1/6 Ironman holographic Display

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Skull

Super Freak
Reaction score
Just seen this on hot toys youtube page, could save a lot of money in ironman armors, this display seems to cover them all:lol

[ame]https://youtu.be/SCtvWJd8Yu4[/ame]

I'm still passionate about my hatred of the Iron Man over saturation, but, when I saw this, the first thing that popped into my head was "that's cool as ****." Seriously, it's just really awesome. I actually like the holograms of the armors better than the actual Hot Toys armor figures.:lol

Think it's probably the most incredible display case of all time.
Probably a lot of work to make the special video content.

Such holographic projectors aren't that new but to use it in this way is a great idea imo!

Think it deserves it's own thread, sad one will probably never be able to buy such a thing. :(

What's cool about these is that they are actually pretty easy to be put together. A graphic designer and a good DIY guy could put something like this together in a matter of weeks.

If there was a way for us to get the file of that holographic animation, we could build our own set ups.

Maybe we should put some money together and get these guys to make some stuff for us. :lol

I wonder how much they charge to do something like that.

Funny, its shows the problem with HT figures, arms are too long.

That's funny, never noticed it. But it could lead them to an intersting way of improving their general product accuracy by "projecting" reference material with original proportions on / in front of the prototypes to find inaccuracies in lifetime.

So, it's not exactly 3-dimensional.

(...)

No, it's projected with three perspectives, each on one of the glass sides, otherwise this thing would have to track from which perpective you're looking at it, kind of like the Toshiba 55ZL2G and change the projected content.

What's cool about these is that they are actually pretty easy to be put together. A graphic designer and a good DIY guy could put something like this together in a matter of weeks.

If there was a way for us to get the file of that holographic animation, we could build our own set ups.

Maybe we should put some money together and get these guys to make some stuff for us. :lol

I wonder how much they charge to do something like that.

Think the projected content is the most difficult and expensive part, they probably got good assistence from IM3's CGI team. :lol

Making this from scratch without having any files of the suits I can imagine it would cost more than 100k.

Don't know how easy it would by to build such a holographic projector in this quality but I think they can be bought starting from about $2.000.

If there would be the chance to get the projected content I'd really give it a try.

Here's another stunning animation they made:

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0HByx-oelkk[/ame]

Last edited:
Back