Ironman Mark VII Legendary Scale???

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Okay, just done a bit of research and managed to find a pic of the MKVII LSF plus a quick snippet of him in a YT vid taken at this years London Toy Fair...maybe the 'coming soon' in the Sideshow newsletter wasn't a typo after all!!!! :panic: :panic:

What do'ya think guys???

5ezemyju.jpg

When viewing the vids guys, forward to 1m 11 secs to see the MKVII LSF

https://youtu.be/GhFTkYNUoe0

Also added a latst pic of the Superman Premium Format in the DC section guys :rock

The worst angle I have seen of this statue.

Last edited:
I think the gloss is to make it look more metallic I guess. However, under normal lighting I don't think the shine will be as predominant as you see in these pics...:)
What has always bothered me and this also goes for the Hot Toys figures as well, is that the gloss that they apply makes it look plastic. This is mainly due to the fact that the suits in the movie don't have that level of gloss but more of brushed metal look. The proto image of Sideshows Mark 42 is how this should be painted, although that would never happen unfortunately. They just need to tone down the gloss.

400253_press05.jpg

Look a lot better in the SDCC, maybe the lighting... I dont mind the glossy look as long as it pulls of the similar metallic color of metal.

Adding a ton of gloss doesn't make something look like metal.
Is metallic paint that expensive? These things aren't cheap.

For the price of these items everyone of them should have the MK 42, proto, finish.

What has always bothered me and this also goes for the Hot Toys figures as well, is that the gloss that they apply makes it look plastic. This is mainly due to the fact that the suits in the movie don't have that level of gloss but more of brushed metal look. The proto image of Sideshows Mark 42 is how this should be painted, although that would never happen unfortunately. They just need to tone down the gloss.

400253_press05.jpg

I really think the shiney 'wet look' your seeing in the pics is mainly to do with lighting. If you take this pic for reference, there doesn't appear to be much difference between the MKIII and MKVII in terms of shine :)

dyzymahu.jpg

If you also watch the video which I posted a few posts back, you get to see it up close (allbeit for about 5 seconds :lol) but you can see that it doesn't look as glossy as it does from the images where the lights reflect off it :)

Also, you can see the pics in this link, that the shine is more evident from where the light reflects off it...

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/...130851-Ironman-Mark-VII-Legendary-Scale/page6

Look a lot better in the SDCC, maybe the lighting... I dont mind the glossy look as long as it pulls of the similar metallic color of metal.

July cant come soon enough Asdf!!! Bring on the rest of their LSF's :rock

Its difficult to say whats right or whats accurate...certain parts of the Avengers movie, the suit looks matte but then when you see the MKVII in his hall of armour it does look more shinier...

2aru3yve.jpg

uneqa3un.jpg

For the price of these items everyone of them should have the MK 42, proto, finish.

No not really, and you are correct, it has quite the opposite effect in fact, any coat will kill the metallic look. I painted my awful sideshow Scar mask with Alclad chrome and it really brought it to life over the dull silver they used. Same goes for the Big Chap Alien LSB, they have painted the teeth dull silver and it looks really bad, hopefully all of the complaining will see metallic paint added. It is a small detail that yields huge results and given the cost of these things it should be standard where required.

This.

This piece just looks exceptionally wet/glossy in every pic I see it in and like Hologram pointed out this shouldn't be the case & it doesn't look this way on screen. I don't recall the other IM LSF's looking this glossy but I don't own one to confirm it.

The Mark VI maquette and the Hulkbuster comiquette are exceptionally well done and neither of those look glossy like this one does. :dunno

I had that Scar mask Matt...
Put me off ever buying another.

It was truly awful, almost put me off Sideshow completely. But after a decent repaint and some proper lenses were fitted it is now one of my favorite collectables, you eyes are drawn to it. The Celtic was just as bad, must get around to fixing that too....

I guess for those who have seen this in person, how is the paint job to you guys?

The paint imo looked awesome at SDCC. This was my favorite piece at the con.:

The lighting made everything looked wetter than they actually are. Here is an example comparing the red paint on the Oxmox Iron Man:

vs

Back