looked too glossy and came across as having a plastic look to it. As you can see from the latest set of inhand pics, this wasn't the case...lighting can give off different effects to make it look a certain way...so I actually don't think this production piece is too far away from the proto IMO :)

Trust me, with the right lighting I'd be able to make my production piece look like how the proto did at last years comic con ;)

atupapeb.jpg

a9y5ysyb.jpg

ana8egeb.jpg

I do remember a brushed finish such as a stainless steel. Ill try to find some pics from sdcc 2013 and post them. I actually really liked the glossy finish and happy they stuch with it but just wish the gold and silver parts were painted better.

I believe you.

Here's my exemple with my two 1:2 Iron Man busts (without flash and WITH flash) that will go with this LSF:
Img_0711.jpg
Img_0712.jpg

For the "red" or burgundy (depending on the eye) and the "blue arc", I say to myself, it's ok when looking at this:
avengers-movie-screencaps.com-12141.jpg

avengers-movie-screencaps.com-13414.jpg

But now... the faceplate leaves me :(:(:(:(:(

They can do it, look at the Prometheus Engineer statue. That was no easy paint job and yet it looks just like the prototype. I guess some factories are just better than others. I like this one, but I wouldn't pay anywhere near 2k+ shipping and taxes etc for it.

I think it's either the factories or the contracts. No way Marvel and a few other pieces continually have problems and Sideshow doesn't correct them. That's either poor management or accepting a known issue in the contract. The Court of the Dead line will be the most telling. They have tons of details.

Anyone have HD pics of Iron Man in the suit and the arc reactor isn't powered up? Maybe seeing the detail of the arc reactor is something Hot Toys added. I do think it's a nice detail to have since no one will have the suit powered on all the time.

I don't plan to buy anything from them until they can demonstrate that they actually care about quality and not just their bottom line. Others should do the same and maybe they will get the message.

Definitely. I am with you on this

Couldn't agree with you more there. Their legendary scale bust i have is a complete and utter mess if you get in close. Yeah we all knew about the arc reactor being the wrong way round but the paint job under the chest plate is an absolute joke. Mine looks like i've given it to my local nursery and said, ' there you go kids paint this for me please'.

But we're far from being blown away by what we've seen. Both collector's on here who've received theirs are not particularly impressed. I don't want to come across as someone who is constantly bashing this piece but i'm just so disappointed it's turned out this way for something of this price scale. This was gonna be my first LSF.

I'm in the same boat. All the excitement has gone out the window. When Mamba returned his, it definitely signals this LSF is not up to par.

Okay so now we aren't just complaining that SSC pics don't look like the proto, we are complaining about how they don't look like a piece that came out by one of the Legacey painters?? A group that is full of some of the modern masters of painting and sculpting?? I know you guys are following this guy, ask him how long it took him to paint those pieces, and how long it took him to learn to do that. Honestly, I get the criticism that SSC doesn't use the brushed metal look or at least get it right, but to complain that the production pieces don't have it even after it wasnt used on the proto is silly.

What type of paint is used for these statues. If i do keep this statue i will most likely repaint the base at the very least.

Good to hear Bro :rock

If i get this statue and it has the WOW factor for me then yeah I'll keep it and try and get sideshow to replace any broken pieces or what not.

Random question in regards to the arc reactor. Could we make a clear sticker and print out a more detailed looking arc reactor and just stick the sticker on it so it looks more detailed when the light is off. just an idea.

Back