Ironman Mark VII Legendary Scale???

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello guys, this is my first post, im from Spain and i have been waiting for this statue 7 months but finally is here and i want to share with all of u how angry i am with the control quality of sideshow.
The statue seems to be ok but when i begin to assemble i quickly noticed that something was wrong. The legs are to inclined forward but i continue assembling the rest of the body and here is the result.
This iron man seems to be ready to fly, very very angled forward :mad:
I also discovered a crack in the left foot.
Happened this to anyone else? any advice?
Sorry for my english :)

View attachment 152166

View attachment 152165

View attachment 152167

View attachment 152168

View attachment 152169

View attachment 152170

sorry men,yesterday I speak with a dealer and apparently is a bug that have 100% of the units in greater or lesser extent

Hello guys, this is my first post, im from Spain and i have been waiting for this statue 7 months but finally is here and i want to share with all of u how angry i am with the control quality of sideshow.
The statue seems to be ok but when i begin to assemble i quickly noticed that something was wrong. The legs are to inclined forward but i continue assembling the rest of the body and here is the result.
This iron man seems to be ready to fly, very very angled forward :mad:
I also discovered a crack in the left foot.
Happened this to anyone else? any advice?
Sorry for my english :)

View attachment 152166

View attachment 152165

View attachment 152167

View attachment 152168

View attachment 152169

View attachment 152170

This is the exact problem that mine had. Unfortunately when I tried to reinstall the legs after the first attempt the square metal peg got stuck. I figured I would remove the legs again and to try and sand the hole that the peg goes in to allow to peg to seat properly. On removing the legs the second time the peg would not come free and the heel sheared off! I spoke to the folks at Sideshow, explained what happened and after sending pictures (at their request) of the broken pieces they told me to repackage it, send it back and they would replace the whole thing.

I received the replacement today and once I have completed the light up riser to match the one under my Mark III, I'll take it out and put it together. The riser should be finished late this week or early next week. We've been crazy busy at work (We just finished building the 'Survivor' finale amongst many other projects) otherwise it would have been finished already.
I would like to add that the folks at Sideshow could not have been more helpful. I contacted them on December 1st after the Thanksgiving holiday and 15 days later I have the replacement. The fact I only live 25 miles from them helps.

Good luck with getting yours replaced. You could carefully sand the peg hole but as the foot is cracked it won't totally resolve your problem. I'll post pictures of my Mark VII once I get it on the light up riser.

My latest project. Still a WIP
vader-impressive.jpg

anyway, enough talk about Banning! :lecture just wanted to show this great pic as proof that a metallic faceplate is achievable :rock

fd7822c59199f791d4563a615a0e7b13.jpg

I so need to do this to mine :(

633ef861ddf8b9258d6fd790939914e4.jpg

I would not want to risk sending the head of a $2000 figure anywhere. What if it gets lost or destroyed? You would be left with a headless $2000 statue.

Harsh truth: no touch ups should be necessary on a 2000$ piece. The LSF line is a major failure.

maybe so, but most in this hobby buy pieces that look fine painted as is. Of course I wouldn't pay retail on a open ES piece, but for $1500-1700, I think the paint app on this is fine if it doesn't have flaws. The Mark 3 may be more "accurate" in shade of colors, but I guarantee it's not painted any better than this one.

This looks great Chris :clap really cool stuff! Hopefully my 1/2 scale Hall of Amour display won't be too much longer as we are currently experiencing some teething problems on shipping quotes as the darn display weighs a ton so as you can imagine, shipping that thing from Miami all the way to London isn't gonna be cheap :(

They look great. Clearly the Mark 7 is a better looking armor than the Mark 3 and its pose is superior.

I guess it's all about personal preferences but for me the MKIII is the better of the 2 armours imo...the MKIII is still the better looking of the two in all depts :) plus I love the first movie :rock

a77ab5229167086abe2b443300c71444.jpg

5654bae82e98e8a00388e882903601f6.jpg

I would not want to risk sending the head of a $2000 figure anywhere. What if it gets lost or destroyed? You would be left with a headless $2000 statue.

That's why I have a spare MKVII LSF head ;) :lol mine will be repainted after the new year as I much prefer the faceplate to look more matte for starters but more importantly to have a brushed mettalic look to it so fingers crossed it'll come out better than the original :)

This looks great Chris :clap really cool stuff! Hopefully my 1/2 scale Hall of Amour display won't be too much longer as we are currently experiencing some teething problems on shipping quotes as the darn display weighs a ton so as you can imagine, shipping that thing from Miami all the way to London isn't gonna be cheap :(

I guess it's all about personal preferences but for me the MKIII is the better of the 2 armours imo...the MKIII is still the better looking of the two in all depts :) plus I love the first movie :rock

a77ab5229167086abe2b443300c71444.jpg

5654bae82e98e8a00388e882903601f6.jpg

That's why I have a spare MKVII LSF head ;) :lol mine will be repainted after the new year as I much prefer the faceplate to look more matte for starters but more importantly to have a brushed mettalic look to it so fingers crossed it'll come out better than the original :)

How does one go about getting a spare lsf head? Even the hot toys mark 7 head is expensive.

If XM Stidios keep selling at this rhythm we will see 1/2 scale for sure,maybe same price and better quality,this is a old car running between the men and the new kid in town :rock

Grease_car_race_LA_river.jpg

Back