Ironman Mark VII Legendary Scale???

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
!!!!!!!!!!
No!!!!!!!! :-(

Wow, I just fell off my chair!!!

Thought you were going to stick with it despite the flaws.

:lol :lol are you kidding guys! ;) I've nearly spent $1K on my display for this guy! :horror can't wait for you to see it! Gonna update my display thread shortly with some WIP pics of my half scale Hall of Armour :rock Can't wait for this LSF to arrive :panic: :panic:

:lol :lol are you kidding guys! ;) I've nearly spent $1K on my display for this guy! :horror can't wait for you to see it! Gonna update my display thread shortly with some WIP pics of my half scale Hall of Armour :rock Can't wait for this LSF to arrive :panic: :panic:

LOL. I'm keeping mine as well. I'll put up some pics on Tuesday.

Geeze, Andy, I thought hell had frozen over when you posted "Cancelled!"! :wink1: :lol

Geeze, Andy, I thought hell had frozen over for a minute! :wink1: :lol

Iron Man is my blood Mark...I was always gonna get this bad boy! In all honesty guys, and I don't want to create World War 3 but apart from the shabby base (which I can repaint) I'm actually liking what I've seen so far, especially from the video review of CowboyTsunami and the pics from Mamba...

Iron Man is my blood Mark...I was always gonna get this bad boy! In all honesty guys, and I don't want to create World War 3 but apart from the shabby base (which I can repaint) I'm actually liking what I've seen so far, especially from the video review of CowboyTsunami and the pics from Mamba...

:goodpost: I agree, the base is not great but I do like everything else.

Right on, bro! Here's to you receiving your statue safe & sound! :duff

One more comparison for everyone.

DF5B78DE-5ADB-478D-8C50-C72345686709_zps1gr20zfc.jpg

v5v04l.jpg

Chris

Iron Man doesn't get the production love he deserves.

Couldn't agree with you more there. Their legendary scale bust i have is a complete and utter mess if you get in close. Yeah we all knew about the arc reactor being the wrong way round but the paint job under the chest plate is an absolute joke. Mine looks like i've given it to my local nursery and said, ' there you go kids paint this for me please'.

William Mendoza was never going to say 'It looks pretty bad'.

But we're far from being blown away by what we've seen. Both collector's on here who've received theirs are not particularly impressed. I don't want to come across as someone who is constantly bashing this piece but i'm just so disappointed it's turned out this way for something of this price scale. This was gonna be my first LSF.

One more comparison for everyone.

DF5B78DE-5ADB-478D-8C50-C72345686709_zps1gr20zfc.jpg

v5v04l.jpg

Chris

They say a picture is worth a thousand words and never has that been more true than when looking at those pics. Someone needs to send those shots to Sideshow and ask them what the hell they're between the prototype phase and actual production. Seeing that just makes me even more angry about how badly they screwed this piece up!

They can do it, look at the Prometheus Engineer statue. That was no easy paint job and yet it looks just like the prototype. I guess some factories are just better than others. I like this one, but I wouldn't pay anywhere near 2k+ shipping and taxes etc for it.

What about the arc Andy? How do you feel about it?
Personnally, I feel kinda let down by SS for a 2k piece... But even for the life size bust this is a big let down...

Someone needs to send those shots to Sideshow and ask them what the hell they're between the prototype phase and actual production.
In no way am I defending the finished product but, as far as i'm aware, what's shown in that picture was never promised. That is from the Legacy team who worked on the movie, NOT the prototype.

He looks good, congrats mamba!
I believe Mamba has decided to return his for a refund.

In no way am I defending the finished product but, as far as i'm aware, what's shown in that picture was never promised. That is from the Legacy team who worked on the movie, NOT the prototype.

That may be true, but if you can't make the finished piece look close to the prototype then you shouldn't even be making these things in the first place IMHO...let alone charging $2k for them.

What about the arc Andy? How do you feel about it?
Personnally, I feel kinda let down by SS for a 2k piece... But even for the life size bust this is a big let down...

Yea, I can understand people's frustrations on certain parts of this LSF not being up to scratch but I personally don't see it all to be quite as bad as what others are saying. Again, this hobby is all about opinions, preferences and dislikes, etc...so not everyone will always agree on things whereas on the other hand, certain people will agree on things and so on...it's what makes this hobby so great in my opinion. After all, if we all agreed on everything then it would be a pretty dross environment to be in :)

Am I disappointed by what I've seen so far? Well....if I'm being honest, in regards to the paint apps, the gold parts are not a shock to me...I resigned a long time ago that Sideshow were never gonna replicate the brushed metallic effect correctly, if at all....and low and behold, they still haven't achieved it :slap Yes, things could have been done better but then again, you could be saying this about a lot of statues from sideshow regardless of whether it's $2k or $600...the comparison pic that Atheris posted is a little unfair as that one which is painted to a very high level was done by a very talented artist who works for Legacy Effects and so is actually better than the proto that Sideshow had on display at Comic Con last year :lol

dahyrypu.jpg

what the rest of us will recieve will be more accurate to the proto and have been painted by the factories in China so it's a bit unfair to compare those two pics imo....by the way, I've been following the guy who painted that MKVII from Legacy Effects (Jamie) on Instagram and some of his repaints including the upcoming MKII 1/4 Maquette and a battle damaged version of the MKIII LSF are truly incredible! :thud:

jyse9uhy.jpg

a9u8y9um.jpg

but at the end of the day, its proof that the brushed metallic look CAN be achieved which is even more frustrating as you'd expect the same level of standards from a Sideshow piece :dunno

With that said, I'm still not let down by this cos if I'm being honest, I already expected it. My MKIII LSF is one of my favourite Collectibles in my collection and that piece is far from being perfect...the gold parts aren't brushed metallic and the arc reactor on that is infact less detailed than what we've seen on this new MKVII :dunno so again, the arc reactor isn't a biggie for me...some would also say that the MKIII LSF was also a darker shade of red compared to the proto so all these same issues we are hearing about for the MKVII we've already had with the MKIII LSF....and like I said, I totally love that statue with a passion! So with that said, I'm looking forward to the MKVII arriving....my only beef with it would be the base at this point in time. Once it's inhand I'll be able to give a more indepth analysis of the statue until then I'm still pretty pumped to be getting this guy.

Last edited:
The sculpt is amazing, I can live with the darker red but what sold me on this when I saw it at sdcc 2013 was the gold and silver armor parts. They had a brushed metallic finish finish which sold me right away. Such a shame they couldnt put another hour into the extra details. I will wait until these are lingering around and fall below msrp to pick one up for cheap and fund a repaint. I understand that it does not look like the prototype but they should have the factory paint one up and display that. Whats the point of displaying a paint job we will never get in the end. It'd be better to sell an unpainted mold for cheaper to have it repainted by someone who actually cares.

Back